X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good night all.
    No new car here just two new hearing aids to get used to,

Rary, wishing you many happy years of driving in the future.

Nicos and GF, it's always good to have something to plan for.
    We are away on holidays in th

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I have visions of bramble falling asleep at her computer whilst typing ^^^^^^^
      Are you off on holiday today?….if so, have a lovely time .

We have another nice sunny but chill morning here. Trying to decide whether or not to go to market. Don’t need much but there is a big supermarket nearby so a grory hop could be done on the same outing. I guess we should

Not sure what else is on the books but it looks like we’re in for a few more days of rain so something in the garden would be a good call. I cut back quite a lot of lavender yesterday and there’s plenty more to do. Maybe I’ll do that. Can’t stand the smell of it though

So it’s ‘Shake a leg time’….see you later peeps - enjoy your day, I’m sure you will cos those smiles were giggling away as they flew overhead earlier!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Those smiles were probably giggling at seeing the rain. All we have here are grey clouds. The promise rain has evaporated before it even arrived. Nothing to speak of on the horizon for the next two weeks. Pah.

Have been out and watered all the plants, including the red peppers. Not sure why, though, as they look well and truly done for. Night time temps back up into the mid teens now. Pah and double pah.

Oh, and yesterday's bread came out like bricks. Pah, pah and triple pah.

Got the mechanic to visit later on this morning (couldn't go yesterday). Fingers crossed he's not got bad news as well.

Better get on with some work meanwhile to cheer me up!

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.

It's breezy, partly cloudy and 14°C. Supposedly an 85% chance of rain later ...... hmmm! Today ought to be a housework day.... unless I can find a good excuse. I'd like to start off some more preserved lemons too.

Snoop it sounds as if you've had one of "those" days. I hope things improve.

Comment

• Good morning, dull and wet here, just getting ready to head up to get our coffee, OH and take granddaughter up some lemsips she has caught the covid again and is feeling terrible. bramble I hope the hearing aids work well I can only use one, but it seems to have an auto mode, when OH mentions housework it seems to switch off and doesn't come back on till the subject is changed, I was thinking of changing it but don't really want to waste money so I will just have to live with it
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
              Good night all.
              No new car here just two new hearing aids to get used to,

Rary, wishing you many happy years of driving in the future.

Nicos and GF, it's always good to have something to plan for.
              We are away on holidays in th
              Nicos, no, I didnt fall asleep especially with the new hearing aids.
              Every sound was amplified so need to get used to that.
              No idea what happened to the end of the sentence.
              It was meant to say we are away on holidays in the next two weeks.
              I suspect it was gremlins.

Anyway, a very wet rainy morning here.
              A day of domestics is on the cards.
              Catch up later.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Back from market and a big grory hop so that should see us sorted for a long time

At market my impulse purchase was 20 pansies. All a decent size and looking very healthy. Looks like those will get planted out this afternoon. OH spotted two plaits of garlic for the kitchen too - so that should keep the vampires away

Snoop - you’ve had your triple pahs for today - hopefully all the pahs have been used up ? Fingers crossed they have.
                Bramble - can you turn the heating aids down or does that defeat the whole idea?…looks like Rary has worked something out…..

Brew time over…best crack in again…

Comment

• Afternoon

Grory hop this morning then baking in the afternoon, not much else happening apart from the rain.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Your rain Bren is due here tomorrow.
                    I got the pansies planted out and OH cut the lawns. I’ve also saved a pile of hollyhock seeds. I’ll send some to a seed swap which is going on whilst I’m away.

Comment

• Goodnight all.
                      Spent a good part of the day ironing, tidying and packing a few bags for the charity shops
                      Time for clear out of summer clothes.
                      Spent the evening making playdough images with my grandson.

Nicos, yes, I can adjust the volumn on the hearing aids, it's more about getting used to the sounds around me as my hearing had deteriorated.
                      Hopefully I will get used to them but I think it will take a while.
                      Anyway, onwards and upwards, it's not like I have many choices.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I did actually do some housework today, not the jobs I had planned doing, but jobs that needed doing. I also got a text from the NHS, asking me to book my next covid jab, so I've done that as well.

I think Mr GF has the same sort of hearing aids as Rary....the ones that automatically turn off when certain subjects are mentioned.

We did get the forecast rain this afternoon, not a lot but I have noticed that all the grass that was a sort of straw/white colour a few weeks ago is now a vibrant shade of green again.

Off to snuggle into freshly washed bedding now. Goodnight.

Comment

• Morning

A cool misty start to the day but promised sunshine later.
                          Some apple picking/processing then a stroll over to the corn merchant calling at the charity shop to drop of unwanted seeds not sure what else yet.

enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Glorious sunshine here this morning and forecast to to stay that way all day. Next job, hang out the washing. It's only 12°C at the moment but forecast to go up to 18°C later. An old friend of Mr GF is calling round this afternoon so I think I'll make a curry in the slow cooker for us all. Before that I really should do the jobs I didn't do yesterday.

Comment

• Good morning from a beautiful sunny Dublin.
                              Well what a contrast, the weather has done a complete turn around after a horrible day yesterday.
                              The laundry is out drying and I am off out for a walk in the park.
                              Hopefully some gardening this afternoon.
                              Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Cloudy and dull here.Late start to the morning and just trying to get motivated.
                                Domestics. Very much not in the mood for them but needs must.
                                Think I’ll get some apples on the go so the house smells more yummy. That always brings a cheery smile to my face.
                                Enjoy your walk bramble - is there anything there you particularly enjoy seeing like a chestnut tree changing colour and producing conkers? When my kids were young we’d always look out for conkers. Happy days.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X