This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see you Snadge!

That’s a great shame lottie . It does seem strange to cancel it in that other places of pleasure such as pubs, restaurants, cinemas etc are still open.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Good to see you, Snadger. Glad to hear you've had a decent year on your plot.

Shame about the event, LD. Seems unnecessarily harsh.

Autumnal start to the day but due to get quite warm later. Longish-term forecast is for drizzle for ten days, starting Tuesday. Piffling amounts of drizzle each day, though, just cloudy and warm. Perfect conditions for fungal diseases...

Other than that, all good. Off out for supper tonight. Cheap spot with decent food, unintimidating staff and an amazing view out to the mountains. Looking forward to it already. The smiles were dithering here this morning, licking their lips at the thought of the restaurant's roast lamb, but I've had to warn them it might not be on the menu. So they left with a promise to be awake when the dogs get their doggie bags, that is if we don't eat it all.

Right, on with the show. Putting away stuff for next summer, bit of work on the veg patch and refilling the barrels from the well and then an afternoon nap. And a bit of baking in between. Rather optimistically, I started a pizza dough with some of my new and very energetic sourdough starter. The pizza dough is bubbling away slowly, but my actual starter has slowed down. Doubtless it'll pick up. Also got a pair of 50/50 white/wholewheat loaves on the go for baking later on. What a brilliant day!

Have a great one, yourselves.
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 10-09-2022, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Good morning,dry outside so far,the good thing is,the ground has had what it needed,and no flooding,Snoop enjoy your evening meal,you sound very busy lass,i have to yet find my start button today again,it needs a bit of oil and a tweek or two,see you later
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all from sunny Duublin.
          Yes, after all the rain this week we are promised a sunny day,
          I am going to take the opportunity to launder some bedding

Snadge, good to see you back and glad you had a good growing season.

Snoop enjoy your evening dining out, nice when someone else cooks for you.

Lottie, hope your festival is rescheduled, I cant see why it cant go ahead.

Have a good dsy all and catch you all later.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all ( well, it is afternoon here!)

Just having a break from being Mrs Mop - Not many more change overs to do now until we reopen briefly in November.
            Next one is tomorrow and I’m hoping it’ll be an easy one as there is a massive fair being held 5 minutes away tomorrow. 5-6,000 visitors at the last one pre Covid. I usually have a stall there but bowed out this time. Far too busy to prepare for it unfortunately.
            Just hope the rain holds off for them . I’ll bob along for a quick tour if I can. There is a guy who makes the most amazing flowers out of steel…I may just treat myself to another one if he’s there.

Yesterday was an amazing day weather wise. Don’t think I’ve seen so many rainbows in one day!
            Enjoy your weekend peeps…

Comment

• I’ve not ever met the queen but I have met both Charles and Camilla, but not together. I had a fairly prestigious job for an American company but was married to a farmer. My weekends were spent cleaning the house. Paying for someone to do it it was regarded as me being lazy. Anyway, there I was one Saturday morning scrubbing the kitchen when these two men walk in. They didn’t knock. I found out later that one was Lord Oaksey, the other one was immediately recognisable as Prince Charles. Anyway, their mission was to thank people who’d let their hunt cross their land. To be quite honest we had no choice as part of the farm was rented. Anyway, there was no choice and they decided to leave a half case of white wine as a thankyou. I would rather they’d left the Teachers whisky as the wine wasn’t very nice. Charles was very ordinary and lovely.

So, Camilla. She lived in one of the staff flats at Bowood House whilst her divorce was going through. This was next door to my partners ex wife’s flat. She was the housekeeper there. She was also friendly and a nice person.

S
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Lottie I was watching the news earlier and noted there were several community activities taking place, as well a rugby and cricket so a bit of thought from the organisers of your event could see it taking place and the community paying their respects
                Last edited by rary; 10-09-2022, 07:53 PM.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I met the Prince of Wales - as he was back then- back in 1979 when he opened a rehab assessment unit at Stanmore Royal Orthopaedic Hospital.
                  I was really surprised at his height - only a couple of inches taller than me.
                  Last edited by Nicos; 10-09-2022, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Agreed Rary…it does seem a bit extreme. I would have thought that the organisers could sell a piece of black ribbon and a safety pin for say a 50p or £1 donation at the gate for people who wanted to show their respects , with the proceeds going to a charity the Queen supported.
                    I’m thinking the organisers have missed a great opportunity there.
                    Last edited by Nicos; 10-09-2022, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Oh dear…
                      I just goooogled King Charles ( to check his actual height) and the links came up for King Charles Spaniels .
                      I wonder how long that name is going to want to trip off my tongue

Comment

• Good evening, it was quite a nice day here today with the sun out no wind blowing, I decided to trim a couple of bushes in the front garden, one being an acer and the other, I think, is called Osmanthus, very very prickly, was trimming with grass shears, but decided to go up to my sons to "borrow" my electric hedge trimmer back, back home and it lasted 5 minits before breaking down, don't know what is wrong with it but will check it out tomorrow, so back to hand trimming again filled a wheely bin with the jaggy stuff and a wheel barrow with the acer material that is now on a veg bed mixed with the grass cuttings as I decided to get that done as well cut free of charge when the sun is out​​​​​​, after that I washed the car, wouldn't have bothered with that but OH wanted some housework done, I even washed the car windows which could be a problem for her tomorrow, she will think she is in someone else's car, as window cleaning is not a thing I do very often, OH has a thing about clean windows, not that I would deliberately leave mine just to annoy her​​​​​​, just looking out the window of the conse2 just now and it's a beautiful moon shining, so I will hand it to her there clean windows let you see things better . Well enjoy the remainder of the weekend and keep safe, and keep smiling, Goodnight
                        ​​​​​
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• evening,LD is chuckling away at at king spanial and Rarys windows,i used to keep the windows done regular,but not here,there is a lot of glass,conservatory front,and 3 patio doors,plus 3 other windows and some internal ones with smal panes,i suppose Rary,we could say we got designer net curtains,thanks for the smiles sweet dreams
                          Last edited by lottie dolly; 10-09-2022, 08:57 PM.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.
                            Quite foggy here today, much more like proper autumn.
                            Rary, I was thinking of getting an osmanthus as apparently they are scented, but you saying they are very prickly has put me off. I can't be doing with prickly, thorny, spiky plants any more. there are plenty of more user friendly ones.

Giggling about the King Charles Spaniels. I remember Charles saying once in an interview that Americans always addressed him as Prince, as in "Good morning Prince" . He said it always made him feel like an RAF guard dog.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin MHn’alln’all

Misty here too!

Mrs Mop day for me - also going to change some of the duvets over to the winter ones later.

Quick brew….help yourselves - there’s toast and homemade strawberry and elderflower jam if anyone wants to try it?

Comment

• Good morning all. We went to bed early last night therefore I've been awake since 5am.

The birthday present I ordered online on the 7th arrived yesterday, the 10th. When I ordered it said 3 to 5 days so I am impressed with a delivery for the first time this year. It even arrived in it's correct 2 hour time slot and I'd had a few emails. I was so pleased I even looked on their website to check out their prices and where I can send from locally. ...two filling stations within half a mile of where I live. I'll be giving them a go.

My sister went to the agricultural show yesterday and texted me to say that the grapes won first prize. All I can think is that there must have been some pitiful entries......or no others. I'm sure she'll tell me more later.

We got another storm on Friday night....with thunder and lightening too but have now eventually settled into general murkiness. Winter seems to be getting ever closer.

See you all later.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X