Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you both…also got stable scan results so all good!
    sigpic

Comment

• Fantastic news Jay! X
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Very strangely calm and quiet here after the last couple of days of high winds.
        I’ll probably pop out later for a quick, local grory hop so I’ll be able to see what damage has occurred in the vicinity. Not too much I hope.

Great to hear yr Mrs is doing well Rary - I’m sure your cheeky comments are medicine in themselves!

Right - The fire is lit and it’s time for a brew or two and some porridge …you’re welcome to join me.
        Enjoy your day peeps and I hope those of you with pets are ok with any fireworks this weekend.
        Last edited by Nicos; 03-11-2023, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all. I've been awake since dawn. It's clear here and I think the wet roofs are melting frost rather than rain.

I've a few jobs to do this morning and must call at the chemist. The gas engineer is calling this afternoon to service the boiler.

Great to hear your good news, Jay.

Rary, as laughter is supposed to be the best medicine, Mrs Rary should be improving in leaps and bounds.

I'm waiting for the breadmaker to finish off now, the smell is giving me an appetite.

Apart from on Halloween I haven't heard many fireworks this year compared to other years although somebody once told me that when the noisy ones went off in the evening at other times of year it was the local drug dealer telling their customers that they had drugs. I've no idea if that was true however.

Time for more coffee now I think.

Comment

• Morning all.

Good news about your results, Jay. And I'm enjoying the vision of Mrs Rary doing leaps and bounds. Hope you're able to keep up, rary.

All good here so far. A bit chilly but more importantly, bright, so the batteries will get a good recharge till the storm we're due this afternoon. Nothing like you've all had, but it's also due to be very cloudy and wet tomorrow. It's all very well living off-grid and using solar power, but there are times when a generator is required and that means burning fossil fuels. The world is going to find climate change very difficult to fix.

Right, I am way behind with a ghastly job, so I'd better step on it. Mr Snoop is out this afternoon, so I'll be stuck placating the dog who thinks the end of the world has come when he goes out. Likely won't get much done between him and the other one getting jealous of all the attention she's not receiving.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning g all.
              Bright and sunny here.
              Grory hop this morning and looking after my grandson this afternoon.

Jay so pleased you got good results.

Rary keep up the good work, I'm sure your Mrs will be back on her feet in no time.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Sun is shining! Cold though. Good news Jay Tried to post earlier, but had problems my end. Car in for MOT today so fingers crossed. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon, Nicos I think you are reffing to acid batteries which needed recharged, usually done at a garage, well I'm sure that's what my granny told me​​​​​​, valves were like light bulbs, quite similar to the small candle bulbs that you would use for an oven or microwave.
                  As it was dry this morning I decided to get the bedding washed, and, while it was in the machine I went up the town for some messages and was back down just as the washing was finishing l, now out on the rope and as OH is improving I got a lot of the leaves lifted three binbags filled with them so I will put them somewhere out the way and leave them for a couple of years.
                  Just got a phone call from our daughter, she was at hospital with one of the boys as he has a problem, no that is had a problem with his blood clotting, he had been at hospital two weeks ago to give some blood for tests, today he has been told that he is all clear, I wasn't going to say anything about it but you have no idea how relieved I am, and I thank the Lord for the medical care.
                  I hope that all of you have missed the destruction caused buy the storm, I do hope those caugh up in it, gets all the help they need. I wish you all well and hope you have a good day, and remember to smile
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon sunshine here as well Flo with just a bit of a breeze so it tried the laundry.
                    That's good news about your grandson Rary xx
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good news indeed, Rary. I remember you mentioning he was not well. So glad he's OK and that your OH is on the mend. Will you allow yourself a dram (or two) tonight to celebrate?

Comment

• Good afternoon.
                        Rary, delighted to know that your grandson got good results,, it's such a worry when family members are unwell.
                        I got a phone call this morning to say I am clear of all skin cancer,,It was like winning the lotto.
                        Without a doubt, you're health is your wealth.
                        Take care all and have a good evening.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Really pleased for you Bramble xx
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Excellent news, Bramble.

Supposedly it's a diet night, but there's plenty here to celebrate, what with you, Rary and Jay. So I think a bottle of something will have to come out.

Plus, Mr Snoop has bought himself a new to him (but very old) car. So he's bound to want a glass (or two) of something nice.

Comment

• Great news bramble and Rary. Very uplifting news

How did the MOT do Flo?
                              my camper van is due for it’s MOT next week, so it’s quite a concern isn’t it?

Great news too about Mr Snoops new car!
                              Wow- lots to celebrate tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Really pleased for you Bramble xx
                                Thanks Bren.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics