This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rary View Post
    As Nicos has said bramble, I do hope you have a calm day, and that your friend finds a bit of peace at such a terrible time God bless.

​​​​​
    Thank you Rary.
    It was a very emotional day but we all did our very best to be supportive.
    It's just against the order of things to see the death of your child, ... aren't we meant to go first?
    At least the hardest 0art is over now.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope you have a peaceful and restful day today, Bramble.

Two small birds outside, having a scrap over territory. Looks like our corral, garage and nearby olive tree are in fact prime real estate. Not nice to see. One of them is really harrying the other. Judging by the size and shape, I'd say two redstarts, not black caps, but it's hard to tell in this light. We had the same thing last year with two robins. My fat favourite guy lost out, but then the youngster disappeared shortly thereafter, so no robins at all here in the end. None this year too. No blue tits or great tits either.

Got a job to finish before going out later this morning with Mr Snoop to meet another English woman who lives relatively nearby, so better step on it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All The death of your child is the hardest thing to bear and I hope your friend finds peace Bramble
        Decorator has got a flare up of gout, so all work postponed until Monday. I don't mind so much, I could do with a restful day.
        it's Prematurity Day today, so please give a thought to the babies and their families
        Have a good day
        Last edited by Florence Fennel; 17-11-2023, 08:36 AM.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
          It's a bright and dry morning.
          Lots of indoor and outdoor errands to fo today so that should keep me busy.

Flo, I hear what your saying and fully agree.
          My own sister lost her little girl and never got over it.

Thank you all for your kind words over the last few days.

Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            Bit of a late start for me today

Gardening and sewing for me again today.
            I’m very slowly attacking the sewing and I can see it taking a while …little by little , but I can see progress.
            I think I need a new sewing machine tbh. I had someone look at it and they said it was fine but it clearly didn’t do for them what it does for me, but it’s pretty off putting that the thread suddenly jams, snaps, it skips a few inches without actually creating stitches, bunches up behind then works absolutely fine without me twiddling with anything…all within a few minutes. Never a dull moment

Don’t think I sew enough regularly to warrant a new machine in reality. Oh well, at least I have one eh?

Sorry to hear about your decorator Flo. That’s a horrible thing to suffer from.
            Hope today goes well for you and the Prem Unit. It must be so hard for the parents - and of course the rest of their family.

Right…I best get a wiggle on - I’m already waaay behind this morning.
            Enjoy your day as best you can peeps- see ya later!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Winston Churchill was a Prem baby

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                Winston Churchill was a Prem baby
                So was Albert Einstein and Sir Isaac Newton! ( if I recall correctly)
                And no Rary - that was waaaay before my time

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I was one too. My mother later told me that I looked like a skinned rabbit ..... hardly flattering.

Comment

• Afternoon, it’s been lovely and sunny here with a bit of a breeze so a good line drying day.
                    It’s dropped cool now though time to come indoors close the curtains and do some reading.

enjoy your evening
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've done the same Bren, have spent a couple of hours in my Escape Room with a jigsaw and Radio 4. Better get moving now though - it doesn't look like I'm getting a throw out tonight

Comment

• Good evening all.
                        Spent the afternoon tidying out presses in the spare bedroom.
                        Lots of stuff bagged up to go to the charity shop.
                        It's amazing how much space I have reclaimed.
                        Have a good night all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Two birds having a dogfight again this morning. Definitely redstarts. No idea if they're the same ones as yesterday, different ones, one the same, the other not. They can't have been at it all day yesterday, surely? Anyway, they've got a nice day for it so far. Last day of our Indian summer (known here as St. Martin's summer) tomorrow. Then the overnight temperatures absolutely plummet and we'll be well into the minuses.

Got a nice day planned for today. A bit of paid work, a bit of tidying, a bit of baking, an outing to see a friend for a cup of tea if I can confirm she's in and a bit of shopping on the way back home if she is.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                            Hope your cold is better Snoop Puss
                            Thanks, Flo. Yes, pretty well all sorted.

Your decorator is working at a speedy rate, by the look of it. Takes us ages to get anything done.

Comment

• Morning

Its wet and windy here, only been as far as the gate for milk though, I'll be going out later for a bit of shopping.

enjoy your day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Hard rain here. Have a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X