Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning,glad you had a good holiday Bramble,happy ironing Nicos,actually had a better sleep last night,we have a shot at sunshine just now,always good for the soul,together with them smiles,have a lovely day everyone,of to find something usefull to do
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I now have a perfect loaf. Obviously the fault of the yeast. I'm glad it's not the breadmaker. I had already priced a replacement. gulp!

After asking around I have found out that the cat that was camped on my doorstep lives locally and just tends to wander and make friends.

The sun has just appeared here so I'm going to put some washing out....more in hope than expectation.

Glad you enjoyed your hols Bramble.

Comment

• Just checking to see if anyone is getting any error warnings whilst posting?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• No problems posting here.

Comment

• And just as I was putting the ironing board away….the sun came out!…fantastic

That made me smile…those smiles must have left a trail of magic dust on their way overhead this morning - and it’s just arrived. Very uplifting.

Comment

• No problems posting here, Nicos. Well done on finishing all the ironing. what film did you watch in the end?

I noticed after my grory hop that one of my jute bags was almost worn through at the bottom corners, so had a rummage in the sewing tins and found some contrasting thick woven binding. Duly sewed it on across the depth of the bag corner to corner both ends, and I'm chuffed to give it a new lease of life. it's got to be getting on for 10 years old and has been used every week for all the heavy shopping.

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              I now have a perfect loaf. Obviously the fault of the yeast. I'm glad it's not the breadmaker. I had already priced a replacement. gulp!
              It's annoying when the last half inch of yeast in the tub doesn't work properly. It's happened to me several times. A waste of ingredients and time. I wonder if it's possible to freeze dried yeast and still have it thaw out and work? I may try freezing half of the next tub to see. I wish there was a test for efficacy in the same way we can put a pinch of seed on damp paper to see if it will sprout.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Of course you can test yeast! Doh! Add it to sugar and water and wait for the bubbles. I admit I had to goggle this because it just didn't occur to me. Not sure if I could then add it to a breadmaker recipe though.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to...-yeast-1388313
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon

Grory hop was fine they had everything on my list, then this afternoon a stroll to the library and charity shops. It’s just starting to drop cool.

No problems with the vine here Nicos hopefully it will stay like that.

enjoy your evening.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                    Of course you can test yeast! Doh! Add it to sugar and water and wait for the bubbles. I admit I had to goggle this because it just didn't occur to me. Not sure if I could then add it to a breadmaker recipe though.
                    I don't see why you couldn't, so long as you did it quite quickly, before it ran out of food and poisoned itself on its own waste.

And no, Nicos, I've not had any problems posting today.

Comment

• No problems here,
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning

It was a cool 3.9c overnight in the GH not much warmer now so it looks like being a coat today. Its not killed of the nasturtiums yet they're still in flower in the veg beds, tubs and borders not known them to last this long.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning. The sun is shining here. Mr GF woke me up ages ago and I was still going to have another half hour but he asked so many questions and made so much noise I gave in and got up in the end.😴

It went down to 3°C in the night but when I peeked out at 3am I couldn't see any frost on the grass or cars. There is absolutely no wind either.

When things warm up I think I'll put the bedding back out to dry a bit more in the sunshine.

Comment

• morning all ... just back from doing the shopping my least favourite part of the week. might have a go at sowing some broad beans (Grano Violetto) and get my overwintering peas in their hanging baskets. and I treated the Big greenhouse to 2 new vent openers (Bayliss mk7) and another louvre kit (Just need to get the glass cut)

Starting to feel 'normal' now ... well, as normal as I can be

ntg
                            Last edited by nick the grief; 04-11-2022, 09:15 AM.
                            ntg
                            Never be afraid to try something new.
                            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                            ==================================================

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Dry and breezy here so the laundry is out on the line.
                              A trip to the post office and then to the library.

My nasturtiums are still flowering as well Bren.
                              Also dianthus, verbena and a few dahlias.
                              All the geraniums inherited greenhouse are a riot of colour,

Lots of weeding to do as well,
                              Have a goo day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Just a quick bob in as I’ve got a busy day today.
                                Cant believe it’s almost weekend again
                                Bonfire Night tomorrow - are there still organised events?
                                I usually make a hotpot with a crust but this year I have some steak and Guinness already in the freezer so we’ll use that with a homemade crust. Also home picked beetroot.
                                I do miss the fireworks etc but we can’t get them here apart from around New Year….and the cost last time I bought some!!!!
                                I’m sure I’ve got a small pack of those cake sparklers somewhere …those would do the trick
                                Oh…and mulled cider? Yeh. Tomorrow is sorted!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X