Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The daffodils were substituted for "speciality" daffs which are lovely but look more like narcissus to me, but as they were twice the price, I'm very happy with them
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^^^ nice one Flo!
      Just got home from the grory hop and couldn’t find broad beans in three different places
      Not very popular it seems….one more place to try elsewhere with next weeks shop.

However, I did manage to buy the ball of wool I needed. I couldn’t find the colour anywhere - everything but the one I wanted, so I grappled away at the back of all the sections….and lo and behold….just the one hidden at the back. Phew….otherwise I’d of had to unravel a large section of my knitting to interchange the colours to match.

Its still pretty cold here - there was loads of snow by the sides of the road on higher ground, even though it’s actually 12C out of the wind!
      Did I treat myself to anything?…but of course!…butter flavoured crisps! Not one, but three packets…well, it IS my birthday coming up soon, diet or not!

Anyone fancy a brew?…kettle’s just boiled!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

Back home after a stroll, I should have worn a warmer coat but didn’t realise how much cool it was compared to this morning.

Pity about those Broad beans Nicos wonder if they’ve all been recalled.
        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 02-03-2023, 03:19 PM. Reason: Auto correct
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, at the church coffee morning earlier, then OH had an appointment with the physiotherapist, she is now very sore and has also to make an appointment for an x-ray, have been telling her for months to get her hip checked out, but you know what wives are like at least now we will find out what the problem is, after that we went up to see how daughter, she's very sore but managing, now need to go and collect two of the boys one from school the other from his work, though I will get the tea prepared first, that will save me fading away to a shadow waiting for my tea, all this talk of the cakes and breads just now, makes me feel hungry.
          Enjoy your evening and pass on the smiles ​​​​

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I forgot to mention that on the way to town, we noticed two kestrels locked together tumbling around fighting on the grass verge.
            We stopped to get a better look to see if they were actually ok as they were screeching at each other.
            They flew off separately as we stopped but they weren’t half going at each other. Presumably two males squabbling
            Never seen anything like that before!

Comment

• Evening all.
              Back home after a nice lunch and a catch up with friends.
              One couple have just come back from visiting family in Australia.
              They are really feeling the cold as they have Bern away for two months.

Rary hope your daughter and Mrs Rary are back on their feet soon.
              Have a good night all.
              Wrap up well, it's cold out there.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

No frost here today but as you say Bramble- it’s cold out there.

How are the family Rary?

All good here - domestics for me today.
                We have friends arriving next week for a couple of weeks mostly to help with the gardening…and the forecast for most of it so far is rain and snow Time will tell , I’m sure there will be plenty of breaks in the weather to get the basics done. Every bit helps eh?

I’m not sure what’s into my OH…this morning I woke to the smell of bread…I’m not quite sure what part of dieting he’s not understanding!
                Keep warm everyone, this cold blast has a way to go yet from the look of things.
                Enjoy your day - almost weekend

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright but with a bit of hazy cloud scattered about. Due to get very cloudy later. Very cold again last night and also very cloudy. We even thought we might wake up to snow. Fortunately not. The good news is temperatures are due to rise. Trying not to get too excited but looks like this spell of cold will be over in a few days. Time to get gardening.

Back to normal work today. Busy, but nothing like as bad as recently. Mr Snoop is getting fed up of trying to talk to me and getting no response.

And yes, Nicos, it's breadbaking day here today as well. Plus crumpets... I didn't tell the smiles before they left, though I think they had an inkling as there were whispers of them beating a hasty return home.

Three broken ribs, Rary. Your daughter must be suffering. Not surprising she says she's sore. Mr Snoop broke one years back and was in considerable pain. Hope the doctors manage to find a solution for your wife. Don't you go climbing any ladders or stapling your arm. They can't afford for you to be crocked as well. How is your arm, by the way?

Right, better get on with the show. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Cloudy and dull here so it feels cooler than it actually is, we're of on a walk later we'd best wrap up well.

No bread baking here today we seem to have enough in the freezer I'll defrost some scones for later though.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday We were kept awake until half three this morning, there's a crime scene across the road from us, goodness knows what has happened, but we suspect something drug related.
                      have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy here too and only 3°C. Brrrr. I'm in no hurry to go out this morning.

Rary, your daughter is very brave if she is coping with 3 broken ribs. Mr GF broke 7 a few years ago and spent 5 days in a large teaching hospital, an awful experience, and then came home on a combination of tramadol and morphine. I hope she has a speedy recovery and that your wife gets her hip sorted out.

Snoop, we seem to be swapping weather prospects if yours is improving. Ours is on a downhill slope.⛷

Nicos, maybe Mr N is trying to tell you that you don't need to diet.

Next job.....sorting out Mr GF's tablets for the next week and putting them into his dispensers, so that he takes the right ones at the right time.

We tried the lemon drizzle loaf yesterday. Not an outstanding success as the middle is decidedly undercooked. We'll eat the ends and I think the birds will get the middle. I can't wait for my next lot of bananas to ripen. ....Banana loaf is still my current favourite.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          A little on the dull side but its 6 degs.
                          I am debating whether to go to town or go walking.
                          We are off on holiday next Friday so I need to pick up a few bits and pieces.

I hope everybodies pains and aches are improving.

Nicos, it will be good to have some help to get the garden into shape after the winter.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Nicos, maybe Mr N is trying to tell you that you don't need to diet.

ha ha!….more like he’s fed up trying to adapt to his slower metabolic rate…( as I too am struggling with own)

…speaking of broken ribs…
                            I broke one many years ago and that was horrendous.( Even now when turning in bed I can feel a sudden dull jab)
                            I fell on my tummy whilst skiing - but had the camera facing with the lens pointing inwards inside my jacket. It was the lens pushing inwards which broke my rib. It took months to improve - you don’t realise how many movement pull on a rib - from going to the loo to driving over a sleeping policeman. I really wish her a speedy recovery Rary. Can’t imagine how dreadful breaking three - or even seven must be

Comment

• Afternoon

We’ve been out for a stroll with our borrowed dog around the pond and fields surprisingly it wasn’t too sludgy.

Hope you make up your sleep Flo it’s horrid when you’re woken up like that.

Just finished my sandwich and I’m ready for another mug of tea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Did I treat myself to anything?…but of course!…butter flavoured crisps! Not one, but three packets…well, it IS my birthday coming up soon, diet or not!

Anyone fancy a brew?…kettle’s just boiled!
                                Butter flavoured crisps!! They sound yummy. Are they a french thing or am I missing out here? Who makes them? Are they new?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X