This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning
    Sadly we have more rain in our weatherman forecast. I hope you all have better weather.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Morning CG and all.
      Grey and wet here and no wind to blow the rain away.

My local library has closed for three months for refurbishment, new windows, and to have the 1960's asbestos removed from the roof. I shall have to check out the community library a bit further away. It's only open afternoons, which is a nuisance, but I can't live without books!
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Aw thats a shame Mothhawk but at least it is only being refurbished rather than closed for good. Any charity shops? We have a bus stop in one village which is a lending library and an old fashioned phonebox in another with produce(bakes ,jams, chutneys) and books. I read on kindle these days, I love books but I find it much easier now.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Our library being moved making it more central not sure when though, when i first spotted the headline I feared it was being closed. I read mostly on my Kindle but prefer craft and cookery books from the library.

Enjoy your day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Waiting for Grory Hop delivery. Drizzly but a bit warmer. Our local library is a Community Hub the swimming baths and gym are next door. It's a thriving centre for activities. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

Thank heavens the wind has subsided here. We've also got intermittent sunshine.

I used to visit a local library weekly but a few years ago it shut for refurbishment and never reopened. It was ideal, not too big, a big car park right outside and friendly staff. The main library in the city moved to new premises but parking nearby is nigh on impossible. I then started calling at another small library with obliging staff.

For some reason when I got ill a few years ago I lost my love of reading. From the age of four it was rare that I didn't have something to read in my hand, often not age appropriate, but I suddenly was not interested any more. WEIRD! I have tried.

I am just waiting to see the funeral director and then this afternoon

Comment

• Morning all.

Good luck with your jam, CG. Let us know how it goes. Sounds really yummy. Can just imagine some of that with a pork pie and a bit of Wensleydale.

We have a library in our village. Really popular with the kids. The librarian is great with them and very active in organising events. I think there would be uproar if there was ever any attempt to close it. Fingers crossed it never comes to that.

I'm afraid we're hogging all the fine weather. Sorry about that. A nice touch of frost in the fields when I got up (very late today, just after 9 am, a proper lie-in) but other than that it's wall to wall blue sky. The smiles got up at the same time as me and went off to inspect the birds singing away in the woodland before heading off in your direction. I'm guessing the birds think all this nice weather means spring is just around the corner if not already here.

Managed to get loads done yesterday. Could do with another day like that, but it's unlikely. Can't keep up that kind of pace nowadays. Mr Snoop is currently having a tidy of the medical cabinet. I've insisted we have plasters in it this time. His idea is to keep everything in separate containers, but then the containers go wandering and never return. Hopeless if you can't find iodine or plasters when you need them.

Right, on with the show. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Dull and cloudy but its 12 degs.
                  I am fortunate to have the choice of three libraries in my area.
                  They have each closed for refurbishment in the last few years on separate occasions.
                  We have teo large freestanding libraries and one in our local shopping centre.
                  I also use a facility on my tablet called borrow box where you can reserve or down a book as it becomes available.
                  Mothhawk, like you, I couldn't live without books.
                  Not a lot else on the cards other than donestics.
                  Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It's so much better managing the delivery when Frank's not here - his incessant barking drives us nuts - so much so that we have to shut him at the bottom of the stairs when the shopping arrives! The postman has just delivered a jigsaw and so another blessing for Frank's absence. This postman is terrified of dogs! Having said all that, I do miss him he's such fun.(Frank, not the postman) ​​​​​​

Not a fan of chilli or Apple jam CG but hope you find a recipe. I'm sure someone on here will have tried it.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                      Afternoon
                      Has anyone made apple chiili jam, looking for a recipe to try
                      I've never made apple chilli jam, but when I've had a glut of Bramley apples I've made herb jellies, mostly mint or rosemary. Great with meat or cheese.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                        We’re back home having had another lovely couple of nights away.
                        I now just need to persuade Hibou that we really do still love her….

Chiili jam?…I’ve made chilli jelly CG by making apple jelly first ( using the liquid from simmering left over peelings and cores )adding sugar ,boil until almost at setting point then adding chilli powder/ seeds/ fresh chopped chilli or just chilli oil for the last 5 minutes of the rolling boil.
                        Same as with your herb jellies gf.
                        Best to add less chilli than you think in the first batch. It’s wonderful with cheese and biscuits. Any which have come out too hot I just add to casseroles to taste.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, hope you are all well. Not the best of news at hospital today so new treatment starts next week. It’s starting to wear me down.
                          Thanks for listening guys, just had to say it out loud to someone. xx
                          sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Oh Jay, i'm sorry to hear that and I can understand you feeling worn down by it all. (big gentle hug), xxx
                            Northern England.

Comment

• So sorry to hear that, Jay. I hope things improve for you.

Comment

• Greenishfing ,Nicos. Jelly kind of what I meant. Herb ones sound good too.
                                But I forgot to buy sugar yesterday so won't be making it yet.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X