X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Its sunny and cloudy here but its dry.
    All the plants are watered and the laundry is out and drying.

Nicos, I bet you are super excited to have your little grandaughter visiting.
    Have a great time with her and enjoy every minute,

I our world we are attending the funeral of an extended family friend this afternoon.
    A sad occasion that was unexpected.

Snoop, I am intrigued to hear about your bonkers idea.

Have a good all whatever you're up to,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
      My Grory hop delivery this morning and the item unavailable is a brand of butter and, can you believe it, they couldn't find a substitute?
      That reminds me of the early days of home delivery my friend ordered a sliced loaf and they substituted it with a Battenberg cake
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just a quick pop in as we’re waiting for the plane to land..

I’m guessing a pizza oven or an outdoor oven/ bbq under some form of shelter/ shade ?…. that’s not bonkers- that’s an essential

Any other guesses on Snoop’s ‘bonkers’ idea?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Snoop's Bakery?
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Sleep in a hammock under the stars in these hot nights...😃

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon.

Today is the first dry (so far) day since St Swithin's day. My third load of washing is now drying as the rain is due to return at the weekend.

Comment

• I had to wash Monday's load again this morning Thank goodness it's been sunny enough to get it all dry today. I've just been deadheading and weeding with Frank barking at anything that moved. I'm sure he thinks he's a Doberman
                Last edited by Florence Fennel; 20-07-2023, 03:11 PM.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• No outdoor oven or anything like that, no. We'd never get away with it if the forestry agent or anyone like that were to spot it. Too much of a fire hazard, they'd say.

And I only bake bread and cakes for friends or for gifts. So no bakery. Though I would be baking more, hence the danger to my waistline (not sure I've even got one, though).

You can guess as much as you like, but the likelihood of you ever getting it right is next to nil it's such a silly idea. Anyway, I've pretty well talked myself out of it.

Sleeping in a hammock under the stars would be a marvellous idea. But the mosquitoes would drive us mad. They're huge this year. Plus we've got minute nipping black flies this year and if anything they're even worse than the mozzies. You been sending your surplus midges back with the smiles, rary?

Comment

• Snoop, you need a hammock with an inbuilt mozzie net! Maybe you ought to invent one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                      Dangerous to my waistline... Hence the folly of the idea..
                      My guess. Are you thinking of becoming a Chocolatier ?
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 20-07-2023, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

My guess. Are you thinking of becoming a Chocolatier ?
                        Now there's an idea. You know me well, Bren. But no.

Very tempting, mind. I could come up with some amazing Christmas gifts... Might actually be more sensible than the other idea. The equipment and ingredients aren't difficult to find online in Spain. Hmmm.

Comment

• Right, better stop thinking about chocolate.

Morning all.

Hot outside, but nowhere near as hot as recent days. And tonight should be really quite cool. Bliss.

Busy day ahead, as per. It's been a week of more work coming in than going out. Anyway, the bank will be pleased.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Snoop if my idea was the sensible one I'm now wondering what you're thinking of.

Not sure of todays weather sites I look at can't agree

Comment

• Good morning.

The breadmaker has nearly finished making me a loaf and the smell is delightful.

We're back to thick grey cloud and 80% chance of rain, only 13°C. I'm glad that I got to the bottom of the laundry basket yesterday. My favourite bedding got washed, dried outdoors and back on the bed....and I actually slept well.
                              Last edited by greenishfing; 21-07-2023, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

…or maybe making ice creamsSnoop?

Oh…speaking of which!…I finally found some double raspberry magnums and also a selection of mini ones….
                                ​​​​​​​The rain promised for today actually arrived overnight so that was perfect timing.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X