This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

It is raining...again, and that is the forecast for the daylight hours today.☔

I intend to do a grory hop later this morning. I'll see if my brother-in-law wants to come with us. I'm writing a shopping list while doing this, just as I remember things. All will be well as long as I actually take the list with me.

This afternoon Mr GF has an appointment at the doctor's surgery for his ears syringing. I've been putting him oil in them for a week so I hope they can do it as he has driven me mad moaning this week and it must have been awful for him. ....autocorrect kept insisting that he was going for his ears stringing! Mmmmm.

Comment

• Morning, a wet start to the day so that means domestics. Had a long lie as I was awake between 2 and 5am. No idea why but I was wide awake so read my kindle. I’ve tossed and turned since then too.
      Not sure what the incubation period is for Covid now but still feel ok, long may it continue!
      Enjoy your day folks and will catch you later. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Another wet and windy day with lots more forecast.
        Off out to my line dancing so that should lift the tone.
        Domestics after that zi think.
        Have a good dsy and Jay, my fingers are still crossed for you.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All It's the same here Bren, raining and windy. Haircut today. See you later, have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Flo
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon a damp dreigh day today, to wet to get out to the garden and cold enough to bring on the heating, OH was out for lunch with her old workmates, once she was finished I went and collected her, her friends loke to walk round some shops, which she is unable to do just now, I have also been preparing for the garden club tonight, always a worry wondering if anyone will show up, however I have a programme set up so hopefully everything will be fine, have a good evening and keep dry and safe
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• A totally miserable day here weather wise, but at least Mr GF can now hear again.

I have had several emails from my young niece today (early twenties) who is travelling through Europe with her parents.

I have been trying to convince her to use whatever language skills she has....and I know she has some. When I was young I was always frightened of making an idiot of myself and I'm trying to convince her that she will be treated far better if she attempts, however badly, the local languages.

I was definitely in my late thirties before I lost my inhibitions and just "went for it". I'll never forget one day in Belgium when I had ordered our meal in Flemish and Mr GF was absolutely astounded. (I had in my dim and distant past worked in the Netherlands for a couple of years).

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  20 minutes of ironing Rary?…mines more like 5 hrs worth just sitting there, watching me…..
                  You are not trying Nicos, though possibly your husband may disagree with that 😁
                  Last edited by rary; 20-09-2023, 07:08 AM.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good morning and it's a cold wet blustery morning at that, have been up since five this morning, got wakened with pins and needles in my hands and it has taken till now for it to ease, I know I should contact the doctor to see if I could get any action with regards to the carpel tunnel syndrome, but would feel very guilty if I pushed to get something done and OH went in for her hip op. at the same time, I know just letting things run their course it might happen that way, but then I wouldn't feel as guilty, anyway today I am going to let OH take me out for lunch, with it raining I can't get into the garden so might as well make the best of it, actually on thinking on it when I am working and lifting the slabs I don't have the same problem with pins and needles, I do get some but not as severe as it has been the past two days, possibly lifting with my hands and arms straightens something out, will see how things go when I can get back into the garden.
                    Things went well at the garden club last night there was a dozen people turned up and considering the heavy rain at the start time that was fine, right of to make a cup of tea, if anyone cares to join me, so have a good day Folks and smile

Comment

• Morning, another wet and windy day here the wind socks got tangled up around its pole hopefully it'll free its self.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

We got so hot outside yesterday at lunch that we had to go indoors. This morning I've finally conceded and put on long trousers, as well as a cardie. We'll definitely be cleaning out the range today. The lows will be below 10 ºC this weekend.

Not sure how many of our grapes we'll have left this morning. I could hear the boar busily chomping away in the night. Might have to pick the last of the pears too, even though they're a fair way off being ripe, if we're to get any of those too. Mind you, I can hardly complain seeing as we went fig scrumping the other day. And I know where there are some abandoned quince trees too... Must be about time for them to be ready for picking.

rary, there's nothing wrong with talking to the doctor now and getting yourself on the list. They'll be understanding if your OH's hip operation comes up and they need to reschedule yours if you do coincide, which you may not.

Right, better get on with things. Work calls and there's a nice warming soup for later to be made.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning.

It's a very wet and blustery morning here. The howling of the wind woke me up at about 4am. I probably needed to wake up for a rest. In my dream I'd been a private detective and I was chasing some miscreants, who were selling dodgy sausages, round a golf course. WEIRD!

Thankfully Mr GF's hearing is now much improved after having the wax removed.

I think I'll ring his sister's care home this morning and see if she is alert enough today to appreciate visitors.

Rary, is there nothing the doctor can give you to stop the pins and needles? It sounds awful.

I think I'll make Mr GF some of his favourite buns next.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            Did anyone noticed me missing yesterday?

Up well before the larks were even peeping from beneath their wings!
                            We took our car for its service up at the main dealership near the coast. And yup - not far from IKEA
                            Had lunch there, did a bit of shopping elsewhere then returned , shopped there then sat on their comfy sofas having coffee and hot chocolate and read our books. No idea why but the whole place was quiet. Funnily enough there were loads of guys in their 70s snoring away, probably leaving their wife to shop … Can’t blame them tbh.
                            Our exciting bit of the day was that we’d asked for a courtesy car expecting something simple, but no….it turned out to be a brand new top of the range electric jaguar ​​​​​​ OH was delighted For the first hour he just drove around ‘getting used to it’ . So many weird features- things projected onto the windscreen, warning lights flashing up on the wing mirrors, cameras everywhere outside. Hidden handles…
                            He had to phone his insurance company and arrange a 4,000€ excess before he drove it off Flipping heck!
                            Seemed the safest thing to do was to sit in ikea for most of the time!
                            ( we still much prefer our own car though…phew!)

Domestics today- cooking down more apples,and pears, possibly a bit more blackberry picking…also finishing off the ironing - only a double sheet and duvet left!…( for now at least) yippee

The other exciting thing yesterday ( it gets very quiet here in the countryside so any news can be exciting!) is that we called in the our internet main office who told us our fibre connection will be available early November and everything will up and running towards the end of November. Fast internet….no limitations on use….AND mobile phones included all at 3/4 the price we are paying now. Watch out folks….we’re entering the 21st Century!

And so…I best shake a leg…stuff to do before it starts raining again!

Enjoy your day peeps. No seen the smiles yet Snoop…I’m guessing they are snoozing somewhere out of the wind!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• rary my wee auntie had her carpal tunnel op done recently. She was in and out of the hospital in a morning. All done and dusted with a local anaesthetic. She was fine afterwards too so I’d get myself on the list!!
                              Morning all. A very wet and windy night but managed a bit of sleep. Still raining but less windy.
                              Off to get my next lot of medication at the hospital so I’ve done a Covid test and I’m all clear!!
                              Enjoy the rest of your day folks, hope it’s less wet and windy for you. x
                              sigpic

Comment

• Great news, Jay. Phew!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X