Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Still very cold and starting to rain here. Nicos I think you're officially bonkers! Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I love the sound of your windsock, Bren. I keep meaning to ask about it. Is it one like you see at the side of the road or more decorative? The other day I read about the Japanese having windsocks in the shape of koi carp and it struck me as a lovely idea.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        A definite change in the weather here.
        Not a sign of frost and it's a balmy 8 degs.
        Nothing planned for the day but plenty to keep me going.

Nicos, enjoy the evening, but rather you than me,

Bren, a question, where did you buy the wind sock, I would love to get one.

Enjoy your day peeps and stay warm and dry.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• in my mind i see Bren's windsock like those you see at the airport
          Northern England.

Comment

• Good mother all.

A couple of years ago the local window cleaner packed in after a bad fall. I'd never seen another in this area until yesterday. There were two of them with a van and ladders. I watched them cleaning a neighbours windows and then grabbed them. The outside of my windows and my sills are now sparkling all for the unbelievable price of a fiver (I actually gave him ten pounds as I know how filthy they were) and he says he'll be around every 3 or 4 weeks. 😊👍 I must now clean all the insides.

We're actually up to a cloudy damp 6°C today.

I think it's time for elevenses now. I'll go and organise it.

Comment

• Our window cleaner came yesterday so I'm doing mine inside now GF! I've always been curious about Bren's sock!

Comment

• And there was me plucking up the courage to ask. Looks like lots of us are interested in your sock, Bren In Pots.

Comment

• Our first wind sock was a very decorative fish but it ran away in a gale, since then MrPots makes them out of old cagoules or tent fabric.
                  Edited to say not the best photo it’s too windy the socks green with black and red streamers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	716af9d4-0e51-4899-814d-9cd7386d231e.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	436.6 KB ID:	2573896
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 20-01-2024, 11:16 AM.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ^Amazing. Thanks for sharing, Bren. I've been longing to see it. It's a very dramatic sight. And that's a proper pole, as well. I'm inspired. Thanks again.

Comment

• The cat's alive and satisfied Thanks Bren, great sock!

Comment

• Oooh great sock
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Coincidentally Bren, your photo let me get today's Phrazle in one!

Comment

• evening all, well sitting here in the mancave its currently 26c I've got a a hoodie on and a blanket andI'm frozen ... I think its Manflu ... can be a killer

still, I get to snuggle up to Mrs G to help keep warm

Amazing sock Bren...
                            Last edited by nick the grief; 20-01-2024, 06:42 PM.
                            ntg
                            Never be afraid to try something new.
                            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                            ==================================================

Comment

• Thanks for sharing Bren..
                              Looks like you had a very windy day. 😃

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Well…we survived!.. Two hrs was max even with the firepit lit..it was our toes which gave up first. Just goes to show how important good footwear is in the winter! Having said that, it is -3C out there at the moment.

Great windsock Bren…I too have always been curious!
                                Our local farmers’ stockists used to sell a hawk shaped kite on a massive pole to scare birds away from crops….a bit like this but more than 10 x the price!..
                                https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/birds-s...RD7KID464UOEHS
                                I always thought that that was a multi tasking alternative to a windsock as well as protecting crops.
                                Is your situated near your veggie patch Bren? Do you think it scares away the birds?I’d be tempted to sew on two big predictor eyes on that….but then again , you now officially know how bonkers I can be!

We saw a massive moon halo tonight. I’ll try and post a piccie of it.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X