• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat your crusts, they'll make your hair curl
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

I am shattered. "Somebody" woke me up twice in the night and I couldn't get back to sleep the second time. I had set the alarm on my phone for this morning and really didn't want to get up when it rang.

We've got to be at the podiatrist in the next town for Mr GF's appointment at 9.10. I think he's got a corn. This is not a time I'd choose to go due to all the school traffic but it was the only available appointment this week.

At lunchtime we've both got hairdresser's appointments. Mr GF must have eaten ALL his crusts as a child, Flo, as he still has curly hair. He is not yet back to "his normal", but far, far better than he was two days ago when he went to the doctor's.

Time, I think, for a second mug of coffee........

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Just a quick bob in for today.
        Love the old sayings. That was one of my granny’s favourites Flo …and it sort of worked
        Carrots to see in the dark, Square eyes from watching too much TV. Don’t pull faces - it might stick like that.Don’t bite off more than you can chew.Curiosity killed the cat ( thank goodness for goooogle eh?)

Enjoy your day peeps - will bob in when I can.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• You're face will stick if the wind changes.
          What a strange expression that is. I remember the first time I heard it, I had no idea what it meant. Stick to what? That was in a school playground. The second time was my grandmother saying it to me when I was making a face at my brother. Then it became obvious!

Anyway, morning all.

Another cold start to the day. The stonework of the building is starting to get very cold now. Doesn't take long for the bedroom to get chilly once the fire goes out. Probably about 8 ºC in there at the moment. Hard weather makes hardy folk according to one of the locals. Fingers crossed he's right.

Trudged up the hill to see the comet at 1 am last night. What a failed mission that was. I think the moon might be too bright. Can barely see any stars let alone a blurry comet. Mars was shining bright though. Perhaps I need a telescope, but I can't see me hauling that up the hill even if I had one.

Busyish day ahead. Minor domestics but really need to get my head down to work.

The smiles set off late again, I think they were hoping that I'd light the fire in the bedroom this morning before they headed out.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first calling at at the corn merchant for yeast/flour I'm running low on bread cobs.
            Not to sure after that probably house and garden things to catch up on depending on the weather..

Enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold and drizzling here. I'm waiting for delivery of grory hop. My mission today is for eldest GG. She wants 15 vegan muffins for a Baby Shower in a couple of weeks - that'll be a challenge for me
              Have a good day All

Comment

• Morning all.
                Did my grory hop yesterday, so a trip to the library and the recycling tip is on the cards today. The weather looks pleasant for a February day. Not at all looking to be the February fill-dyke as my grandparents used to say. The seasons are moving on, aren't they?
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morni g all.
                  Dull and grey but very breezy,

There are so many old sayings but all dying out now.
                  My memory of my mother sayi g to me...
                  Stop looking behind you, you'll turn into a pillar of salt .
                  Seemingly Lotts wife turned into pillar of salt,

Anyway , just some errands and domestics here,
                  A bit of work in the garden later.
                  Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Flax seed? Do I really need flax seed? I think I'm going to need some help with this! It looks like I'd be better off making a tray bake of some kind. I'm thinking brownies.

Comment

• Flo I think a tray bake might be the way to go. I’ve found a couple of sites.
                      Hope this helps.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/gu...er-vegan-bakes

https://bakedbyclo.com/17-vegan-tray...ssert-recipes/

Comment

• Thanks Bren

Comment

• They look good, Bren. I'll bookmark those pages for when we have vegan friends visiting. I often make cakes with oil rather than butter, but the idea of muffins with no eggs is a bit beyond me. I always revert to fruit in those situations, but not easy to take to baby shower.

Good luck, Flo.

Comment

• Both those sites have good recipes, I do like tray bakes they’re less fiddly than individual buns.

Comment

• Good evening, so Flo, is that you going for early retirement, I am sure you will enjoy it, and once you are into it and the family want you to do this and that, you will wonder how you had time to work​​​​​​
                              A fire in the bedroom Snoop, when we were first married, our flat had a fire in the bedroom, it was great to have, of course this was at a time when TVs weren't a top priority, and you could listen to the wireless just as easy in the bedroom OH was moaning just the other day because I don't have the heating on in the bedroom, if there was a fireplace in there it would be on constantly, on another subject, have you tried pouring warm water round your leeks to soften the ground, just don't have it too hot are it will partially cook the leek, GF I remember when I first started work at the furnaces, I got chilblains due to hands always going into freezing water and nothing to dry them with, I was almost in tears with the pain, the one of the older men told me how to cure them, his remedy worked and I ever got them again, right going to have a read of a book, so take care and behave yourselves, remember to pass on smiles. Goodnight
                              ​​​​​
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening. All this talk of fires in the bedroom. How romantic.....until it's time to clean out the ashes. I'd still like one though.

Rary, I never actually got chilblains but I'm pretty sure I know the cure you're referring to. How delightful!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X