Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely a night to celebrate Snoop.
    Hope Mr Snoop travels many happy miles in his new car.

Flo, hope your car passed its MOT test.

Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Great to hear your news bramble and rary, so pleased for you both.
      Congrats Mr Snoop on the new car, enjoy!
      sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Looks like it’s got very windy again, but nothing like previously.
        We managed to collect a lot of sweet chestnuts yesterday so I guess we’ll be cooking and peeling those over the next few days.
        We didn’t see many trees down on our travels which was surprising but there were a few- enough to cause disruption to the roads m electricity and internet.
        The local farmers have clearly been out and about with their tractors and chainsaws collecting fallen wood for their fires
        The local shop said they’d been without electricity for a couple of days so had problems with their fridges and freezers and of course they’re ‘modern’ tills. Cash or cheque only. Maybe that’s a warning for the future where cheques aren’t used/ accepted anymore in most places and few people carry cash?

Not quite sure what today will hold but I do need to defrost some beef for a hotpot tomorrow. Obviously you can’t find fireworks here for bonfire night - so I bought a pack of those little sparklers meant for cakes so at least I feel I’ve made an effort for Bonfire night. If it’s not wet and windy we might just wrap up warm, light the firepit of half an hour and sup on mulled wine. We’ll see

Have a great day everyone whatever mischief you get up to

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Its rain here for the day, no rain for tomorrow though so it won't spoils bonfire celebrations.

It seems like cash is used less and less, even car parks are going over to pay by app, that's causing problems for those who don't have a smart phone.

Enjoy your day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Extremely cloudy and we've had one downpour this morning, but supposedly that's it for rain today. I don't think the clouds are paying much attention to the weather forecasts.

Just been out to inspect the olive trees. All OK after the wind apart from sopping wet firewood after the cover went flying off in the night. It's wood from last year, so a bit of dry weather and wind should see it dry out enough for burning in a few days. Fingers crossed...

The usual show here today, workwise. Am getting very fed up with it, but needs must.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

A very grey and damp one here again today with lots of rain forecast. There seemed to be quite a few very loud fireworks last night. I've just remembered that one of my sisters used to go on holiday every year at this time of year. The reason I remember is that I always ended up with her two little terriers for a week or two around bonfire night. They used to get so scared and snuggle up. One of them has now unfortunately died of old age and the other is pretty much stone deaf so doesn't get disturbed by it any more.

If I can get Mr GF organised I think a trip to see his sister in her care home is overdue this weekend. I just hope that she doesn't ignore him this time.

Great health news Bramble and Rary.

I need to make more buns next for elevenses but am getting waylaid by James Martin on TV.

Comment

• Good Morning All Wonderful news from all those with reasons to celebrate, it's good to hear.
                Gloomy and cold here.
                Car failed, but only on 4 bulbs, so we'll replace and re-test next week.
                Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• That’s frustrating Flo…but at least nothing expensive

Your mention of olives Snoop reminded me of our drive through the Lowther Estate a few weeks ago - they had what looked like olive nets strewn on the ground under what looked like nigh on a hundred trees - collecting the acorns.
                  We did a goooogle afterwards and they replant and sell them. What a simple but brill idea!

Click image for larger version

Name:	8D69B069-FEE5-4632-B785-3B7AB64D62F0.png
Views:	105
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	2570986

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	189adc85-5efe-4009-b15c-a72b22a90a5c.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	2570989 Here’s the photo from the car- it looked like it had been snowing!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Very gray and it's raining as well.
                      No plans for the day but I might take myself off to the local shopping centre.
                      Theres always a few bits to pick up even if you didnt realise you needed them.

Flo, at least it wasnt anything major that failed, just bulb replacement.

Nice pics Nicos, what are the acorns used for?

Enjoy the day all and stay dry out of the rain.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Lowther Estate looks really impressive, Nicos. I've just had a look, bramble. I'm guessing they collect the acorns to feed to their impressive-looking pigs.

Comment

• Bramble, they say they plant some on the estate and sell some. I guess feeding some to the pigs and making acorn flour is an alternative.

Comment

• Good afternoon, I actually cut my grass this morning, the first time I have ever cut grass in November, though while cutting the grass I also spread leaves over the grass so that i could shred them up and use them in the greenhouse, evedently as I was out in the garden this means OH is improving, though I think I will need to take the crutches off her as I could see her looking about evedently to see what I have not been doing, unfortunately the list could be quite long, but then I could always tell her that as she can do these things so much better than me, I was thinking it would help her by getting some exercise after reading that back, I think I could get away with that glad to see you don't have covid Jay and very pleased to read your news bramble, sometimes we are so concerned with our own problems that you miss others, so sorry about that, and I wish you all well, so keep safe and keep smiling
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                              Theres always a few bits to pick up even if you didnt realise you needed them..
                              When I went out this morning for the newspaper I bought a Pill-o-pad from the charity shop, not seen one before it’s a foam bookrest handy to use with my kindle reader or tablet.
                              I do love charity shops.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                                Good morning all.
                                Very gray and it's raining as well.
                                Theres always a few bits to pick up even if you didnt realise you needed them.
                                Is that not what the shopaholics say
                                ​​​​​​
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X