This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    Dry but really damp here - can’t see much chance of the grass being cut yet.
    Off for a grory hop later but first a brew then a bit more official paperwork.

Originally posted by bramble View Post
    Container garden, the grory hop was my typing error. . 😃
    And thank goodness you did!…it’s made our worlds richer for the shared chuckle each time we head off to the shops!
    Sorry to hear about your daughter’s job loss. Not easy times at all.

I’m coming back as a cat, a ready neutered female cat!

Enjoy your day peeps. I’ve just realised….it’s a leap year day tomorrow
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Nicos
      Cool here but more rain forecast. Who has the sun today then?
      Yes our grass needs cut but it is still saturated yet. Could do with a heatwave
      Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin CG

Well, it’s started drizzling here so no chance of any gardening So, nope, no sun here! You still hogging it Bramble?

I forgot to mention that when I woke up very early I was listening to a tawny owl hooting its little head off. I wonder if it’s calling for a mate? The tap dancing woodpigeons are back again this year…flirting away jumping up and down on the roof and cooing to each other
        The tree they nested in last year lost a big branch over the winter so I guess they’ll be looking for somewhere new.

Comment

• Morning

No sunshine here CG its dull and damp with rain due soon. Grory hop at some point today we just need to write a menu and shopping list.

Enjoy your day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning,wet here as well, bramble I have the same with my son though he packed his job in, and is now looking for a job, which just now is not the best time,however things will always get better😉 now going to get the dogs an take them for a walk, Rosie the younger dog is having a wee bit of a problem as now being left in the house without anyone being in SiL now goes to his work rather than working from home, however she will adjust,have a good day and smile
            ​​​​​​
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning all.

The usual grey murk here.

Rary, where do you get your optimism and energy from? I think you must also have access to the fountain of youth, judging from some of your posts.

I am struggling to think what we're having for our evening meal today, despite having done the grory hop yesterday.

Off to make Mr GF some buns now, so that he'll have some for elevenses.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 28-02-2024, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and damp here too. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Ditto on the weather, Flo, but who cares? It's almost March!! Does anyone make Welsh recipes for St David's Day? I have Mikey's recipe for Welsh cakes that I've never tried, and think I'll give it a go this week. Wonder what he's up to these days, it's been nearly 4 years since his last post....

My grass is getting long too, but I have the perfect excuse for not cutting it, there are crocus flowering in it.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                    Rary, where do you get your optimism and energy from? I think you must also have access to the fountain of youth, judging from some of your posts..
                    Gf life would be dull if you just sit and reflect on what you should have tried or done, and everyone can find something to smile about, as for the energy, if I am just sitting about with nothing to do I would get a duster pushed into my hands and asked to dust, wipe, wash some area of the house☹️ I made a big mistake today, while having a bite to eat I was asked what I was doing today, not really payingattention I said, nothing will just take the dogs a wee walk before taking them home, so was asked, do you think you could give that shower screen a wash down🥴 I finished up having to strip it right down to get it clean, so lesson learned, pay attention to what I am being asked now going to take the dogs a walk and return them to their house, enjoy the remainder of the day, and remember housework is for housewives, not hard working husbands
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Just realised that Snoop was missing and went back to check to see what I had missed, now trying to work out what she meant with the , yes good not the no good, especially you rary🤔 I am at a complete loss with that🙄

Comment

• Evening
                        The day started not so bad weatherwise, even got a better walk of 6miles , wasn't too cold and the rain didn't appear so I pottered off to the gh sowiing seeds with the radio on and was there hours (until I got cold), the weather did turn into a damp squib though.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and damp but a bit warmer. Waiting for Frank to arrive. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning FF
                            Have fun with Frank

Dull and damp here too. Will walk shortly.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Really chill winds here but , yet again, a bit of blue sky so the sun is peeking out now and then just for a short time, but I’ve noticed the heat in the sunshine is getting warmer
                              Off to market in a sec but ai just apwanted to say hi and have a great day.

Comment

• Good morning, dull and cold today, had to take my grandson to his work this morning so up earlier than usual, hadn't a good sleep last night for some reason, though I do have a bit of a sore back, I twisted it a few weeks ago and it taking its time to clear up, but evidently I must have turned onto my back when sleeping and OH wakened me because I was snoring, well I think that's what she said as all I heard was "snoring" at first I thought she meant someone was snoring so I lay awake listening but couldn't hear anything, so eventually I began to realise she possibly meant me, yet I have never heard myself snoring, I admit I sometimes breathe heavily but she hasn't heard my heavy breathing for a while I think it's just her imagination ​​​​​​
                                Going back to see if he physio today as I am still getting pins and needles in my hands, I actually have them just now while I am typing this, but more importantly my finger tips feel numb so want to see if that can be cleared up, I was given three months to see if things improved so it's a matter of "cutting a stick" if I wait the three months I would have to start again and go through the waiting period before seeing a physio and then go onto a waiting list for further treatment, I don't complain much (I'm a married man I'm not allowed to complain 😩) but this is getting most annoying, so want to find out if it can be rectified, well with that moan of my chest I wish you all a good day whatever the weather, and make a special effort to make someone 😊😊😊
                                ​​

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X