X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really sorry to read your post, rary. Big hug from me. x

Comment

• evening who ever is still up,sorry to here about your sister Rary, thinking of you as well,Bramble what nice news, We pray for it to Continue,well i managed to get 4rows of different carrots,and 2of parsnips,tomorrow is another day,so that has used up the best I had date wise,the marigolds are showing,it must be snoops smiles ,bed time now so good night all
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 20-04-2022, 09:50 PM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Been trying to alter my last post,but it will not work,just want to say,Rary the smiles are with you,were they not born at yours,just like the salmon aye
        Last edited by lottie dolly; 20-04-2022, 09:59 PM.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop this morning then a mix of gardening and house stuff for the rest of the day.

Thinking of you and your family Rary xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Just off to market to hopefully buy some point of lay chooks….fingers crossed the lady is there.

Enjoy your day peeps - looks like we’re in for another sunny day.

For all of those in need of hugs,nI’ve sent a collection off with the smiles as they passed by. X

see ya later peeps
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hugs from me to Rary.

Bramble, I'm glad your sister is improving.

It's a bright, sunny morning this morning; A proper Spring day. I had jobs lined up for today but managed to do them all yesterday so today can be a gardenning day.

I also planted lots more seeds yesterday, sweetcorn, squash and courgettes. I am hoping that the replacement tomato seeds that I planted last Saturday poke their heads up in the next couple of days. The sunflowers and sweet peas that I planted at the same time are already appearing.

Comment

• Glad to hear your news, Bramble. Hope your sister continues to improve.

Thinking of you, Rary.

Comment

• Good news, there is now visiting again in the elderly relatives care home so we have booked a visit for Saturday morning.

Comment

• Morning everyone, haven’t been on for a while. I’ll keep a very long story short. My OH was taken to hospital 2 weeks ago suffering from sepsis. He is getting a little better but unfortunately it has damaged his heart so he needs a valve repair operation.
                    What I wanted to say was this was caused, they reckon, by an infection getting into his bloodstream via his skin…a small cut or scratch!!!
                    Please, please wear gloves when you are gardening folks…I’m sounding dramatic but it was.
                    Take care of yourselves. Will be able to pop in now that he is a bit better for a catch up!
                    Hope you are all well!! x

Just had a quick look at GF’s post…no visiting at his hospital either. It’s been a terrible time but now he is a bit better we can FaceTime!!
                    Last edited by Jay22; 21-04-2022, 08:58 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Well, 80 mm/litres per square metre yesterday. The ground is now absolutely saturated and can't absorb more, so it's starting to run off down our assorted drainage channels. 20 more forecast today. At the moment, it's dry, so I've taken all my seedlings out for a bit of daylight and fresh air. My recently sown brassicas and lettuce are really pale and spindly. Certainly the lettuce are hopeless, but things could be worse. The sweetcorn and melons have also germinated and are looking very pale, but at least they're not likely to keel over at the first puff of wind or drop of rain.

Glad you spotted the smiles, Nicos. They left early today during a dry spell. And yes, LD, you're right: they were Rary's to start with. They got left at the Gardener's Rest, perhaps in readiness for next year and to keep the fairy and the others company. But they were making such a ruckus for attention that I retrieved them and brought them home here.

On the cards for today, work. It's much too wet underfoot to be thinking of doing anything outdoors. The strimmer has arrived. GF, how do you manage yours? It's considerably longer than I am tall...

Have a great day everyone and big hugs to everyone that needs or fancies one.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 21-04-2022, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Jay22, that's shocking news. Hope he makes a good recovery. Best wishes to you and your OH.

Comment

• Thank you Snoop, it’s going to be a very long road to recovery but we are here for him. Time for me to give back to him what he has given to me over the past couple of years!! xx
                          sigpic

Comment

• So glad to read your news bramble. x

Sorry to read about your sister rary, you are in my thoughts. x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Snoop, my battery strimmer/trimmer is a baby compared to yours. I bought it particularly because I can lift it easily with two fingers. It is only waist high.

Comment

• Jay22 I hope things continue to improve.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X