Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​​​​​. Evening, not done much since my last post, lots of reading, had dinner then prepared tomorrow's meal ready to go in the slow cooker in the morning.
    Its still raining

​​​​​​Edited.
    They used to say to test a new oven by baking a sponge cake or Yorkshire pud. Can't remember who 'they' were though, probably my Gran.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 03-12-2022, 07:45 PM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Late evening peeps,came in here earlier on,and got distracted,then went completly out my head,it was my choirs christmas concert tonight,i was a bit nervouse,and floaty headed as my mind was else where ho ho hum,son came said he is proud of me being so happy and enjoying life again,is amazing how a special someone can change a life,hope your all well,GFwhat good news about your new cooker,makes all the difference lass,and i would go with Bren's idea,as it will test the high heat and a lower one,at least i stoped asleep in the bed all night,first time in weeks,not tired yet,an still running on adrenalin,so will no doubt be up late tomorrow,good night to whom ever is about
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 03-12-2022, 10:16 PM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I’m here lottie and so glad you had a good sleep and a good time with your choir!!
        Have a good night, hope you manage to sleep tonight too! x
        sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sweet dreams lottie - you really do deserve to be happy lass xx That put a massive grin on my face.

Woke up early hearing OH getting the fires going. We both slept through so they were both almost out.
          Theres an XmasFair on today - one which I usually do , so I might just nip along to say hi to everyone and no doubt buy a few things from them.
          Hoping to get more of my decorations up today but it’s going to be a mammoth cleaning task in the kitchen first - it looks like a bag of flour has exploded At least the tiles are looking clean and new again. OH’s done a lovely job in there.

Right…first things first….brew time!…anyone fancy one?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning. I awoke for some unknown reason at 4.30 AM and could not get back to sleep. I've spent most of the early hours trying to remember recipes. At on point I grabbed my phone to see what time it was and had a look at the weather forecast. Rain for today and tomorrow, then a couple of sun/cloud days and then.......the dreaded white stuff supposedly ....and very cold. If I could stay asleep I'd practise hibernating until Spring.

I think I'll make a cake this morning.......Maybe just half a cake. Probably a "Delia All in one sponge." Quick, easy and Mr GF loves it.

Time for more coffee now.

Comment

• Morning

Raining here again so the gardens rather soggy, I just need to nip out for some kale for this evening hopefully it will stop at some point.

Enjoy the fair Nicos going round one of those hits home just how close Christmas is.

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm up for another brew, Nicos. Saves me telling Mr Snoop to get on the case... Poor Mr Snoop.

Good luck with the cake, GF. I've a hankering to make a cake today, but can't really justify it after the madeleines. Anyway, baking a cake would only be to compensate for the miserable weather. Foggy, damp and extremely cold.

Enjoy the fair, Nicos. We're off to ours this afternoon. Better wrap up warm. Mr Snoop likes taking pictures at these events. Once I've done the rounds and bought some olive oil, I can see me taking refuge in a bar.

Glad things are going well, LD.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all,very winter like out there,and so cold,i had ideas about clearing up some mess outside,but not yet,it was a shock,after the heat of the summer,ahhhhhh cake,i have to get into better habits,Nicos it sounds like my place when am baking,cannot be helped,when doing pastry it includes the floor as well,as the rolling pushes the flour of the work top,but the taste of what you make is mostly worth the mess,enjoy the fair ladies,i cannot believe how life is turning round,it all feels so surreal,and so-so right,like, been here before,he is the same,so far for keeps,think i might have a sleep in a bit,feel tired,and so relaxed,also had another good sleep,have lovely afternoon all,my happiness is zooming around with snoopes smiles,gosh,am droping of trying to type,see you laters
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Having a nice day so far, bumbling around in the kitchen. Stew is in the slow cooker, the Yorkshire pudding batter is in the fridge and the half cake.........
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20221204_114538.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	2554809 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221204_114438.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	2554810
                    We'll be having a small slice each with a blob of whipped cream and a cuppa shortly.

I think I'll be happy with this cooker.

Comment

• Cake looks good GF

Comment

• wow it has risen nicely,what a good feeling for you,yorkshire next,well not long woke up in my chair after a good long sleep,i recon i could still have more,i just feel so chilled out and relaxed for a change,

Comment

• The Yorkshire pud was good too. This was just before I took it out of the oven.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20221204_191330.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	558.2 KB
ID:	2554817
                          Mr GF says we are going to get fatter!

Comment

• That all looks wonderful gf …yum!
                            OH had decided on beef casserole for us yesterday but with all this talk about cake and Yorkshire pud , I just couldn’t resist making a Yorkshire pudding for us too
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Thats an impressing looking pud GF, Tell MrGF you have to experiment with the new oven what you baking next

Comment

• Good morning. It's cold and wet underfoot here but not actually raining.

I must drop some prescription requests off at the doctor's surgery this morning and get some dried fruit while I'm out. I've got sultanas and glacé cherries, but no currants or raisins for Christmas cake. They didn't have any in A**i when I went shopping last week. This will more than likely be my next test for the cooker. Over the years we've adapted the old recipe to suit us, a few ounces less dried fruit and extra glacé cherries. Mr GF always used to fancy the ones with the fruit on top in Costco until they were giving free samples away one Chtistmas......he changed his mind then. Another year he talked me into trying a Nigella recipe he'd seen her make on TV..... the birds eventually enjoyed it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X