This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is this YH snoop?

Not too wet a walk but it's grim now, I can see the rain drifting left to right . It says 10degrees on the weather thingy but feels colder than that.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      Its a rather blustery ‘ Tupperware’ sky sort of day ( remember that flat pale grey colour of lid they used to have?)

Not quite sure what today has in store for us, not a lot probably so I’ll get my knitting out and see if I can make a peak for a bobble hat…bit of a strange, but logical idea as a special request.
      Hopefully if the wind drops I’ll be able to go a bit more gardening.

OH’s surgery went well yesterday and he now has a nurse doing home visits every two days to change the dressings. “Around 7am good for you?” He asked No complaints tbh- waaay better than having to queue up at a GP surgery and wait for a nurse surrounded by lots of coughing people!

Glad your ‘helper’ is fitting in so well Snoop, hopefully he’ll want to be returning for more. ‘Helper’ probably isn’t doing him justice as I bet he’s really getting stuck in with the heavy manual stuff.

Have a great day peeps- those smiles went skitting overhead a short while ago….

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• [QUOTE=Containergardener;n2576390]Who is this YH snoop?

Young helper. Sorry, abbreviated from yesterday to save writing it out every time. Son of friends, waiting to go to university and filling in time by working to save money for when he gets there and a bit of travelling before. Son of friends. We know him well, since he was born in fact. He's grown into fantastic young man.

Yes, Nicos, he's doing a lot of the heavy lifting and has split some big logs for me. But there's a fair amount of standing around as well. Just as well it's sunny and not last week's weather, a very strong cold wind.

Comment

• Good morning all.

The sun peeped out for a short while earlier but things are back to normal now. We still have lots of standing water around too. The soil is very boggy.

Mr GF asked me to order him some CDs of seventies hits on Sunday. He saw it in the newspaper. It has just arrived. I'd completely forgotten about such daft songs as "Ernie (the fastest milkman in the West)" by Benny Hill and "I've got a brand new combined harvester" by the Wurzels. I also got a parcel from one of my nieces with some sachets of protein powder as I was telling her mother, my sister that Mr GF's favourite food is tomato soup but I feel quite guilty giving it to him as it really is such a low protein meal. I'll get him to try the different flavours that she's sent.

Nicos, I hope Mr Nicos heals quickly. Mr GF had surgery on his hand a few years ago (Bank Holiday emergency clinic for DIYers) when he attempted to amputate his index finger with a circular saw. You would never even know now.

​​​​​​​Snoop, your YH sounds amazing.

Comment

• Morning all.

Yes, GF. Amazing is the word.

Sun is just coming up and it's going to be bright all day, apparently. Just a touch of frost out on the drive but 2 ºC at the corral gate. So warming up.

Mr Snoop is taking one of the cars for its ITV today. Fingers crossed. He's been using to shift big lumps of stone and bales of hay these last couple of days. We keep talking about not needing it, but it does jobs neither of the other cars are really suitable for. After these last few days, looks like we'll be keeping it.

Beautiful Mrs Blackbird out in the corral at the moment. I can't see her very well, though. The window is a disgrace, but we keep it that way to stop the birds flying into it. They're not used to glass out in the sticks.

Right, I've made a big pot of tea if anyone fancies a cup. It's the tea pot from the Gardener's Rest, so it never goes cold. Help yourselves.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning Snoop
              Ah I see re YH, excellent having and extra pair of hands and good for him. Send him here next please .
              Good luck with test.
              I slept in this mornig and somehow feel worse for it
              Would love a cuppa tea.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Testing is different here in the UK Snoop, news cars have their first test at 3 years after that its yearly, hope your car passes today with flying colours.

Rain here today so I'm glad I did the Grory hop yesterday afternoon, plus the supermarket is less busy on Wednesdays.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning.

I somehow managed to read the time wrong this morning and so got up a couple of hours before I meant to. Never mind I feel rested and it was enjoyable drinking coffee and watching the antics of the blackbirds. There is one greedy female who is intent on getting her fair share of food and is more than capable of scaring off the male blackbirds and the pigeons. It's grey and murky here, just for a change, with rain forecast later.

Thinking about YH, Snoop, I remember a teenage male grandson of an elderly friend asking me once what he could buy her for a present when he was skint. I suggested he offer a day or half day of his time and ask her to write out a list of jobs that she needed help with. Teenagers often don't realise how valuable their energy and/or knowledge of modern technology can be.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                    Thinking about YH, Snoop, I remember a teenage male grandson of an elderly friend asking me once what he could buy her for a present when he was skint. I suggested he offer a day or half day of his time and ask her to write out a list of jobs that she needed help with. Teenagers often don't realise how valuable their energy and/or knowledge of modern technology can be.
                    Very true, GF.

Comment

• Good Morning All . Dull but fine. My youngest son is my YH, even though he's 46! Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Haha good training by you then FF I am my mums YH
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning, hope you are all well! A damp morning this morning. Having a rest day before heading off with family for a weeks hols… when I say hols I mean Centre Parcs, not so restful!! At least that’s only 4 days out of the week. Heard it’s really expensive so better raid the piggy bank.
                          Have a great day everyone, hope your car passes its test with flying colours Snoop!! x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Enjoy your break away Jay xx
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I read that as enjoying the biscuit 'breakaway' then Bren, seem to have a sweet tooth today

Still raining
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Enjoy your hols Jay don't forget the postcard, does anyone send them now I wonder.
                                Last edited by Containergardener; 14-03-2024, 04:15 PM.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X