Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening,no Nicos,but i have recollections of the coronation,where has the time gone,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• No Nicos, but my mother told me about the king, and Churchill as well 🙄
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^^^ I guessed you might have said that Rary
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Very belated birthday greetings, LD. Hope you had a lovely day.

Sorry to hear the news about the queen. The end of an era. Not many people today have her sense of public duty and service.

On a cheerier note, all the things I shipped over from the UK arrived today. First time I've ever done this and it was an entirely positive experience. Will repeat. Probably not bother with checking in a big bag on a plane ever again.

Sleep tight, everyone. Catch you all tomorrow.

Comment

• Morning

Hair cut this morning then some shopping. With all the rain we've been getting only my GH will need watering later the lawns gone from crunchy to soggy plus it's starting to turn green.

Hope everything arrived safe Snoop.

enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

New windscreen for our main car today. It’s had a large crack across the bottom for a while which you couldn’t see from inside.

Ironing for me today plus a few other domestics .

Glad your shipping went ok Snoop. It’s always a concern they might go missing.

Best get that iron heated up…..

Enjoy your day peeps!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. Sad news about the queen. The first state occasion I remember seeing on TV was Churchill's funeral too. I think it was the first time I'd seen anything on TV in the morning. Mr GF vaguely remembers the death of George VI, but definitely remembers his coronation as, as a schoolboy, he says he was given a silver teaspoon and a commemorative mug and he thinks (but is not sure) a bank account opened with sixpence with the Yorkshire Penny Bank.....long gone.

I must go and pick some "nice" matching apples today and possibly grapes as tomorrow is a large local agricultural show and my sister has entered them. She will no doubt be at panic stations in her kitchen all day baking cakes etc to enter.

Happy to hear all your goodies arrived Snoop.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  It rained overnight but its brighter now.
                  A day of domestics and maybe some ironing.

So sad to hear of the queens passing, she was a great lady.

My grandaughter is going to her debs tonight so we will go to see her off later.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Thanks for the thoughts over the stuff. Two items not working (CD and cassette player), but probably not working when I packed them. I had no way of testing them there. But never mind. Mr Snoop currently listening to old records on the turntable and singing away.

Sunny here today, but cool enough at night for us to move over to a thicker quilt tonight. My new sourdough starter did nothing in the night due to the chill, but is perking up quite a bit now it's getting warmer in the kitchen. Started again from scratch with a new bag of organic whole rye. Very whole... looks like there are bits of grass in the starter! But the starter is obviously very happy though, so who am I to complain?

Mostly billing on the cards for me today. Bit of gardening and breadmaking later if I'm allowed. Mr Snoop wants to have a furniture rearrange to accommodate the new sound equipment... When the smiles heard that they shot off with nary a backward glance. I'm not looking forward to it either.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• It looks as if I've done nothing so far as I've been sat in a comfy chair with my phone.....but I've actually been quite busy dealing with today's post etc.

It still amazes me that I don't have to queue at a post office any more to tax the car, which obviously used to involve searching for the current MOT and insurance first. 🤯. Less than 5 minutes now and it's done, paid for and I've got the confirmation email.

How did I ever live without a smartphone? I didn't even want one.

In fact I've just told Mr GF I'll have a new one for Christmas. This one, my first, is a few years old and getting worn out but I really am not looking forward to setting up a new one.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 09-09-2022, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,sounds busy on here,we all up to something,GF what a memory to have,thats the thing about being older hehehe,i have neve been into royalty but,respect her working ethics,something few more peeps in the world could learn,may she rest in peace,there goes that christmas word again,just to add,my choir have started rehersals,the speed life is traveling it soon be here,the sun is trying it's best,have a good afternoon everyone,brake over,back to work hehehe
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon, rain earlier this morning, but it has dried up and OH has a washing out, let her do it herself as I think she needs to move a bit more, (and I am not being nasty saying that) I did the hoovering, I don't dust if you blink your eyes fast you don't see it had To go up the town for some messages then back home and made the lunch now going out to do some tidying up, before a couple of the grandsons come home from school. Catch you later ​​
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I have picked and delivered apples and grapes. I did comment to my sister that I really don't think the grapes are up to show standard this year and maybe just eat them but I don't think she was listening. I took her plenty apples to pick from but I did tell her if she wants more, which she is more than welcome to, she has to come and pick them herself or con/bribe her daughter into picking them.

I came home up the M1, only 3 junctions, and got caught in a really heavy rainstorm. At least all the drivers were sensible and really reduced speed without flashing signs telling them to. We all crawled along at 30mph for a few miles. I've only seen rain that heavy once before in England, but several times in Europe. The sun is shining again now though.
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 09-09-2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• RIP Queen Elizabeth 11. It will be interesting to see what Charles 111 brings to the throne?

Hello you lot. Hope you are all keeping well. Haven't been on for a bit but still keeping busy on my allotment.Hasn't been a bad year for me crop wise but it doesn't matter what the year brings, us gardeners always seem to moan! Or is that just me?
                              Take care folks and I'll try to get on the forum more often in the future, can't promise mind!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Afternoon,had phone call from son,seems the scarecrow festival that we were going to next week is cancelled,most people involved will be out of pocket,as apparently is a big affair,stalls are paid for,i expect food ordered for the food sellers,as it's their lively hood,and most likely not get another venue,and the poor organizers,they have games stalls as well,it apparently sees a crouds of peeps,alo not had one for last 2 years on account off covid,am sure Her Majesty and family would not wish this to happen,after all a morning and afternoon silence by all,as in everyting stoop,for a few mins,to show respect,after all the emergency serrvices will be on call just the same,there are many ways to show respect,son has been involved for several years,it involves the whole weekend,we just hope they change their minds,so i just for 1,have been doing all my project work for nothing,i will carry on,and we could always do a car boot in a few weeks time,son has also done a lot of work,sorry for the moan,but the funeral day then i could agree,none of he bove is out of any kind of disrespect.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X