X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Dull and grey but dry and its 9 eggs.
    No idea what's on the cards for the day but looking after my grandson this evening.

That's z nice recipe Nicos, I used to bake a lot but stopped when I began to put on weight.
    I gave all my cake and bake tins to my grandaughter and she's a great baker.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

It did snow yesterday, but not much. Settled but most of it has thawed except on the cold side of the valley. Maybe the smiles were slow to start off today because they went to have a play. Either that or they were slow to get up. It's perishing cold here again. No snow today, so the weather folk claim, but maybe tomorrow. Again, not much. Mind you, after the last storm when they forecast 10 mm of rain and we got 291 mm, I don't have much faith in their ability to predict volume of precipitation.

Interesting about the soda bread. I got sent a recipe yesterday by a friend and was thinking of giving it a go today. Also, it contains half a pint of yogurt, so might suit your purposes, greenishfing. Here you go: 10 oz plain flour,10 oz SR wholemeal, 1 teasp bicarb soda & 1 teasp salt, 1 shake dried thyme. Mix together. 1/2 pint plain yoghurt & 1/2 pint of milk. Mix and gently bring together. 40 mins at 180 fan.

The usual indoor nonsense for me today. Can't wait for the weather to improve so I can be outdoors a bit more.

Have a great day, everyone.

Edited to add punctuation to recipe.
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 25-01-2023, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Had an early morning meeting with the management about my retirement so glad that's out of the way for now. All your talk of bread making is making my fingers itch to make some! It's dull and dreary here but a tad warmer. Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Thanks for the recipe Nicos I really will have to give it a go. Snoop the recipe you posted does look similar to soda bread, you'll have to let us know how it turns out.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, lovely and sunny but absolutely freezing and very windy. I’ve taken the chance and put laundry on the line, will see how that goes.
            Nothing much happening, which is the way I like it, long May it continue.
            Anyhoo, enjoy your day, hope it’s a good one. x
            sigpic

Comment

• Oh and had a wonderful day with 2 of my brothers and my niece, so good to have a long overdue in person catch-up!
              sigpic

Comment

• Still thick grey clouds here. I had my trip to the big Sainsbury's and got nearly everything I wanted such as bread flour, nice yoghurts for "moaning minnie", dates (for date and walnut loaves), butter on offer, blue cheese etc....even a bunch of daffs to cheer us up.

I've now got a yoghurt, cherry and almond loaf in the oven. I've no idea what it will be like but the batter tasted really nice raw.....so I am hopeful.

Snoop, a query on the soda bread. Is it chewy or soft textured and how long does it keep?
                Last edited by greenishfing; 25-01-2023, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Evening

We did our Grory hop this afternoon rather than tomorrow morning, it wasn’t as busy so I’m thinking this might be our regular day I’m future.

Glad your family visit went well Jay xx

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20230125_200638.jpg Views:	0 Size:	282.9 KB ID:	2556872
                    Mr GF's one word verdict on the cherry, almond and yoghurt loaf.....gorgeous. It looks a bit bashed as it slipped out of my hands as I took it out of the tin.
                    Last edited by greenishfing; 25-01-2023, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Ooo…yummy gf!
                      Any chance of the recipe please?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Ooo…yummy gf!
                        Any chance of the recipe please?
                        Easy Cherry Yogurt Cake Recipe - What the Redhead said
                        https://whattheredheadsaid.com/cherry-yogurt-cake/

Comment

• Thanks for the link GF I like the sound of the Rhubarb and yoghurt cake on that site.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Easy Cherry Yogurt Cake Recipe - What the Redhead said
                            https://whattheredheadsaid.com/cherry-yogurt-cake/
                            I did swoop 50g of the flour for ground almonds and changed the vanilla extract to almond which made it really almondy.

Comment

• Thanks gf * drools at all the other recipes on there too!
                              I’ve never made cake with yog in before so that’ll be interesting.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Thanks gf * drools at all the other recipes on there too!
                                I’ve never made cake with yog in before so that’ll be interesting.
                                Neither had I and I don't like eating yoghurt so I was very pleasantly surprised by both the taste and texture of the cake.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X