Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've taken some pasta in meat/tomato sauce from a few weeks ago out of the freezer to defrost. I'll make a bechamel sauce to go over it and top with mozzarella. We'll have it with salad and garlic bread.

Comment

• For tonight I'm thinking beef stew and Yorkshire pudding. Comfort food for a cold day.

Comment

• Falafel with salad and a yogurt and harissa dressing.

Anyone got any views on how to use up a pint of cream (leftovers from the weekend)? It's UHT whipping cream (35% fat). UHT is the only kind of cream you can get here, sadly. Rubbish, but you get used to it for want of anything better.

Comment

• This evening other half of yesterdays Corned beef pie but with french beans instead of peas.

Apple and raspberry crumble with custard for lunch
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Roast veg soup ( yesterdays left overs basically)
            Tumble salad featuring our own lettuce and eggs ( yip yip) sweetcorn and probably bulgar wheat.
            Own stewed apples for pud
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              Falafel with salad and a yogurt and harissa dressing.

Anyone got any views on how to use up a pint of cream (leftovers from the weekend)? It's UHT whipping cream (35% fat). UHT is the only kind of cream you can get here, sadly. Rubbish, but you get used to it for want of anything better.
              If I have leftover whipping or double cream (very rare) I stick it in the mixer, overwhip it, rinse it, salt it and make butter with it. It's dead easy. I don't know what the taste difference would be with UHT cream though.

Comment

• Same here Snoop - I’d love to make butter.
                I can get hold of raw full fat milk though…..

Comment

• Thanks, Nicos and greenishfing. I shall ponder and consult with Mr Snoop.

Comment

• This YouTuber failed with UHT single cream….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrsipikPRR8

One comment suggested he needed a higher fat content…..

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      This YouTuber failed with UHT single cream….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrsipikPRR8

One comment suggested he needed a higher fat content…..
                      Why would anyone try to use cream that won't whip normally? You actually have to take it through and past the normal whipped stage to the separated stage. The first time I ever saw somebody make butter in a mixer was when my mother did it by accident many years ago. She forgot to turn it off when somebody distracted her.....

Comment

• You can get 38% UHT cream here, apparently. I've never seen it. Most is 32%. More like cream off the milk than real cream.

Anyway, the general consensus is to hope it lasts and I'll whip it at the weekend as a filling for a roulade.

As for tonight, the falafel are off. We're up the valley for a 'beany, soupy thing', as described by the cook.

Comment

• Sausage baguettes with lettuce, land cress, windowsill toms, chickpea/carrot salad and pickles.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            You can get 38% UHT cream here, apparently. I've never seen it. Most is 32%. More like cream off the milk than real cream.

Anyway, the general consensus is to hope it lasts and I'll whip it at the weekend as a filling for a roulade.

As for tonight, the falafel are off. We're up the valley for a 'beany, soupy thing', as described by the cook.
                            Mary Berry's raspberry meringue roulade!!!!! I had a jigsaw of the recipe and picture. Amazing, but put me off jigsaws for life. I then gave the jigsaw to my sister and it put her off too.

Comment

• I’m just defrosting a lasagne I made in the summer using aubergine instead of pasta. Served with our own green beans and a side salad from our fresh lettuce.
                              Clementine for pud

Comment

• Salmon and pea risotto.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X