X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening all,
    Not the best afternoon for me.
    Spent it in the hospital day ward having a mole removed from my eyebrow.
    I knew it was upcoming as I had been given the appointment about 8 weeks ago.
    Home now with a black eye and a few stitches but at least it's done.
    Have a good night all,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I hope you recover quickly Bramble. Did they warn you about the black eye in advance?

We had a nice afternoon. Mr GF's sailing friend came to see us and then another old friend who had served in WW2 and been to a memorial service and meal earlier unexpectedly appeared.... so plenty laughs and much "putting the world to rights"

Comment

• Hope you soon have a speedy recovery Bramble xx
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hope you make a speedy recovery, Bramble.

Meanwhile, it's raining here... Hard.

Comment

• Good morning. The forecast says it should be foggy now but all I can see is a pale blue sky and sunshine. What a surprise! The washer is whirring away in anticipation of a drying day. There is no rain forecast until Tuesday ...... that probably means we'll get some every day now.....not that I'm a cynic......

Comment

• Morning

GF we had your share of the fog earlier its mostly cleared now and we have sunshine. Sorting through apples this morning then finding homes for them because there's only so much apple puree, sauce, juice and slices I need.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                Morning

GF we had your share of the fog earlier its mostly cleared now and we have sunshine. Sorting through apples this morning then finding homes for them because there's only so much apple puree, sauce, juice and slices I need.

Enjoy your day.
                A cook at a local community centre was more than happy with some of mine. They have subsidised get togethers and meals for varying groups every week.
                Last edited by greenishfing; 12-11-2022, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n
                  And a lovely sunny but frosty start to the day for me.
                  yikes bramble …but it’s going to feel so much better once you’ve healed. Speedy recovery x …Best treat yourself to something…go on….personally I’d go for a Lion Bar … well , any chocolate tbh…but in moderation, so every 2 hours rather than hourly!!!!

I fancy doing a bit of driveway weeding - after all the rain we’ve had they are easy to pull up. Cutting the lawn yesterday …(Yeh - it’s ongoing)I spotted we have a large clump of massive mushrooms. Clearly not field mushrooms though. Looks like the spores may have come from the nearby woodpile. No doubt the frost will have seen them off.

I’ve noticed Find My Past is offering free use this weekend so I might just light the wood stove and hunker down printing off info not on Ancestry. I shouldn’t really - thank goodness I can hide my ‘ to do list’ Snoop

My arm is only slightly sore but OH has had a 24 hr ‘hangover’ from his Pfizer jab. Much better this morning. I think I got off very lightly,,. Yippeee!

Anyone fancy a brew?
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Bren… if you have room in your freezer, how about freezing some of the apples then throw several at a time onto the lawn during the winter for the blackbirds etc?

Comment

• Good morning all,
                      Had a lie in so late on parade.

Thank you all for your kind wishes, feeling quite sore today but it wont last for ever.
                      Yes, GF, they warned me about the black eye, hubby is mortified in case he gets the blame.
                      No plans for the day but I'm sure I will find plenty to do if I feel like it.
                      Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Very sunny evening, but very chilly due to the damp

I ended up sewing a felt cow for my granddaughter and doing some family tree stuff.
                        Domestics tomorrow….

Anyone got some strange plants in flower?

Comment

• By heck but it's wet here... Getting on for 200 litres per square meter in the last twelve hours but no idea how much fell overnight. Just as well we made the preparations we did because then we could concentrate on the disasters. The basement is now pumped out, pretty much. But the valley, a catchment for a huge area of high land, is now a fast-flowing river. I'd post a short video but no idea how. No contact with our friends down the valley, so hope they're OK. No chance of getting down there either.

Anyway, we're alive and well. But we would have made quite a sight if anyone had been there to see us. Bailing out in our birthday suits (no point wearing clothes or even macs as we got soaked through in minutes).

Dogs and cats OK too.

Comment

• Evening, hope you and your neighbours are ok Snoop, it does sound scary.

We’ve given away a lot of apples problem is once they’re of the tree the don’t keep more than a couple of weeks. Oddly last year the same 2 trees only produced 5 apples between them.

Comment

• Snoop that sounds like a nightmare. I just checked, it was only yesterday you said your forecast was for one centimetre. Ooops! Memories of Micheal Fish in there somewhere. I hope that it's stopped now and that you've got somewhere warm and dry to sleep.

Comment

• Oh wow Snoop - what a nightmare
                                Thank goodness you were prepared - glad you are all ok. Fingers crossed your fields and crops haven’t been a wash out….?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X