This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    A bit on the dull side but its 14 degs, such strange weather.

I must go to the library this morning to return some books.
    I think soup making is on the cards for the afternoon.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      Loads of sploshy here too.
      We were going to go to a sapling Fair today just to have a look at what they have but I think I’d rather stay indoors!.
      Might go if the wind drops though even though we don’t really need more trees.
      Enjoy your day peeps.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

Contrary to the weather forecast it has rained all morning. As I fully expected the rain to stop and it was forecast to be windy, I put a load of towels in the washer......still raining and no wind!

I've made strawberry jam buns this morning. Next job is to go out and get a Saturday paper with TV mag. I really don't want to go out at all in this rain though.

Comment

• Afternoon!
          We ended up going to the Fair. Loads of bare root and potted trees of all kinds although probably the vast proportion were fruit tress.
          We were looking for red hawthorn and white to plant together. No white available as they said ‘ just dig one up from a hedgerow
          The red were grafted onto white rootstock but all had been lopped and encouraged to branch at 2 metres . Not what we were looking for so we just ended up buying clementines and a large bag of onions from a stall.
          Nice to get out though. And yes, as soon as we arrived it started pouring down again

Comment

• Good afternoon dull and wet today, we went out for a bit of shopping, though OH sat in the car while I went into the shops for the messages, don't usually do shopping on a Saturday, and don't intend to do so again, everyone seems to be in a big hurry, then of course when some meet friends or whoever in the Isles or doorways they just stop to have a chat, blocking the access, definitely not shopping on a Saturday again​​​​​​, OH was quite happy to get out for a change of scenery but was a bit tired once back home, when the rain stopped I got out and cleared the conservatory gutters as I had bit of water showing, might not be from there but they needed cleared anyway, will now monitor the area to see if there is a problem, have a pleasant evening and if out keep safe and warm, remember to pass on some smiles
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Nice afternoon out. Got back at 6 pm and the two birds were still having a dogfight.

Comment

• It’s rained here for most of the day, I did get bits of gardening done then tidied my GH lettuce plants but that was it for the garden.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• In spite of rain being forecast we had none and it stayed dry.
                  Made a huge pot of tomato soup.
                  I had eight and a half pounds of tomatoes in the freezer so I used them all.
                  That should keep us going for a while.

Rary, glad to hear Mrs Rary is getting back on her feet.
                  Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

…no rain! Chilly but dry so that’s a day in the garden sorted!
                    What's everyone else up to today?…whatever it is, enjoy!

Comment

• Morning

Rary I agree with you about Saturday shopping the supermarkets and carparks are too busy, I don't mind going in the bakery, corn stores or charity shop but that's about it. Mrs R enjoyed her trip out, were are you planning to take her next.

Some baking today and soup now Brambles mentioned her tom soup that's once i've got the slow cooker sorted for this evening meal.

enjoy your day

waves at Nicos we have rain here for the day so not much doing outside.
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 19-11-2023, 09:00 AM.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and damp here but a bit warmer. Big breakfast then a lazy day for me. Have a lovely Sunday
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• That was the wrong smiley again! Must find my glasses!
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Frost last night according to the thermometer, though I got up late today so didn't see it. Nice and bright now. Will need to keep the assorted wood boxes constantly topped up from now on, as it looks like we'll be needing a fire in the bedroom every night and from early evening onwards in the kitchen. Mr Snoop says we've got plenty of firewood left from last year. Me, I'm not so sure.

Glad Mrs Rary enjoyed her day out, rary. Might you be treating her to afternoon tea at the garden centre next?

I didn't get much done yesterday, so got plenty on my plate for today. Mr Snoop is off out this afternoon to a festival.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning.

According to the forecast it should be raining here, 87% chance, but everything is dry for a change and the temperature last night stayed in double figures. In the next couple of hours our rain risk rises to 97%.

My latest Ikea purchase is ready for me to collect at a nearby pick up point, a local hotel, but if the traffic is anything like the last couple of days I'll put it off until tomorrow. When we went down to Sainsbury's on Thursday I think that the whole of Yorkshire was doing the same. It was ludicrously busy and we're not even in December yet.

I must think about Christmas presents. I've only bought one so far..... for my brother-in-law. I have bought an Advent calender for the one small child we've got in the family at the moment. I ought to wrap that up and either post it or deliver it this week.

Time now for elevenses I think.

Comment

• Morning everyone. Hope you are well. I’ve just spent 10 days in hospital with a post Covid infection. I’ve never felt so ill in my life. Sailed through Covid no problem at all and then was hit by what felt like a train. Please take care with Covid folks it’s not just a cold.
                                Not 100% yet but will pop in for a catch up.
                                Enjoy your day folks. x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X