X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.
    Hope it all goes right today, Flo.

Ta for the brew Nicos, really hit the spot. Sun's out here, so no doubt it wil cloud over later. Got a bit of trellis to re-secure after the storms loosened it, other than that, the day is free. Groceries yesterday, housework tomorrow, today is my own!

Have a good day all
    Last edited by mothhawk; 25-02-2022, 08:22 AM.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• After another 2 hrs of sleep I finally feel refreshed!
      The frost on the grass has gone and we have a few light clouds floating by.
      It was very much a porridge and honey sort of morning. Still very nippy out there. These are the sorts of days a greenhouse/ polytunnel would be very much enjoyed!
      We had a woodpecker on the peanut feeder this morning - lovely to see, although the other birds ( most.y blue and great tits are intimidated by them.
      I’m pretty sure we have both a male and female woodpecker at different times - and last year we had a juvenile.
      I’ve never seen peanuts for sale here so we order them from Germany. Used to bring them back from the uk in huuuge bags but those days are sadly gone now.
      We do have other feeders with seeds and fat balls so we quite a mixture of birds.

Right - I best go raid the freezers and work out something for supper tonight. They are overfull so I need to focus!
      Might get a casserole on the go too whilst the wood stove is hot.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Sunny day here best place outdoors will be in the GH seed sowing.
        Nicos we rarely see Woodpeckers around here then its only a quick glimpse and they're gone.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It’s the peanut hanger which draws ours in. We tend to hear them in the woods or on our very old apple tree otherwise.

Comment

• Morning all (probably be afternoon where I am by the time I finish).

Well kicked off, FF. Good result.

Weather cloudy and grey here today. Only fair, I guess. But would you mind sending some rain my way too? Months now and none on the horizon.

Had a very productive day yesterday. Finally got all my tax stuff sorted and sent to accountant well before the deadline. So I can sleep at night now.

Plans for the weekend are a bit tedious: do all the paid work I would have done instead of doing paperwork. But at least I have work, so mustn't complain.

The smiles had a good night's kip too and were rather boisterous this morning. I had to shoo them out, as they were flapping around all over some bread roll dough I've started, creating quite a draught.

Right, on with the show. Have a great day, everyone.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 25-02-2022, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• After waking up before the crack of dawn I got back in bed and amazingly dropped back to sleep for another two hours. I took Mr GF for his blood test and did a couple of other things. I'd just got home and set the breadmaker off when the surgery rang back to say they'd got the test kits in for something else they want him to have. So back again for a test kit. This one is going to be "fun".

Although it is quite bright out and not raining it feels really cold.

I really ought to do some housework this afternoon but am not feeling motivated at all.

Comment

• I’ve just come in from weeding and whilst the sun was out I was happily weeding with pushed up sleeves.
                Once it went in I suddenly got quite chilly.
                There is definitely a feel of Spring in the air from time to time isn’t there?

Comment

• Evening it’s been lovely in the sunshine this afternoon it soon dropped cool at around 4pm, but it was nice while it lasted.
                  I did a bit of shopping but was mostly in the garden pottering about.
                  Enjoy your evening.

Comment

• Evening all.
                    Beutiful sunny day.
                    Had my grandson this morning.
                    Spent the afternoon in the garden and greenhouse.
                    Sweetpeas planted out.
                    Onions setts which I started off in pots in the greenhouse planted out as well.
                    Lots of weeding and tidying around.
                    Daffodils and Polyanthus in blossom.
                    Spring is definitely on it's way.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• evening all ,turned out a lovely day,see what tomorrow brings brings by for now
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all , sorry , been dipping in and enjoying the posts but haven’t really contributed much.
                        Must try harder .
                        Lovely warm sunny day today , AND my day off ! .
                        Spent all day at the plot , tidying and weeding , mulching and generally giving the soil a good furtle. Discovered a little patch of nettles hiding in my spinach patch. Going to encourage them as an ingredient in my liquid feeds and also as a pollinating insect attractant.
                        Today really made me feel like spring is in the air , it was so nice to have the sun on my back

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Bright blue skies and a stunning white frost this morning. Wood fire lit . Bliss.

More gardening later when it’s melted.
                          No other plans apart from getting the washing machine earning its keep.
                          Might make a cake if there is a second egg when OH lets them out.

Our nearest Lidl closed at the end of last summer and has been completely rebuilt on a huge scale . It reopened this week and I’m itching to go and see, but my last grory hop has left me with plenty of food still

Enjoy your day peeps- anyone doing anything exciting? ( gardening is my exciting event)

Comment

• Good morning all,i am actually up and awake,looks like we got some sun as well nicos,i must do a shop this morning,no other plans,just see what unfolds,as long i do something useful,son took me to get more chicken food and compost yesterday,so could be my get on with it,but have to hunt out more pots,as things are still inside my water barrels from moving,once the shed has been moved and re felted,it can be used,plus you never to old to learn.......he showed me how to remove the marker pen from the plastic labels,nail varnish remover,something to do whilst sitting with feet up,the smiles have arrived snoop they very jolly again,have a good day all,Bgood2yourselfes
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning

It's bright and frosty out so its got the makings of a good gardening/walking day.

Rightyhoe nettle soup is supposed to be nice but I've not tried it.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning all.

Another very grey and cloudy day but not a drop of rain. Also very cold. Mr Snoop is lighting the range right now. Might be time for another coffee if anyone fancies one with me.

Boring day ahead at the computer, but it's too cold to be out anyway. So might as well get on with it. The smiles left early, flapping very vigorously in a bid to keep warm. If they keep that up, they'll be halfway round the globe before they decide to turn back in your directions.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X