Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chips with eggs, beans, mushrooms and fried toms this evening.

Bit of a change of plan, chips and beans with veg /mushroom omelettes.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 25-11-2022, 12:19 PM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Last night I was naughty. Mr GF hardly touched his meal, due I think to eating the contents of a Galaxy advent calender with his sister in the afternoon. So I actually ate my Cornish pasty and all the pastry off his....and it was wonderful pastry.

Tonight I think salmon with jacket sweet potato, avocado and tomato salad and garlic mushrooms.

Comment

• Pea and leek curry plus naans to go with aloo gobi cooked by friend up the valley.

Edited: all change. Curries tomorrow apparently. Squisotto tonight, then.
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 25-11-2022, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle and bol.

Comment

• Chicken thighs are defrosting. I think it's going to be chicken and potato, or sweet potato, curry and naan.

Comment

• Leek, pea and mint curry (Meera Sodha recipe, should be a samosa filling but I like it on its own too, delicious), chickpeas Moghlai style (Madhur Jaffrey recipe, a favourite with one of our friends and also delicious) and naans (no idea whose recipe yet - perhaps none at all, just a dough with olive oil near enough dry fried).
              Friend up the valley making aloo gobhi and a cabbage, pepper and mushroom curry.

Maybe bread and butter pudding for afters. But that could be too much of a good thing after everything else!

I'm guessing plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.

Comment

• Guess who is back on a diet after 10 days of eating ad lib?
                Nettle soup from the freezer followed by eggs and beans followed by stewed apple and Yog
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Gf…any tips on the recipe and creation of your Cornish pasties please? What stops you from getting a soggy botty?
                  Sounds utterly yum.

Comment

• Buck wheat, chestnut mushrooms and black kale - probably include onions, garlic, green pepper and fresh raw toms.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Nicos my first ever attempt at a Cornish pasty was a Be-ro recipe but with my own pastry recipe.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	20221126_174644.jpg Views:	0 Size:	412.0 KB ID:	2554538 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220324_154017_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	392.8 KB ID:	2554539

I was so impressed I took a photo and still make them the same. They are "slightly" neater these days but I've never had a problem with soggy bottoms.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 26-11-2022, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Turkey breast stirfry with lots of veg, peppers, onions mushrooms garlic and basmati rice.h

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thanks gf x

Comment

• Corned beef pie with mushy peas and gravy.

using this recipe from the Princes site

https://www.princes.co.uk/recipes/re...beef-hash-pie/

Comment

• Seared wood pigeon breast, parsnip chips, black kale and beetroot with horse radish sauce.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Roasted veggies tonight. Probably with a spicy tomato sauce.
                                Black cherries and yog for pud

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X