This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Te he…..those ‘interesting’ breakfasts reminds me of when our young daughter brought us a cuppa in bed one morning….she had turned the kettle off before it got too hot , used the teabag which didn’t work very well in the cool water, so she added instant coffee granules to the mix so it looked the right colour!
    Lovely memories!

Not sure what’s on the books today but it will certainly involve picking French beans
    Probably a siesta too seeing as I’ve already been awake for 3hrs

Enjoy your day peeps- see ya later!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning, have taken GS to his work, and walked the dogs, it has been dry overnight, rain started as I stepped o ut with the dogs, of course its off now, I am back in the house🙄 we are taking son and family out for lunch after, which will cost us as the boys are now past the kids menu stage, how things change, it used to be, now be good boys and clear your plate, now it's do you need a hand to clear your plate, gran/papa? 😏
      Nicos I would have thought all beans growing in your garden would be French 🤔. Now heading down to our house where I will be getting a coffee table ready to take to a local charity shop, someone had said to us we should sell it on some Internet site, but I don't agree with doing that I have had the use of it and am now finished with it so someone else can use it and benifit the charity, right need to move, have a good day, enjoy your garden even if it's just looking at it
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

Dentist for me this morning hopefully it will just be a check up. Not to sure after that if its fine gardening what with the rain and doing house stuff its been rather neglected lately.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just randomly reading this thread while having breakfast.

Regarding cramp - I get it if I stretch, particularly my legs, and I have to be really careful not to automatically stretch when I wake up. If you do get cramp, I read somewhere that if you stretch the muscle in the opposite direction it eases it. The few times I have had cramp since I read that, I have found it works, so for example if you get cramp in your calf from pointing your toes, try lifting your toes as far as they will go. If you don't know what has caused it, stretch the muscle carefully in various directions until it eases.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Always nice to look at the garden Rary….
            what’s that poem?…

Leisure
            by
            William Henry Davies
            What is this life if, full of care,
            We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
            And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
            Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
            Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
            And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
            Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
            We have no time to stand and stare.
            Last edited by Nicos; 28-07-2023, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• When I was younger….​​​​​​…..my children gave me a ‘Red Indian’ name ( ie an Original Nations one)
              …. ’ Smiles with her Eyes ’

That poem always reminds me of that

So…what would yours be?

Comment

• Morning all.

Maybe there's something to your cramp remedy, Penellype. If I get cramp in my calves (usually while I'm in bed), I just walk about for a bit and it very quickly eases off. That would have the same effect as what you're suggesting, I guess.

Meanwhile, no exciting start to the day in the Snoop household. Toast for breakfast made by me (I woke up hungry for a change).

Busyish day but nothing out of the ordinary. My new toy was due to arrive yesterday, but clearly they turned up after the company that takes deliveries for us had shut. New delivery to be arranged. No idea when that will be, though. Patience is not my middle name.

​​​​​​​Hope all the doctor's and dentist's visits go OK.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning. When I was young my dad told me to walk on a cold tiled (or lino) floor barefoot to relieve cramp. I used to get cramp in my calves after changing heel height on my footwear. A few years ago when I was ill and kept getting cramp in random muscles I found that a hot water bottle helped enormously. I remember snarling horribly at Mr GF who was trying to be helpful. He didn't get them hot enough or expel the air. I was really horrible, I don't know how he put up with me.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all,
                      Been up very early. for a @doctors app.
                      Home now and have the laundry out drying.
                      Finally I have a free day so it will be spent in the garden.

Nicos, I love that poem and it's so very true.

My favourite poem by Jenny Joseph.
                      When I am an old woman I shall wear purple.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, lovely and sunny this morning, just for a change. Thank you for all the tips on cramps. Believe it or not my calf is still painful. Penellype, I think you may be right I think I did stretch my leg and toes when I woke. Will try to do some stretching exercises.
                        Have a great day everyone, nothing on the cards here today! x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon nice and sunny today, did some work in the garden then as said earlier we treated son and family to a lunch, now skint, so think I will try busking though with my voice I think all I would get is old boots a turfffor those who suffer from cramp, when I got cramp in the top of my legs, if in bed I used to swing my legs out the bed and press my foot against the wall, I think the combination of both the cold wall and stretching the muscle relieved the cramp, if after a long hike and getting cramp, below the knee, I found resting my heel on the ground and forcing my toes back did as Pen said stretch the muscle and ease the cramp

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon

Just a checkup at the dentist and come back in February so that was good.
                            I’ll try out those cramp tips next time I need them thanks everyone.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tis fish Friday for us! We get a 20%discount on fresh fish on Fridays so we take advantage but I only get fish from UK waters so it's always Cornish Hake or farmed trout. The rest of the week we eat vegetarian.
                              My go to menu was fish n chips but....opting for a healthier option we had fish curry today. ( We do not eat a big meal after lunch - it's our main meal then a light supper at about 7.30pm)
                              I have grown a chillie pepper plant which is meant to be a Ghost pepper. However the fruits on this one - overwintered I might add - are green plus one red. However. I needed a chili for the fish curry so I took one green one off. Which I tasted a tiny portion. When I recovered I put the whole chili in the sauce but strictly advised MrB to avoid eating it. We are still speaking to each other but needed lots of cider to calm the chili effect.
                              Last edited by mrsbusy; 28-07-2023, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• PS would anyone like a very strong chillie plant?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X