This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey…guess what?…we have sner!

Not a lot , just pretty little flocons drifting down.
    The blue sky changed to very cloudy and started to look rather yellow, so I’m not surprised.
    There really is something rather magical about watching snowflakes floating around isn’t there?
    I’m going to grab a brew and watch them through the window- so that’s where you’ll find me if I’m needed
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon, cloudy and cold today, was out shopping and OH wanted to buy some frozen veg, so thats the freezers full for a time, Bren if I put a comfy chair in the greenhouse OH would be out to see what I was doing with it, I can be just as comfortable with a hard chair and a stool for the feet, and OH staying in the house😁, I actually managed to keep the greenhouse temperature at +3 overnight so pleased at that, but think I will need to get the fan going for frost protection, I might give it a try and monitor the electricity usage with it running, so will take a reading tonight, check it in the morning then run it Wednesday night, I don't think it will finish up too expensive, but really need to monitor this, now for heading out to the greenhouse for a short time as I have to prepare for a meeting tonight, so keep well and behaving yourselves and remember to pass on smiles
      Ps. Nicos the top of the fire doesn't have room for a kettle but I do have an electric kettle in the hut, OH can't see what I am doing in there
      ​​​​​​
      ​​​​
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
        Its freezing cold and dull here.
        Just unpacked and put on a wash.
        Having a cuppa and a catch up on here.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I don't feel bad at all now, much more human😀. I did a quick zap around Aldi and got everything I needed......even tomatoes and amazingly bread flour which they haven't had in stock for a year or so. I only bought one bag of flour as I'll try it and make sure it's okay before I buy more. They also had cucumbers, peppers and aubergines etc....not that I wanted any today.

Although I feel much better I think I'll still have the hot toddies tonight however........just to be on the safe side.

Comment

• Afternoon

Nicos remember snow isn’t for sharing so feel free to keep it to yourself

GF when I asked about Aldi’s bread flour they said it was seasonal ​​​​​​ if you’ve got a Co-op near by they have both white and wholemeal strong bread flour for £1.45.
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 28-02-2023, 02:50 PM.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It’s stopped now Bren- hopefully not heading north….
              Last edited by Nicos; 28-02-2023, 03:18 PM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just back from the hairdresser. The car wouldn't start, but my son-in-law came to my rescue, got me there in time and waited for me. Lucky he was available.
                It's very cold so warming up with a cup of tea and a chocolate digestive or three
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  Afternoon

Nicos remember snow isn’t for sharing so feel free to keep it to yourself

GF when I asked about Aldi’s bread flour they said it was seasonal ​​​​​​ if you’ve got a Co-op near by they have both white and wholemeal strong bread flour for £1.45.
                  Bren, I don't really have a co-op locally. Only a tiny one attached to the local filling station with a very limited range of products. I can however buy Sainsbury's own brand bread flour in Sainsbury's and it is only £1.30 a bag but a trip to Sainsbury's is "dangerous" due to all the other unnecessary goodies that ambush my trolley and take up residence while I'm meandering around. Even more "dangerous" if Mr GF goes in with me....... Until covid the only time there was no bread flour in my local Aldi tended to be every August and I always had enough in my cupboard for a month or so. As long as I avert my eyes from the centre aisle Aldi is much less "dangerous" and I pretty much keep to my list.

Comment

• Afternoon

You’re right about the centre aisle, it’s a bit like going in a charity shop where you didn’t know you needed something till you spotted it.
                    MrPots calls it the ‘aisle of wonder’
                    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 28-02-2023, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Feels chilly out but no sner. It has to be really snowy everywhere else before we get any. Quick grory hop today then if it stays cold I'll be staying in and knitting.

Kettle's on as always
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning MH and All Chilly here and drizzling again. Frank is here and fast asleep - apparently he doesn't like early mornings! I'm glad to have his lead here for later as he thinks it's a good game to give us the runaround on the garden. Time for a coffee if you're making MH? I've already had a cup of tea. Have a good day All
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright blue out there but perishing cold. Lots to keep me indoors. Must take some time off to get going on the veg patch for real. Man with JCB coming at the weekend to look at all the rocks strewn by the storm over my patch down in the fields. Impossible for us to move them - there are a couple that weight a couple of tonnes apiece and loads of smaller, but still sizeable ones. Anyway, JCB man will focus my mind, so I'll be taking gardening leave soon.

Better get on with the work. The printers are waiting for me...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Rain here as well plenty to do in doors though. Might even have a look through my seed box.

Hope you soon have your veg patch back Snoop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              Hope you soon have your veg patch back Snoop.
                              Me too, Bren, me too.

Forgot to say earlier: pinch, punch, first of the month.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Not too bad a night's sleep and I feel more normal today. I'm sure the hot toddy helped.

It's very cloudy and according to the forecast rain is imminent. I think I might have a go at a Mary Berry lemon drizzle loaf later.

I hope your JCB man does a good job, Snoop. I wonder how on earth they used to move them in the "olden days". Horses??

Time now for another coffee.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X