This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Utter rubbish night’s sleep ​​​​​​ No reason either Can’t even blame a full moon this time

Domestics for me today and loads of washing. The ironing can wait though!

How are things going for you Snoop - was that an unusual event ? I kept thinking about that last night - you really do have to cope with extremes of weather don’t you?

Anyone fancy a brew - I certainly do!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I wish I knew you were putting the Kettle on Nicos ... I've just made myself a filter cofee... today I'm making an apple & mixed berries pie and we're trying to run the freezer down a bit ready for getting stuff for christmas as we're going away for chrimbo

ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

• Morning

A foggy start to the day its still hanging around more of a mist now though.

Making sourdough oatcake this morning for the freezer along with more apple sauce, after that gardening.

Enjoy your day.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning. I can't remember the last time I got up so late. I know I had trouble dropping to sleep because Mr GF was tossing and turning. In the end I lost my patience and told him to lie still and stop behaving like a restless octopus. The next thing I knew it was half light and I snuggled down again and then it was suddenly 9.30am. Best nights sleep in weeks.

The weather is rather grey again, the forecast was for sunshine....... we shall see.

I hope you haven't too much damage Snoop.

Comment

• Well, the pie turned into a crumble ... damn nice it was too ... Infact I've just had another bowl for my tea it briefly was sunny for about 15 minutes but has been dull and miserable the rest of the time. SO I may make some turnovers with the apple that was left. had a nice relaxing day with Mrs G otherwise.
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Grey and chill here today.
              I need to get on top of some paperwork so it’s probably a good day to crack on with that.

Talking of paperwork - we’ve not heard from snoop - hope she’s ok after that dreadful weather…

Comment

• NTG - I love crumble. I always have a bag of uncooked mix in the freezer - usually enough to make at least two more family sized crumbles. If the oven is on cooking something else then I’ll often microwave defrost and heat up a bag of fruit and lob on handfuls of topping to cook at the same time. Yum.
                Are you a custard, cream or ice cream sort of guy? My first choice would be custard but I’d happily have all three at the same time No wonder I keep having to put myself on diets!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Dull and dry so no complaints.
                  I am off to the butchers to get some beef to make a casserole.
                  My son, his wife and child are calling this evening so a handy dinner for all.

Yes Nicod, I hope all is well with Snoop, not like her to go missing.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Grey and miserable here yet again.

Nicos my first choice would always be cream and lots of it as the crumble just seems to soak it up. My favourite fruit filling, bilberry or blueberry with or without apple.

I hope Snoop is okay too. Maybe the internet is down with the weather.

Comment

• Morning

I’ve been in the garden for veg and the slow cookers on.
                      The early morning fogs left it damp and misty out so not very nice apart from the pretty cobwebs all over the garden.

I’m another who’s been thinking of Snoop here’s hoping they’re fine.

Forgot to say I’m a crumble and custard person, I don’t really like cream and to me ice cream’s just wrong on something warm. I do like ice cream on raspberries and strawberries.
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 14-11-2022, 11:07 AM.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, just on to notify you that I will be taking a break from the forum for a time. I do wish you all a happy Christmas when it comes and will be back sometime in the new year
                        Remember to pass on smiles and God bless
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Awww Rary - I hope all is OK with you and yours xx
                          Smiles and hugs winging their way to you…. and I hope your Xmas and New Year offer you loads of smiles too.
                          Snoop is doing a Stirling job of caring for your smiles….I’m sure they will wing their way to you . ‘There’s no place like Home’ as someone famous once said
                          Last edited by Nicos; 14-11-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Rary, I hope you are all okay. Don't forget we are here to give you support if you need it.

Comment

• Rary, I hope all is well with you and yours.
                              You will be missed.
                              Come back when you can and dont forget us. Å

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
                                Heavy rain here this morning. I wonder how Snoop is coping with all theirs. Hope they are safe and well.

I'm expecting a parcel today so it's a good excuse to stay indoors. This one is delivered by dhl. My sister sent my mum some flowers from marks and sparks that were delivered by dpd, and I was actually moved to complain to marks about it. The box was left upright (it stated clearly on the box that it should be flat, with big black arrows and everything), and one end of the box was concertina-ed, pushing the front and back of the box open, plus the delivery driver made no attempt to ring or knock the door, so I only found the flowers when I opened the door to go out.

Fortunately the flowers themselves were OK, just a couple of heads off, but I felt ms should know what rubbish delivery men dpd are. We've had lots of flowers from family delivered this way, they never ring the bell, but the crushed box was the final straw. My sis sends from the US so marks is easiest for her, but my bro has stopped using them now.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X