Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh gosh….guess what I really fancy….toast and lemon curd!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Oh gosh….guess what I really fancy….toast and lemon curd!
      It's lethal stuff. Or it would be in the quantities I would eat if I could.

Comment

• I've not had lemon curd for ages, the last time was in some tarts. Must try it again.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all,had a lovely,lovely day,i can now say officially, I as from now have a new man in my life,we both feel the same, lucky to have found each other,and lives local,am so happy,it just feels so right,,have a lovely evening everyone,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Congratulations, LD. Special delivery of smiles for you tomorrow. Mind you, I bet you've got plenty of your own.

Comment

• Yip yip yippee Lottie!…I’m so pleased for you xx
              He's a lucky man x

Comment

• Yikes - just seen our new forecast for tonight has dropped to 0 C
                I ‘ve covered all the window boxes filled with very healthy looking geraniums. Pity really. I need to bring them in tomorrow as it’s going to drop further…..So much for crossing my fingers for a flowery start to December.

Comment

• Good night girls,hope i can have a decent sleep for a change,we meeting again on Friday,sweet dreams all
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

I had a good night's kip. Hope you did too, LD. And everyone else.

Busy, busy day for me. Worse than usual by far. The smiles shot off as soon as they saw the determined look on my face this morning. Doubtless they'll be glad to see you all!

First job, go and generate some electricity. It's so cloudy out there, the solar panels are doing nothing at all. In fact, there could even be some Ambleside-style drizzle going on out there.

Have a great day on my behalf, everyone! And your own, of course.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first not to sure after that.

Congrats Lottie its good to hear happy news.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. It's good to hear that you are happy LD. Long may it last.

Contrary to all the forecasts there is a strange yellow orb in the sky this morning🌞🌞🌞. I'd almost forgotten what it looked like it's so long since we've seen it. We should have fog at the moment and then cloud all day. Yesterday Mr GF was watching a TV programme about the big freeze of 1963 and one of the presenters was muttering about how they could only manage to forecast 24 hours ahead in those days.....even with their super computers they don't seem to have improved an awful lot. That Winter I remember a local farmer had an old barn next to the road I lived on and he went round it smashing off the icicles that were about 4 feet long and looked like stalactites. He said he was frightened one would fall and kill a passer by.

1st of December today. Time to get my chocolate Advent calender out.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Misty start here too, but no frost! Looks like my geraniums will live to see another day!

1st indeed gf…I’ve opened my chocolate window - yum
                          I too just about remember the 1963 winter - it’s when I walked on the sea in Blackpool - yup, the first few feet at the shoreline was frozen. I really must go through my father’s slides and find that photo. What sticks in my mind is that it wasn’t smooth and flat but really bumpy and difficult to walk on. Oh and my mom having kittens when I headed off away from the shoreline to thinner ice…
                          But 4ft icicles gf??? Wow.

Lakeland drizzle Snoop?…ha, I know it well

More ironing for me today…..little and not very often is my plan of attack!

Anyone fancy a brew…there’s plenty in the pot….

Comment

• Good morni g all.
                            A misty start but now I see patches of blue sky.
                            Out for a walk and then a trip to the library to pick up a book for the weekend.
                            Some domestics this afternoon, the big day is getting closer.

Lottie, delighted to hear your good news, long may you e happy.

I remember the big freeze of 1963, our busses stopped running and I had to walk to work,

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,cannot remember the big freeze,but 4ft icicles,these days he would realy panic,as sombody try to make a claim hum hum,glad your geraniums are ok,frozen sea wow,have heard of it does happen,Nicos,happy ironing,i think were in for a bit of a stinker winter this time round,gave the smiles a wave as they passed by,thank you for the good wishes,we both felt good about each other from the start,plus both our families are very happy we found some happiness in our later years,so never up,life goes on it mysterious ways,have a good day all and Bgood2yourselves,stay warm

Comment

• Well…I just had to goooogle didn’t I

St Annes near Blackpool winter of ‘62/63…
                                https://amounderness.co.uk/1962-3_winter.html

Thats exactly as I remember how uneven it all was!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X