This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon

In between the showers I got a fair bit done in the garden, lettuce and the remaining courgettes look better for it. Sorted out the GH a bit as well.
    One of my compost bins had lots of worms underneath the lid had to replace the lid quick before the robin spotted them.

Have a good evening.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all.

What a strange day. I've hardly done anything and it's over. Did a mini grory hop mid-morning, an afternoon eyelid inspection and then a small amount of watering. And it's already heading towards bedtime. I hope the smiles did their usual rounds and you all had nice days.

Catch you all tomorrow.

Comment

• Me again... Morning all.

Got early to get a head start on the day. Fingers crossed I get more done today than yesterday. Plenty to be doing: paid work, gardening and a bit of baking.

Very chilly this morning. No frost but not far off by the feel of things. Got the range going and looks like it'll be a hot breakfast today (beans on toast - unbelievably, we found Heinz beans in a small supermarket, must be more Brits living locally than we realised) after Mr Snoop has walked the dogs.

The smiles were waiting for sun-up and have only just left. Quite a lot of giggling going on and it sounded to me like you were going to be first stop, LD.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning Snoop and all.
          It's chilly here too. I must pick the last of the runner beans today and bring in the green tomatoes to ripen on the windowsill. I may try out a recipe I discovered on t'interweb yesterday, for Cream Cheese Cookies. They looked rather delicious. Would be a good crimbo bake but I suspect are not keepers, as they looked very soft - definitely "cookies" as opposed to biscuits. The follow-up video was for zeppole, which I've never heard of, but also looked delicious. Diet? What diet?
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

It was a warm 9.9c in my GH overnight a bit change from earlier in the week when it was 6c. We had rain earlier but now the suns out and so is the laundry looks like being a good drying day.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morni g all.
              The sun is out and so is the laundry.
              Off to the church shortly and then need to check out the toy stores.
              We are looking for a Christmas for our grandson,
              Grandson will be coming for lunch later.

Snoop, the smiles have just come by, I could hear them chattering and laughing.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, cool but dry, just as I thought OH didn't like the idea of keeping warm, the way I wanted, she said, "covering herself with a blanket, was far better", still, I do think you get more heat from running on the spot, rather than wrapping yourself in a blanket just back in from church and about to make lunch, don't know what I will do this afternoon, possibly tidy up the back hedge, I will just pile up the trimmings and shredd them on the next sunny day, whatever you are doing keep safe, keep warm and smile
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon all,a bit chilly,it is a shock after the very hot times of the past months,Thankyou Snoop,i will send them on their way when they have refreshed,is nice you getting use of the range Snoop,i remember when i just married,mother inlaw had a coal/coke one,she did some lovely baking in it,things did taste different,same as cooking with calor when on holidays,remember Bgood2yourselves
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon, a lovely sunny day today. Thanks for the good wishes for the OH, much appreciated.
                    My intention today was to do an ironing…I’ve looked at it, thought about it and that’s as far as it’s gone.
                    Hope you are all having a lovely day. Catch you later. x
                    sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

I'm sitting here queueing to get my covid booster. They seem to have got a bit behind but not really a problem.

...... home now. I'm boosted! It was very organised, even with parking marshals, just slow compared to when I got the flu jab last week, but it was at a different place. It has been a pleasant mostly sunny day here, no jumper needed but we're back to single figures tonight.

Comment

• Good evening all.

The lovely sunny day deteriorated this afternoon and it turned very dull.
                        We went shopping and bought our grandson his first bike with stabilisers.
                        That's the main one on our list as the rest of the grandchildren are all teenagers now.
                        Spent a few hours with No 1grandson who came for lunch.
                        Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening, the sun stayed out all day Some gardening then we visited our daughter and family.
                          So a good day

Comment

• Morning all.

Cool enough outside for Mr Snoop to light the range again this morning. A bit of hazy autumnal cloud out there now but daytime temps in the top 20s forecast for later on. Dogs and ageing cat really enjoying the warmth in the kitchen at the moment, though.

Absolutely masses to do today again, but another great weekend.

Enjoy the smiles and have a great day.

Comment

• A cool but sunny morning here so far. I've got no after effects from the covid booster, touch wood. I'm taking Mr GF for a blood test this morning..... we'll end up like pincushions the rate we're going.

While I'm taking Mr GF to the doctor's surgery I think I'll call at the shop next door as they have got the coffee I like on offer.

See you all later

Comment

• Morning

Its cool and sunny here as well, jumper weather so good for the time of year.
                                Picked another cucumber this morning not sure if the night time temps will be warm enough for the last 4 to grow cucs are difficult to wrap in fleece but will give it a go.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X