This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

No rain here, according to the BBC we have rain from 9 to 5pm while the Metoffice says no rain at all. I'll let you know this evening which one was correct..

Give it a go Flo they may take them back.

Fingers crossed that your updates so smoothly Snoop.

Enjoy our day
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just lit the woodstove. It’s dark again outside as we’re having a major thunderstorm so I best go and unplug the router!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• The skies have cleared and we have sunshine
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

Grey and miserable so far, but no rain forecast until this afternoon.

Good luck with your curtains, Flo. Let us know how you get on.

A grory hop for us today. I need ....everything. The fridge is emptyish.

Good luck with your computers, Snoop. If you manage to do it, you will feel so proud of yourself. I've got good memories of the days of MSDOS, and early PCs. We had no Internet in those early days and all programs were on floppy discs, and were so expensive. Computers were Mr GF's hobby when we first met. I remember buying a book called DOS for dummies. When we first got Internet my mother used to sulk as she could never get through on the phone. (You could not use the phone while on the Internet and you could only connect one computer at a time). How things have changed. I even remember receiving our first text message on our mobile phone, just the one between us.

I must be getting "old".

Comment

• I remember learning to touch type at college to music played on a 78 inch record - asdf:lkj carriage return! Think it was an Imperial 66. How things have changed.

Comment

• Afternoon.

We've had rain or sunshine al day so it looks like the BBC won todays forecast.

Computers have really changed our first one was a ZX80 costing £99 back in the early 1980's next was a ZX81 that we still own. With mobile phones I expected them to get smaller like a brooch or stud instead they're a handheld PC.

We're back to rain again so I'm off to make a mug of tea.

Comment

• The fibre Internet was off for at least an hour this morning. I can't complain as it is only the third time in 18 months and the other two times were actually actually scheduled updates of the system in the early hours of the morning. I did get an apologetic email when it came back on. My contract is due for renewal in July. I must try and get another good deal with them, as I'm pleased with their service.

I went to the "strawberry shop" and got more strawberries for us and for my brother in law. Then did a couple of errands for my brother in law. Since then I've done a grory hop, and actually got everything on my list, including two bags of frozen croissants for Mr GF, one for his brother and a bag of the pain au chocolat for me.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  We are back home from holidays.
                  A very breezy day so I took the opportunity to get some laundry done.
                  Spent the afternoon weeding, how fast they grow.
                  All the plants survived while I was away and the tomatoes have a few small trusses on them.
                  ​​​​​​​Catching up now on the last few weeks posts.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Welcome back Bramble good to hear your plants survived.

Hair cut this morning then a bit of shopping.

Comment

• Morning all. Special hello to you, Bramble. Hope you had a good trip. Sounds like you've had a good return to a healthy garden.

Well, I chickened out yesterday. The computers are still un-updated. Some work came in and seeing as I have done next to none for the last five or six weeks now, I thought I'd make that a priority. Well, that's my excuse.

Reading your mention of learning to touch type, Flo, reminded me of when I learnt to touch type, standing at an ironing board and teaching myself on a typewriter with a dodgy a. Perhaps one of the most useful things I've ever learned to do. Hope you managed to get your curtains sorted.

Got quite a busy day ahead. Finish the work, do some more weeding, delegate splitting open some more cardboard boxes to Mr Snoop and then lay them down in the veg patch, make some bread, make some biscuits and visit the neighbours down the valley. And in amongst all that, joint a pair of chickens for the freezer. Maybe even a brief eyelid inspection if I can manage it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, it’s a beautiful day! I’m back after a 4 day stay in hospital with a chest infection. Honestly if it’s not one thing it’s another but you have to live your life.
                        Hope this finds you all well. I’m off for a quick catch up so will see you later. Enjoy your day. x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's grey and miserable here, but there is no rain forecast.(There was none forecast yesterday but my washing still got wet several times) and never fully dried.

Bramble, I hope you enjoyed your holidays. Nice to hear your plants survived.

Do people still learn to touch type...and do shorthand? I was supposed to do a bilingual secretarial course at the local tech when I left school, but didn't as I just could not picture myself sitting in an office typing. Eventually in my early thirties I did teach myself from a computer program on a keyboard, but I was never superfast. Now I just jab away at my mobile phone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here, but very windy. Hope you're fully recovered Jay. Have a good day All

Your hair looks nice Bren

Comment

• Goodness, Jay. So sorry to hear that. Hope you've made a full recovery. There was me thinking you might have gone away on holiday. Mind you, it sounds like a spell in a Swiss sanatorium would be just the thing. I'd be getting proper fed up in your shoes. Big cyber hug.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Welcome back bramble - hope you had a lovely break?
                                Such a relief when you get back home and check out the plants !

I really don’t enjoy your updating Snoop- I go cold at just the thought of it. a maybe just as well it’s my OH who is designated to doing that. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead.

It’s actually sunny here this morning. But a very chill wind. Hard to believe it’s June tomorrow. I absolutely must focus weeding outside the garage over the next few days.
                                Grory hop later….

Enjoy your day folks!
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X