This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Bright blue but a bit chilly. Still no need to water, but if I get a bit of time off later, I'll try and tie up the toms again this evening. Much as I think I water generously, there's nothing like a massive downpour to get everything growing, especially as I'd given the plot a bit of a feed a few days back. My red pepper plants are looking amazing and now I'm wishing I'd put in stakes for them. The weight of peppers is going to be too much for them in a wind. I'll try and do it this weekend, but will undoubtedly damage some roots. I didn't think about it at the time and more fool me.

Insisted Mr Snoop do a once around with me yesterday. He was amazed at the melons. I made a rookie error this year - didn't stick in any stakes to indicate where the plants are rooted. Ditto the squashes. Identifying where to water is becoming a bit of a problem. I really must think more about staking next year.

On the cards today: another mad paid work day. I keep telling all the seedlings it's only another few days and then they'll be in their permanent homes. Trouble is it's been a few days for quite a few days now...

The smiles are milling around, admiring the dew, but they're obviously gathering for the off. Should be with you soon.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Another sunny day here only downside is the gardens so dry.

Snoop instead of a stick you could put a plant/yoghurt pot or maybe a bottle next to root ball think I read that here on the vine, then water into that.

No real plans today just lots of little things that need doing at some point.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• That's a good idea, Bren. Or maybe a brightly painted stone next to the main stem so I know roughly where to water. Just needed to think differently, thanks.

I've just been out to tie up a few toms and counted the melons again. I can't help it, sorry. It's a bumper crop this year and the Emir are bigger than I remember them typically being. They're being grown no-dig.

On the downside, the sweetcorn is a very mixed bag. Poor pollination by the look of it. Damaun, not F1. Perhaps weather-related but only one cob looks to be filling out properly. Maybe a mistake not to get F1 sweetcorn? Will try something else next year.

Comment

• Good morning all, dull but warm here.
          No plans for the day but I am sure I will find lots to do.
          First, a trip to the library.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Hopefully things are settling down here again. Mr GF is slowly getting back to "normal" I think, but I have made a non-urgent appointment for him with the doctor for next week.

When I get a bit cooler day I will be taking his brother to look at invalid scooters. He's not sure what he wants at all so I told him the best thing he can do is test drive a few. Any personal recommendations or obvious questions he might not think of to ask much appreciated.

It is hot here today and forecast to get hotter, I'll be trying to keep cool.

Comment

• after noon all,it is warm out there,had my eye test,one is very cloudy,so is going to refere me,no wonder i am realy strugling to thread the machine needle ,i got a lot of sewing to do as well,a project for Sepember ,just had a snooze,so a drink and crack on
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning.

Bit surprised to be the first here. Hope you're all doing well.

Tied up half the toms and watered half the plot. And now I'm going to try and settle to some paid work. The smiles came and joined me while I was tying up the toms, but could see it was frustrating work as some of the plants have put out loads of side shoots, so they decided to head off. Should be with you already.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• HELLO hello hello,sounds like an echo chamber.HI Snoop,they been abducted by the good weather again,very unsusual though,them smiles have been around my sewing room ,just having a brake then back to work,ideas are coming out my head now,so need to them into practice,enjoy rest of the day whom ever looks in
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

And I’m baaack!

Had a great time thanks - just the job.

I think I had a senior moment when I said I hadn’t been on a campsite since I was a nipper.
                    We took our children camping and OH and I travelled throughout Europe as students camping all over the place.
                    I think I meant not being in a tent on a campsite! My parents had a teeny weeny caravan- 10 or 12 foot long for the four of us

When we got back I felt motivated into making a couple of quiches and an orange sponge tray bake seeing as we had nearly 5 dozen eggs
                    Might bake a bit more today and pop them in the freezer. Looks like the weather is hotting up considerably for us all over the next few days- so preferably baking now rather than later in the week!

I best go and check on my black currants. Hopefully the birds won’t have eaten them all whilst we were away!

Kettle’s on - help yourselves. ( there’s orange cake too if anyone fancies a chunk?)
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Cake... I'd love some.

In fact, it's been absolutely ages since I baked bread or made a cake. I might even make some hot crossless buns this weekend now that you've inspired me. That would make me popular.

Comment

• Good afternoon. Popped in earlier and there was nobody here so went out to the farmers market,
                        A long walk but it was worth it.
                        A few hours in the garden after lunch,
                        Enjoy the sunshine, we are just warm and overcast again.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

Welcome back Nicos.

Not much gardening today just harvesting and watering my GH toms just now its the best part of the day to be sat outdoors.

enjoy your evening.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I did another baking sesh today as it was too hot to be outside and the house was lovely and cool.
                            Bean and tuna quiche for tomorrow ( using filo pastry)
                            And a lemon pudding - That’ll save cooking tomorrow.

I did sit out for half an hour or so but the cows were in the field not far from us and the darned horseflies were a right nuisance . I’ve got some nasty bites which need not to be scratched now
                            I’ve actually stuck pieces of micropore over them so as not to scratch the top off them in my sleep

sleep tight peeps - see you tomorrow!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Blue skies and sunshine. Is it the same for everyone?

Watermelon for breakfast …cereal for those who prefer something else.

No plans so far for today- maybe a few domestics. What’s everyone else up to?

Kettle’s on. * tiptoes away from the distance sounds of snoring…..

Comment

• Morning all,yes Nicos we have the same sky as you,also leave me out the snoring this morning,as was awake at 5,45 am silly oclock,am beingpicked up by granddaughter in a bit we going to a boot sale,so better get me self smartened up,have a lovely day all,and stay safe in the heat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X