This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    Glad to hear you are improving Flo. Interesting info there Snoop about the new variant- thanks for sharing.

We have rain!…. Much needed tbh after this last mini heatwave.

Today we’ll be packing for our trip to the uk and then get on top of some of the outdoor jobs. It’s usually the other way around and it’s a mad frenzy last thing throwing things into bags. This time I’m going to try and make it less stressful

I’m looking into harvesting my winter squash. Not quite sure if they are ready enough yet but I’m worried if we leave them they’ll be susceptible to frost…..IF there is one. The plants are green and thriving and put on loads of new growth after the hot weather. I should at least cut those back.

What temperatures did you hit over this last week Snoop?

Right - brew time over- plenty still left in the pot if anyone fancies any?
    Enjoy your day peeps.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      What temperatures did you hit over this last week Snoop?
      34 ºC. Too hot to be outdoors doing things.

Comment

• We have a breezy 15 degrees, if the grass dries out I might get some of it cut, I have to do a bit at a time as doing the whole lot wears me out, have a good day all.

Comment

• Good afternoon.

The rain has been coming down like stair rods this morning, but has just about dried up now. There is a really cold wind however. My feet were frozen when I came in. I think the sandals might have to go into hibernation for the Winter shortly. Maybe trainers and boots time of year coming shortly.

We've been food shopping this morning so the fridge is full again. I did manage to resist buying any chocolate.

Comment

• 14 degrees here Burnie. Take care cutting that grass! I've managed to clear my tomato plants out of the veg trugs. I thought it was green bin day today, but it must have been last week, I'm losing track. Think I might put tulips in the trugs again, they were very cheery last spring Dare say I could put pansies in the top so I'm not looking at bare earth for months.
            I decided to buy a folding high chair to ease the pressure on my hip when I'm baking, etc. I've taken delivery of it today and can't unfold it! Not sure if it's faulty or I just can't fathom it, so son in law is calling to have a look.
            Last edited by Florence Fennel; 03-10-2023, 02:31 PM.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Most of the grass cut about a third left to do then strim the edges, quite windy now but still mild and the sun is trying to warm us up a bit.

Comment

• Afternoon., its been fairly cool and rainy here today no shorts plus I had to wear a coat.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It’s been a nippy 18C today - with rain - that’s a 10C drop overnight.
                  Not managed to get much constructive stuff done today apart from a bit of packing.
                  I need to shake a leg….
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• A nippy 18°C? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Nippy?

Comment

• Morning all.

Feeling very autumnal here today. Due to brighten up a bit later.

Mr Snoop's birthday today. You wouldn't know it, mind, as he brought me a cup of tea in bed and has just made me breakfast. Anyway, nice lunch and supper ahead. Which reminds me, I must get naan dough on the go shortly as we're having a curry. Profiteroles for afters and I can't believe I've never made choux pastry but I can't remember having done so. The smiles will be long gone by the time I get to the chocolate sauce, so I won't have them flapping about me and getting chocolate all over the place.

In between times, work as per and pick up the car from the mechanic. The problem didn't show up while he was driving it, so he's worked on the most likely reasons and fingers crossed. It does pay to have a mechanic you trust in these situations.

Right, better get on with the show. Have a great day, everyone.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 04-10-2023, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Morning

I think this winter we won't be needing the electric blanket those winceyette/brushed cotton sheets i bought last week feel much warmer than our usual cotton sheets, there's none of that chill when you first get in bed

Gardening and visiting today.

Happy birthday to MrSnoop
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Very grey here, but not raining. I'll be calling round with my brother-in-law's shopping soon and going to pick something up from the outskirts of the city that I've ordered on click and collect.

Snoop, I've always used the Be-ro book for choux pastry with no problems.

Comment

• Good morning, cold and wet today, 11°c and central heating which is set for 15°c came on this morning, I think I will drop the set point a bit more and if OH feels cold we could always cuddle in to share body warmth, yes I know what you are thinking, that I am so kind, willing to make such a sacrifice for OH right need to move, get the breakfast dishes done then hoovering and dusting before heading out to collect flowers for a funeral service in the church, have a good day whatever the weather and Flo hope you are feeling a lot better, enjoy your time with Chester
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Thanks rary Dull here but I'm hoping it brightens for my laundry. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Been raining here this morning and there's a chill in the air, glad I cut the grass yesterday but I can still hear it growing.............................

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X