X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franks very cute Flo
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• My camera skills don't do him justice Bren, but thank you, he is a bit of a poppet
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Frank the Fabulous is what he is.

Comment

• Lovely dog Flo, there are several dashunds in this area now, one is a rescue dog, five years old and had four litters, but what a character, when ever I walk past with the dogs she is out like a shot to protect her property, when I walk past without the dogs she is out like a shot to get her biscuits.
          Just a note to all the bakers, I pass on biscuits that I have, and if you were to send me your details I would share them with you
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

It's been raining and it feels quite mild out. I'm glad of the rain as I've been watering the pots in the garden, usually unheard of at this time of year. Everywhere is so unseasonally dry. The footpaths that most winters become a quagmire are still easily usable without wellies. In fact I've hardly worn wellies all winter.

Right, well, kettle's on for my first cuppa, and porridge today I think.

Frank looks cute, Flo

Have a good day all.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning mothhawk, morning all.

Got another busy day ahead today, but will try and get thing a bit more under control from tomorrow onwards. I've got the usual piles of work and Mr Snoop is picking up one of our rotavators from the mechanic and then it's MOT time for one of the cars. Fingers crossed. The smiles shot off sharpish as doubtless we will get in a bad mood with each other over who had all the car paperwork last. And it won't have been me!

Catch you all later. Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Good morning all.

Rain forecast today, and snow tonight (77%). We shall see. It's certainly on the chilly side. By 6am I'd tried several times to go back to sleep and failed so I slid out of bed to turn the heating up and waited 15 minutes for it to warm up. I remember thinking how lucky we are to have modern duvets, all the warmth without loads of weight (wool blankets). As a child bedding was so heavy. The first time I used a duvet was on a skiing trip in Austria in the 70's and on sunny days the chalet staff used to air them over the balconies.

I'm taking my brother-in-law to the eye hospital later today. I might just let him have a chunk of yesterday's Victoria sponge too. I have a feeling Mr GF won't part with it easily though, even to his own brother.

Frank looks cute. We haven't had a dog for years but for a long time we were the holiday home for all the extended family's dogs. We always returned them home with a postcard photo collage of their holiday just so their owners knew they'd had a good time.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all…and Welcome to the Vine Frank
                  Lovely to finally meet you!

Well done on posting the photo Flo!

I love the idea of the collage gf…lovely idea.

Oh I remember heavy blankets on the bed so well…I would kick them loose as they felt so claustrophobic…and then they’d slide off in the night.
                  Got to be grateful though - my mom shared a small double bed with her two sisters growing up - two at the top and one at the bottom, with coats on the top in winter for added warmth….Oh for the ‘roaring twenties’ and ‘swinging thirties’….very much not what the
                  majority of the population experienced eh?

Good luck with the MOT Snoop - hope it’s straightforward . Always a concern until you have the certificate in your hand.

Rary - I’d send you some bread , but apparently it’s forecast rain and the smiles didn’t fancy being hassled by passing birds….sorry.

MH…we’ve hardly had any rain either but we are due for daily rain/ maybe snow for the next two weeks.

Now then..porridge?…mmm..that sounds lovely! Thank you xx

Enjoy the day peeps…
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	119AA499-4DC3-417E-80F7-D4D768649528.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	755.9 KB
ID:	2558949 Click image for larger version

Name:	667480AE-E977-468B-963C-938798B4A90D.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	809.0 KB
ID:	2558950 Click image for larger version

Name:	9BB6ABC8-1448-4E32-852D-907BBDD21DB2.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	896.4 KB
ID:	2558951 Just for rary!…OH managed to find some Canadian flour and they’ve come out better than using French flour….

Comment

• So…what would you all do with those?…..salty butter for sure , probably with some of gf’s blackberry jelly. Unless someone has any spare homemade lemon curd they can spare?….mmm…very much fancying either of those!

Comment

• Those look fantastic, Nicos. Congrats to Mr Nicos. No dieting today, then. I won't if you won't...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          So…what would you all do with those?…..salty butter for sure , probably with some of gf’s blackberry jelly. Unless someone has any spare homemade lemon curd they can spare?….mmm…very much fancying either of those!
                          Spread with lots of butter and served with homemade soup😋😋😋😋

Comment

• Good Morning All
                            I've got home made lemon curd so help yourselves.
                            The "speciality" daffs are dead, so not very special when they lasted only three days! Luckily my middle GG brought me tulips on Saturday and they're still in bud.
                            Cold and spotting with rain here, better than sner.
                            Hoovering upstairs today when Himself gets out of bed.
                            Have a good day All
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Nicos, a big wedge of cheddar cheese on that lovely bread.
                              Is Mr Nicos a chef.

Good morning all, slightly dull and 7 degs.
                              I need to take a trip into town this morning.
                              Then a call into the post office for stamps
                              Domestics for the afternoon but I am finished ironing.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning, to you all, its dry and cold just now but with quite a covering of cloud, which are getting lower so expect rain or whatever shortly, one of my neighbours has been stripping out his bathroom and has offered me the wood it was lined with, he said it might keep me going with firewood for a time, but it's varnished toung and groove which I could use to line the inside of some of the hut, not sure whither to put it on to the roof or the back wall of the hut, looking for some of your thoughts on what you think would be the best, the back wall faces north and the roof is flat slopping north, so please let me know, heading out to the greenhouse for a time as I have all my housework done and have also been up the town, the postman has also been and no cake delivery, so that's one of my hopes shattered for the day, so enjoy your day and keep warm, but don't forget to pass on some smiles
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X