Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon. It's gone very dark here, so you might have sent the thunder down here Rary. I've almost finished tidying the patio. By the time I've planted up more containers there'll be no room for my chair!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Another muggy sunny day but now thundering. Now rain yet.
      OH been fixing lawn holes so is hoping for rain.
      I'm dreading the slugs if it rains, snipped about 100 this morning marching in and out from the field
      Seem to be gardening for days and sleeping badly, shattered but trying to make the most of the weather.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Evening!
        well…we’ve had a heck of a rumbling thunderstorm. Just went on and on with a steady downpour over a couple of hours.
        Still pretty humid though.
        One thing I’ve noticed is that in the past few hours the oxeye daisies have started flowering! They certainly weren’t in flower at lunchtime as I was weeding right next to them!

There’s no chance for me of one final hope for seeing the lights- far too many dark sploshy clouds. Ah well.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good night sll.
          The weather broke here this evening as well.
          Very heavy showers and then magically they stopped and the sun came out,
          I expect slugs and snails will be out in force tonight as it has been dry for so long,
          Another job for tomorrow.
          Have a good night all.
          Too cloudy to see the lights.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
            The sun is shining again and it's already warm, forecast had said rain but that's moved to tomorrow.
            So I shall outside myself again, slugs were on my newly planted peas this morning after last night's thunderstorm/rain
            Want to construct some climbing things for them(twiggy style) also need to tend to tomato potting on. Still need to clean my gh yet . Off to make a list and walk this dog.

Kettle has just boiled.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Probably a day of domestics for me today . Needs must

I ordered a small waterpump to put in a tub for my patio and that’s being delivered tomorrow so I want to be on top of domestics so I can have a play when it arrives!

Enjoy your day whatever you get up to…
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Yesterdays thunderstorm gave the garden feel fresh this morning and it saved me watering the seedlings. Today more repotting and plant shuffling not sure what else just yet. hopefully a trip to the library.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All It rained heavily here too last night, but none of the expected thunder arrived. Sunny this mo. Have a good day

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright outside but brighter inside as Mr Snoop has just brought me a frothy coffee. My favourite thing of a morning.

One of the neighbours is dropping by in a bit with some shopping for us.

I'm about on top of work. Aided by the fact that I've lost a client while I've been away. But never mind. If I'm good enough, they'll come back next project.

And I'm doing a reasonably good job of not thinking about the dental appointment later this week...

So all in all, not a bad Monday. Sorry about missing you, Rary. Next time, heh?

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Oops, my eldest son just wished us Happy Anniversary - I'd forgotten! First time I've ever done that
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 13-05-2024, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Nice to see you back from your hols, Snoop.

We got a heavy shower of rain last night but no thunderstorm. Back to slightly hazy sunshine this morning. Only a max of 21°C forecast here today, but I'm sure the car will feel like an oven when we go out as it is sitting in the sun.

After finding out the other day that I only have one very old pair of shorts that actually fit reasonably comfortably I have decided I need to shed a "few" pounds. There are two new pairs in a size less, still with tags. As of today.............. no snacking after our evening meal, no buns for elevenses and only one glass of wine with my evening meal! The clearing out of the wardrobe has been put on hold until I can actually fit into more of my clothes. I must be very content at the moment as weight seems to drop off me quickly when I am upset and worried and the opposite is happening.

I think I ought to enjoy the last of the sunshine today as rain is forecast for the rest of the week.

Last edited by greenishfing; 13-05-2024, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all. We have rain and looks like it could drag on for the day.
                          Lots to do indoors do that should keep me busy.
                          Enjoy the day, especially those lucky enough to have the sunshine.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                            Oops, my eldest son just wished us Happy Anniversary - I'd forgotten! First time I've ever done that
                            Better your son than your husband reminding you, Flo.

Comment

• Just had a call from a panicking brother in law who has accidently washed his debit card in his jacket pocket. He didn't appreciate my comment about "money laundering."🤭🤐 When it's dry we'll see if it still works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                                Oops, my eldest son just wished us Happy Anniversary - I'd forgotten! First time I've ever done that
                                Flo we’ve forgotten more of our anniversaries than we’ve remembered
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X