This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Up before the larks today for some reason. Temperatures are plummeting now. Low of 6 ºC in our stone-walled corral this morning. No sign of frost on the cars, which are in a bit of a cold pocket. Apparently temperatures will be back to normal for the time of year next week. It will be a shock for all the wildlife. The birds have given up looking for autumn roosting spots and at least one robin is behaving like it's spring.

Hope you enjoyed using your new pot, Bren.

Busyish day ahead here. Friends coming for a flying visit tomorrow, so need to get organising for them. The smiles decided to set off while it was still dark, as I was wafting the broom about a bit too vigorously for their liking. So you'll see them early today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Those smiles passed by earlier carrying their brollies…having said that, it’s still unusually warm for this time of the year.
      It really is lovely seeing the lawns looking so green. I stop and admire them through the windows although I swear I can hear/ see the grass growing!

Did everyone remember to put their clocks back an hour? We just need to do the car and camper clocks now.
      Its going to be a shock tonight isn’t it!

We’re hoping to say goodbye to some nearby , second home owning,neighbours later on today as they have sold their house - but it needs to be outdoors…and it’s raining Sad to see them go but it’s good to have had them in our lives.

Apart from that, I’m thinking I fancy spending the day doing family tree research and contacting and nattering with friends and family members. A good ‘me time’ wet Sunday - that’ll be a change!
      I best go hide that ‘to do list’ first!

Anyone fancy another brew?????
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

I hope everyone has remembered to alter their clocks. Many years ago my sister managed to change hers the wrong way and insisted she was right and everyone else was wrong of course. (Mr GF says that this is a trait common to all the females in my family!)

The weatherman definitely got his forecast wrong for here yesterday. Despite his predictions of a lovely afternoon here we continued to get unrelenting rain and we still have drizzle. I'm hoping the sun gets to peep out later.

Comment

• The sun’s not here either gf….I wonder who’s hogging it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            The sun’s not here either gf….I wonder who’s hogging it?
            Ermm... that'll be me. At least for a bit. Back to clouds now.

Comment

• Afternoon all,sorry about the sun Nicos it is currently over my way,hope everyone is well,toms are slowly ripening what i picked the other day,as they do its sort wash and freeze,next week will have get some more squash in the freezer,would hate to loose it now,on a change of subject am concidering getting another piano,think i might have a place for it,i have lost a lot of it but would enjoy playing around,as i am now on my own i have none to moan like before,plus am detached,just a cheap used one,have a lovely afternoon all,the smiles were greeted and sent on their merry way,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

It’s been mostly raining here today with the odd sunny spell.
                Only gardening has been in the GH removing toms that have finished. It’s supposed to be dry tomorrow so I can spread more dalek compost on my beds.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  It's been a lovely sunny day here.
                  The last weekend of our holidays so we spent it walking by the beach.
                  The temp get up to 23 degs today and it's currently at 19 .
                  Lots of activity here as it's a long weekend.
                  Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• What a lovely idea, LD. I have never been able to play an instrument (recorders don't count, I fear).

Comment

• LD if you enjoy it you should do it. Another totally non-musical person here who endured a whole 5 years of totally non-productive piano lessons. I never had any aptitude whatsoever but admire anyone who has.

Comment

• i had a few lessons as a kid,or so i was tolled,only some things have sunk in,i can read music to a point,and never ever got to grips wih timings,and never will,but since joining my choir,are now thinking it would do me good,as i feel stired on by our choir master,i will never be any reall good only to myself,hehehe it will be a different distraction over the coming months,and Snoop,a recorder is an instrument,the skill in playing that is,knowing what holes to cover up to produce the notes,also reading the music,so if you can make notes on one,you better than me lass,had a drive to sons hid out up the field this afternoon,we sat in the workshop chatting near a wood burner,so nice and relaxing,have a good nights sleep everyone,sweet dreams
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning

Its light out that will take a bit of getting used to, not been far only to the GH and to pick a few raspberries, at least its going to be a dry day.

Lottie we still have the piano our girls played but these days it rarely gets used it's more of a place to display photos now. If its something you're interested in go for it.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Mornin Bren n’alln’all

Was woken up stupidly early by Hibou - still in the old time zone

Apart from buying chook feed I’ve got nothing desperately needing doing today. ( yeh…weeding of course)
                            I’ll draw some Halloween faces on oranges for the fireplace and hang up some small paper ghosts as family tradition dictates…and bring in some fallen leaves .
                            Halloween spag bol for supper and watch a horror film - Wallace & Gromit’s The Curse of the Were-Rabbit ( cos I’m not good with horror) Got to make the effort eh?

Whats everyone else up to?
                            Anyone fancy a brew?

Comment

• I'm going to pick some apples and put them near the door incase we get trick or treaters no ones been for the last few years watch them call because I've no sweets to hand out.
                              We're watching Tim Burton's Corpse Bride I love his films.

Comment

• Good morning. I think we've already had today's ration of sunshine. The clouds have already congregated.

When I was young we didn't celebrate halloween at all. It didn't even get mentioned at school apart from having to write a poem about witches one year when I was about ten. Bonfire night however was looked forward to for weeks and tended to be a family, friends and maybe neighbours celebration in our gardens when all unwanted "rubbish" got added to the bonfire along with our homemade Guy. I think in those days gardens were bigger/less neat and there was always "spare" land around if needed.

Back on the subject of piano playing..... Mr GF had heard my mother saying that I had piano lessons when I was younger and for a birthday or Christmas about 20 years ago bought me an electronic keyboard. I did plinky plonk on it every so often. The bonus was I could plug in headphones so that nobody else had to suffer!

To all of you who celebrate Halloween I hope you have a spooky night!🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X