This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Actually , to me, a barm cake is flat , ( presumably cooked on both sides) and floured . Rounded ones are ‘bread rolls’ and long thin ones are ‘finger rolls’
    A ‘bun’ to me is sweet.
    Barm cakes we call oven bottoms, rounded ones are posh dinner rolls and long thin ones are hot dog rolls
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I call the long thin ones hot dog rolls as well Flo because that’s all I buy them for.
      I’ve tried in the past to bake my own but I couldn’t get them to be the shape I needed.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, cold and dull today, greenhouse was at -2c when I went in this morning, so put the fire on and got the temperature up to 35c not telling OH as she would want to sit in there, then it would be tidy this tidy that, put more wood on the fire, the temperature had dropped away down to 33c, as you will have gathered I have been in the greenhouse all morning just having a quick cuppa then going out to prepare a new bed I have made recently, I was going to use it for chrysants but not absolutely sure of that now with the shortages that are supposed to be happening, to be honest I have never had any problem with buying vegetables, (now there's a novelty, me saying I have never had a problem with buying 🙄) Flo you must have the same window cleaner as us, he hasn't been around here for moths, all this talk about barms and cobs, it's a foreign language to me, all those names ever heard of them before, I always thought cob was a type of building material well enjoy the rest of the day and pass on some smiles
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Cor blimey! Talk about a heavy frost!…it looked like it had snowed when I first looked out of the window. The sun is just peeking over the hill and the frost has that orange lovely glow about it.
          Clearly no gardening this morning!

We will be nipping out later to return the packet of Broad beans we bought the other day - every one has a hole in it…so we’ll swap them for some more potting compost and seed compost , then we’ll get the next batch from another source.

Rary - how fantastic having a woodstove in there. Can’t think of much in life to top being snuggly warm, looking at flames, surrounded by nature.Bliss. Can you heat things on top of it ( I’m wondering if you boiled a kettle on it for your brew)?

Talking of brews- kettle’s boiled…help yourselves.
          Keep warm peeps.
          No smiles yet Snoop ….are they snowed in?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

No snow here, Nicos. Too cold, too clear. But the smiles might have gone for a quick whizz round Barcelona, which has had snow. An unusual event, so they've probably gone for a flit through the towers at Sagrada Familia to make the most of it. I know I would.

Another ridiculously busy day today. I can't believe it's 1 March tomorrow. This year is going faster than last and that was speedy enough.

Better get on with the show, catch you all later.

Have a great da¡y, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Bright sunny and cold here but no frost.

Rary 35c is almost tropical think I'd find a comfy chair and stay in the GH for the day

Comment

• Good morning all.

No chance of sky watching last night as it was thick cloud again, and still is. A chilly 5°C. I've just been looking at the pictures of the snow in Barcelona.

I felt pretty grotty and achey first thing this morning, I feel as if I might be coming down with a cold 🤧. I hope not. I think the paracetamol are starting to take effect now though and a few hot toddies later might help too.

I think a quick grory hop this morning. I've just taken bread out of the breadmaker and set the washer off.

Comment

• Good Morning All Ner sner here either but it's cold and drizzly. Haircut for me later. Have a good day

Comment

• Hope you feel better soon GF

Comment

• Hope it’s not the darned C virus gf….speedy recovery x

We have utterly bitter winds here…nostril and earache sort of cold. I’m staying indoors..I did go out to do the hens, but unless this wind drops then I’m staying put in front of the woodfire …knitting.
                      OH offered to take the Broad beans back as he had to nip in somewhere nearby. Glad he did cos it probably saved us a fortune
                      I am sure to be tempted to lovingly sort out our seeds again…funny how they keep needing sorting isn’t it?

Have fun at the hairdressers Flo - are you having a similar cut to Bren….I would think it would suit you too. Very sophisticated .
                      Time yet for another brew?

Comment

• No Nicos I have a short , back and where's it gone! I've been sporting the floppy look for a couple of weeks, my hair grows like grass. Not complaining though

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Flo xx

Comment

• From your avatar, it looks remarkably similar to mine!

Comment

• Windswept and interesting

Comment

• Like a pair of bookends Flo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X