This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon n

no peat free compost here either MH… well..I’ve never seen any and always ask

We had really heavy rain over night , then clear skies - so we’ve grabbed the moment to get on with more gardening before the impending rain clouds reach us.
    Time for a quick brew later.
    Love the idea of those sausage rolls Flo!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• As the compost was only 10 litres it's not worth taking it back since I can't prove there were fungus gnats in it as they all flew off, but I will email the company and let them know my displeasure! I had always assumed that purchased compost would be sterile like JI is.

Ooh, Flo, sausage rolls! Delicious! I haven't had any for ages as they have sooo many calories.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good evening and I thank you for the best wishes, just a, quick call as I, unlike Snoop I am having play and exercise all with the one activity also Snoop with that comment about everyone seeing you email address, in my picture of some of you, if they are looking over there shoulder, all the will see is their bot​​​​​​, right back to the play and exercise, still time for a quick swim before evening meal, have a good evening and please pass on some smiles, remember as I am out and about you may be passing on a smile to me
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Just another quicky, which I felt I needed to pass on, mothhawk, I doubt if any peat free compost is sterilised, as you are advised to keep your head well back when opening the bags as there is a danger of getting legionnaires disease
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
            Just another quicky, which I felt I needed to pass on, mothhawk, I doubt if any peat free compost is sterilised, as you are advised to keep your head well back when opening the bags as there is a danger of getting legionnaires disease
            That is truly shocking!

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright today, but cold enough last night for the range to be lit. Same again for the coming week. Dry for at least the next couple of weeks. Looks like we might have to get the pump going and give the fruit trees a drink some time this week.

Yesterday didn't quite go according to plan. I ended up having rather a long nap. Must have needed it, but need to get through a bit more work today. So better get on with the show.

Have a great day, everyone and enjoy the smiles.

Comment

• Good Morning All and congratulations rary, hope someone's bought you a variety of tins and some glass ​​​​
                Sunny and cold here. Is it next week the clocks go forward?
                Just waiting for my son to bring breakfast. Happy Mothering Sunday
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

A dry sunny day here, my GH temp is 27c and auto-vents are open. So it looks like a a good day to spend outdoors.

You're right Flo its next week for clocks

Enjoy your day.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers on here…and also a good day to reflect on mothers who are no longer with us .

Oh gosh!..I’d never even thought about Legionnaires Disease associated with compost Thanks for the heads up Rary!

We have a sunny start today after torrential rain in the night.

OH and friend are cutting back a sycamore which has potential to interfere with the phone lines. Our high speed internet will go through the phone lines so everyone in the locality has been told to cut back anything which might cause problems when they replace the cables.
                    Our internet has become really bad since the storms a couple of weeks ago, no idea why as it’s 4G rather than through the land lines. It’s one of the reasons I’ve not been able to get on much recently.

Right…I best go and sort out some bbq food then hopefully garden between the rain showers .

Congrats today Rary - thinking of you both. Hope the weather is being kind to you xx

Thanks for the heads up about the clocks changing…I’d forgotten about that

Enjoy your day peeps

Comment

• Afternoon all, hope you enjoyed your breakfast Flo!
                      rary, I didn’t know that about peat free compost either, thanks for the heads up. Hope you are having a lovely time in the Lake District!
                      Im thinking of extricating the ironing board from its hiding place, bedding to do…just thinking about it mind!
                      Have a great day everyone, catch you all later. x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good evening all
                        Hope all the mothers on here had a lovely mothering Sunday
                        Like Nicos said, remembering all our mothers who are no longer with us and made us the people we are today.

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Rary, hope you enjoy your break.

Another lovely sunny day here, we are bring really lucky with the weather,
                        This time last year we had a sand storm that lasted for a week.

Have a good evening sll.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hi everyone! It's a long time since I was here. I got too busy with other stuff for a couple of years, during which my garden has become more like a jungle. But now things have changed and I'm hoping to have the time and energy to get it more in order. I managed to successfully grow some chillies last year. I also had lots of tomato plants but they were planted out a bit too late, then we got weeks of drought followed by rain and blight, so not much was harvested from them. Hoping for more success this year. It's great to see some of the people I used to know are still here, and I look forward to getting to know the newer members. By the way, I'd lost my password but had no problem resetting it and keeping my original username. That was a welcome surprise, as some people seem to have had a lot of difficulty with it.

Comment

• Evening and welcome back Zelenina I think lots of us had problems growing veg last year, I’m hoping for this growing season to be better.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Great to have you back Zelenina.
                              I think we’re all experimenting with our veggie growing given the changes in climate

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                                Another good thing I did, as well as finding the seat belt, was set up a couple of new social media accounts despite being a luddite and new-technophobe. FB wouldn't let me set up a Snoop Puss one - not a real identity, they claim. Pah! What do they know?
                                Facebook wouldn't let you have Snoop Puss as a personal profile, but you could probably have it as a FB page and/or group if you wanted. I haven't tried Mastodon yet but I know a lot of people have been moving over to it from Twitter since Elon Musk took over. Don't know much about Proton. Is it similar? I have a couple of Twitter accounts but not under my own name and not gardening related. I also manage some FB pages and groups but again not gardening related. I could set one up if people would join it and a few would help with admin & modding.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X