This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent news, rary.

You doing anything to get your carpal tunnel syndrome sorted now? Just asking...

Comment

• Rary it sounds like your OH is recovering well from her opp.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Glad things are going well Rary. I hope your own problems get sorted soon too.

I eventually picked up my Ikea delivery today and had a happy time putting it together. Unbelievably I realised that they charge £16 for someone to push in 8 dowels and screw in 8 screws if you need someone to do it for you.

I am so happy with what I've got, I've now ordered something else from the same range Mr GF has a worried look on his face. I can see him thinking......where will it end?
        Last edited by greenishfing; 15-11-2023, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Te he gf…go for it gal!

Rary- great news about yr Mrs- always good to hear someone is doing so well after what is rather major surgery!
          Start her off writing Xmas cards- that should keep her busy for a while
          Glad your gardening club went well too.

Sad days Bramble - how do you mean ‘the first part’? - don’t answer me if its too upsetting x

I had a very busy day - didn’t have a chance to go and do a grory hop - so that’s a definite for tomorrow.
          Done loads of gardening and shredding, then unpicking zips, chopping and sewing. I’m having an early night as I’m shattered!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos..the evening before, where people visit the funeral home to view the departed and offer their sympathies.
            Tomorrow will be the cremation as that was what he wanted.
            Just too sad.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              Thinking of you, Bramble. x
              Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. Xx

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                Nicos..the evening before, where people visit the funeral home to view the departed and offer their sympathies.
                Tomorrow will be the cremation as that was what he wanted.
                Just too sad.
                Thanks for explaining x
                My thoughts are with you all - I hope today passes calmly
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Another bright day forecast, so with any luck that big bank of cloud stopping the sunshine from hitting our solar panels will just pass on by quickly.

Two birds in the garage last night. The blackcap has moved to a different, more prominent perch, so very visible. Also gives him a commanding view of anyone moving about in the garage. Not sure what the other bird is, but it's very small, possibly a Mrs blackcap or a redstart. It has taken up residence on a book in a gap between two taller books, so well tucked away. Must have been quite cosy in that spot last night, as the temperature was still warm enough for geckos to be prowling the ceiling in search of insects. The forecast is looking very cold towards the end of next week, though, so I'm glad the birds are already sorted for their winter roosts. Who cares about the books in these circumstances?

Mr Snoop doing some chauffering duties for M today. Me, I'm doing the usual clacking away and getting work done. So all peaceful at the House of Snoop with any luck.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Gloomy again here. Bedroom done and looks good. Hall, stairs and landing tomorrow. Baking to finish off today - mini Victorias. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

I didn't sleep well but I did get up to the smell of fresh bread. The trusty breadmaker had done it's job.

I am into my last bag of bread flour, a rare occurrence. Aldi haven't had any in store for weeks so I'm thinking I'll have a quick run around Sainsbury's today. I also need mixed peel. I'll treat Mr GF to his favourite anchovy stuffed olives. Soft blue cheese for me, maybe some haggis and I'm sure a few other assorted goodies will jump into my basket.

Comment

• Your mention of Aldi reminds me, GF, that their brut cava (labelled Vinart here) got a thumbs up from the Spanish consumer organisation for best value for money. We tried a bottle last night. Nice fine mousse (much better than prosecco or the usual cavas like Freixenet - ghastly stuff) and decent lemony flavour. Not totally amazing but very drinkable and it is indeed extremely good value. Only costs €2.19 here, very cheap even for Spain. No idea what it is in pounds in the UK with all the extra duty on top, but might be worth considering if anybody needs a few bottles for a party at Christmas/New Year?
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 16-11-2023, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Thanks Snoop, I usually get prosecco for the girls at Saturnalia so I'll look.

Comment

• Hope your cold is better Snoop Puss

Comment

• As Nicos has said bramble, I do hope you have a calm day, and that your friend finds a bit of peace at such a terrible time God bless.

​​​​​
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon, actually went out to the coffee morning today, though we didn't wait till the end, but it's definitely a step in the right direction, though I do think I need to take OHs glasses off her, she got out the car when we arrived home saying that she felt quite sore, though that didn't prevent her from looking into the kitchen as she passed , which she said need cleaned, me I think it's ok​​​​​​, but as I told her with all the bending and stretching when she is moving better, this will give her some exercise, so really I am thinking of her unfortunately she didn't seem to agree with me. I got out to the greenhouse for a time and put the fire on, I am Tring to make some charcoal which if it works I will turn into biochar,, also today my neighbour has cut down the trees that shades the greenhouse, so hopefully this will help in the spring as I should be able to get sunlight from early morning, instead of being in the shade till about two, have a good day whatever you are doing and pass on your smiles​​​​​​​
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X