This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    The drawers have been emptied and "tidied", using the term very loosely. Actually I didn't realise how many batteries I had (all together now). how many Stanley knives (and extra blades). As for pens and pencils...... I have put all the odd nuts, bolts, screws, etc in a big pot out of sight. Packs of elastic and spare seeing machine needles are with the sewing machine.

Although far from perfect I now know what is in there again and there is spare room for emergency dumping again. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220306_131747.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	547.0 KB
ID:	2542374
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220306_131712.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	503.2 KB
ID:	2542375
    Is anyone running a book on how long GFs drawers stay tidy
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, a nice day again though a bit cold if you weren't moving about, church this morning then this afternoon our son and family dropped in for a short time, once they went home I put some cloches out on one of the beds, I feel that I have been neglecting the garden a bit this year I don't even have any tomato seeds sown yet, so time to get a move on, had intended going more for flowers this year but the way things are shaping up I'm now looking to planting veg like beetroot and chard among the flowers.
      Well have a good week and remember to smile its not just yourself who will feel the benifit of that Goodnight
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Hi all,
        I thought I'd drop in and say hello I hope you are all well! It's been a crazy busy year and a half for me, with a new job, new partner, new house and new stepdaughter - phew!

The new house comes with a huge garden, so now I don't need an allotment (and my two plots were too far away, so I've given them up). We have lovely views over the rolling hills of the Lincolnshire wolds and it's a lovely little village. Lots of garden projects going on - I'm siting a new 8x8 greenhouse, we're planning a summer house and the removal of an old one, just filled in a pond that was no use, nor ornament (straight walls, very deep and no wildlife) and a soggy lawn that needs draining. It's all good fun

I seem to not be able to find a link to all new posts on this forum - is there one please?
        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely to see you Sarriss. Sounds like a completely different life for you!…I hope you’ll be very happy.

’New Topics’ - top left - brings up the latest posts in various threads.

We’re off out soon to take the camper to the garage for its replacement windscreen so ,as it’s nots nearby,rather than driving back and forth several times we’ll be doing a grory hop in the new Lidl and a big DIY shop. So hopefully after that not too much hanging around.
          So , just time for a quick cuppa - I’ll leave them on a tray outside your bedrooms.

Enjoy your day peeps - will see you later.

Oooohhhh…was that the Smiles whizzing by? They didn’t stop - must be cold up there.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.
            Thanks for the tea, Nicos, perfectly timed.
            The smiles will have to jump up and down a bit here as it's quite chilly, though no actual frost. Looks like it will turn out sunny, so no doubt they'll hang around. I need to weed the borders at the front of the house, they've not been touched since Autumn and I can see a few perennial types in there, plus lots of nigella where they are not wanted among the thyme.

Have a good day all
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Lovely, lovely, lovely to see you, Sarriss. Sounds like you've had an amazing 18 months or so. Congratulations. Hope you have a great growing year in your new home.

Cold here and rather than just grey, it's actually raining. Decent rain too, not just a bit of drizzle that dries up the instant it hits the ground. Bit more tomorrow, then a lull of a few days and then the forecast is for a whopper amount of rain. Fingers crossed.

Sorry the smiles shot straight past you, Nicos. Hope they catch you on the way back. And jumping up and down would seem to be one of the things they do best, Mothhawk, if their behaviour here is anything to go by. In fact, they weren't that keen to go out this morning, they've got so unused to starting off in the wet here. So I made some toast (no crumpets) with salted butter and that cheered them up no end. Me too, it has to be said.

Not got that much work on today but I'm sure I can find something to fill the time. Mr Snoop has gone into town and is buying eggs, so a cake is probably on the cards.

And Rary, speculating on a lady's drawers is just not the done thing!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Nicos I'll have a look on-line after I've given up looking in the house, I hate it when I can't find something.

Good to see you posting Sarris all the best with your new home, garden and family.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Saris, great to hear that life is treating you well.

There has been a frost overnight but it's now a chilly 2°C with thick clouds. I think the temperature is expected to reach the dizzying heights of 7°C later.

I really must get a bed at the allotment ready for my potatoes, which are happily chitting on the lounge windowsill, soon but the ground is still just so, so wet. The trouble with my clay is turns from mud to concrete so quickly with barely a pause inbetween.

I also must make an appointment for a care home visit.

Comment

• Good morning.
                    Sarris, sounds like you're life has been very busy for the last year and a half.
                    Hope you have a great growing season.

Snoop the smiles are very happy here this morning as its sunny and warm.

Nicos enjoy your day trip.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, I found the washing machine instructions hiding amongst Angle grinder instructions.

Its been cold and sunny here with bits of rain.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        Afternoon, I found the washing machine instructions hiding amongst Angle grinder instructions.

Its been cold and sunny here with bits of rain.
                        Bren, I really don't want to upset you but you sound only slightly more organised than me🙄.

Comment

• Good Evening All I am so tired. WFH today so that was a blessing after the weekend of shifting stuff from storage upstairs back into kitchen cupboards and it's still not all done. The windows need cleaning, there's still a thick layer of dust in the living room and I've run out of energy. However, the Glory Hole is no more, well, for the time being anyway and I've bought a new microwave that sits in the corner of the worktop. I've retired the old one, it's worked so hard these last four months. I can't get my kitchen/dining room contents back from storage until the 16th!
                          Congratulations Sariss and welcome back.
                          BTW I think the contents of my junk drawer went into a box and into storage so that will be fun when it comes back
                          Last edited by Florence Fennel; 07-03-2022, 08:01 PM.
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh Flo, wish I lived near to help you out,
                            Dont give up now, youre nearly there.
                            Early night, good sleep and batteries recharged.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              And Rary, speculating on a lady's drawers is just not the done thing!

Have a great day, everyone.
                              Thanks for that info Snoop I know you will find it hard to believe, but I must admit that I can get into trouble all by my self, so I don't need any help

Comment

• Good evening, a sunny day again but felt a bit cold, did a bit of housework before going out with the dogs, thought I would take them a good long walk and while out got a phone call from daughter to see if I could take oldest grandson to the doctors as he had an appointment for the back of twelve, which meant instead of a nice leasurly walk I had to step it out to get back home in time to pick him up fortunately I managed with a wee bit of time to spare, once I dropped him off and back home for lunch just finished that when son and DiL dropped in on the cadge for paint rollers, I'm convinced my family don't know shops have so many things in store that they sell them he went away with rollers and a big tub of paint, the one good thing about that means his mother can't turn round and say, see that tub of paint, you could..... Well keep safe and warm tomorrow and try to pass on a smile​​​​​​. Goodnight

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X