X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mornin n’alln’all

Still nice and warm here too but it does feel as if Autumn is on the way first thing.

Rary…any tips please to help me evade doing the ironing today? I know you are our resident expert…..
    The answer is simple Nicos, ignore it and if anyone mentions it just say you didn't see it, or if it's your OH the answer to him is-- I thought you were doing it​​​​​​
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Nicos, I find with every year that passes I find that less and less things "need" ironing even though they might look better for it. I used to iron my 100% cotton flat sheets, but when I replaced them with deep fitted ones that actually fit really tightly I can't tell the difference ........ particularly without my glasses.....and don't forget we all need to save energy! So I'm also being green and eco friendly.
      Last edited by greenishfing; 05-09-2022, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• I’m holding out folks!…..I’m holding out!….( for now at least.)
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I’ve just sat down for a brew and a chocolate bun experiment.
          Half a chocolate bun slathered with Nutella and the other half slathered with Milka nut spread.
          I know - it’s thoughtful of me to save you having to try them out

The winner - Nutella!
          The Milka one was more liquid and less gritty and sweeter , but lacked the flavour of Nutella.

So if you are ever faced with such a dilemma as to which to choose……

You are most welcome.

Comment

• Oh…forgot to say…they were only half buns as I’m dieting!

Comment

• Nicos, you are so restrained....... dieting!? You would have not even tempted me though as nuts and chocolate together ....Yuk! Nutella...... double yuk! Chocolate buns ....jam and cream or chocolate sauce.....heaven.... drop or too of brandy added ...ecstasy.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 05-09-2022, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Evening

Bramble just wanted to say your tomato soup was delicious, thanks for posting the recipe.
                I will be making it again once we’ve eaten what’s in the freezer.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  Evening

Bramble just wanted to say your tomato soup was delicious, thanks for posting the recipe.
                  I will be making it again once we’ve eaten what’s in the freezer.
                  Bren, glad it worked out for you..Its lovely on a cold day with a chunk of bread 😏

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, wide awake, no idea why. Think it’s too warm. I’m tired I just can’t sleep. Anyhoo will catch you later.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mornin Jayn’all n’alln’all,

We’ve decided to go off in the camper overnight. It’s forecast thunderstorms and rain so it’s now more likely to happen!

We’ve loads of things for charity and there aren’t many charity shops over here. ( one thing I miss from the uk) But it’s a great charity as the proceeds go towards paying expenses to people who look after other people’s pets whilst they are in hospital or recovering from an operation and have no one else to help them out - amongst other things pet related. But it’s over 2 hrs away.
                      so…making the most of all that fuel used, we might as well make it into a camping trip. There are also a few prehistoric sites nearby which we’ve not yet seen. So, win win.
                      Sill got guests here and the neighbours are helping with the chooks and Hibou so it’s a good time to go.

Anyone else at bursting point from eating loads of stewed apple yet?

Enjoy your day peeps!

Comment

• Morning

Enjoy your outing Nicos, we have a lot of charity shops 5 in a 10min walk, I suppose its a use for those empty shops.

Stewed apples with a sprinkle of cinnamon on oatmeal most mornings
                        Last year our 2 trees only produced 5 apples this year both trees are full. they're Worcester Pearmain a lovely desert apple but they don't store above a week or two. I'm mostly dehydrating them by the time I've done I should have enough for overwinter. We've given lots away no one leaves without some

best get on back later.

Comment

• Morning all.

Have had a very slow start to the day. Better speed up this afternoon, as lots to get through.

We're moving into the modern world here: we are now the proud owners of a microwave oven! A device that chews through electricity but fortunately is only on for a few minutes at a time. Seems like the ideal companion for the freezer, but most days I suspect its main purpose will be to heat milk for my morning coffee and so save washing up a saucepan.

Better get a move on. The smiles left ages ago on their usual rounds but will be back before I've barely started on my long list of jobs to do.

Enjoy your outing, Nicos. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon.all.
                            Its lashing rain here so might do some cooking this afternoon.

We have two charity shops nearby. St Vincent de Paul and care for the elderly and homeless.

I intend making apple jelly this afternoon but I am feeling put off by the length of time it will take.
                            Straining the apples overnight and then doing the other half the next day.
                            I dont have a dehydrator as I wouldnt have a use for it,

Enjoy your outing Nicos, sounds like killing two birds with the one stone.

Have a good afternoon all.

Your overnight trip sounds lively Nicos, enjoy it,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• HELLO ALL,i was back for the bank holiday,but been busy,and i the only recomendation i can give about the place is,AVOID,we came back a day earlier,i did enjoy some of the time away,nice family time,the walking creased me,what with my knees,traped nerves in the back again,all hiding in the back ground again,fially got my driving licence and new pic,sorted,so big sigh of relief,be even better when it's returned to me at my new address,and my 3 year update,as it will be up this Thursday,my head is doing a wirlwind of stuff,only got until a week on friday to get my project ready,the garden is on the back burner for now,apart from looking and picking,things have taken off at last,but saddly no carrots,must go out and get some milk now,Bgood2yourselves,
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening

Snoop enjoy your microwave, ours is mostly used for defrosting, sponge puddings, jacket potatoes and just lately for apple slices.

Welcome back Lottie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X