This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    I was just thinking I could fancy some cod in parsley sauce tomorrow after reading Mr Bones's post when Mr GF put in a rare request for tomorrow night. He says he fancies bacon, eggs, tomatoes, fried bread and anything else breakfasty that I care to add.
    After Mr GF woke me up in the early hours to inform me that he was dying and there was nothing that I could do to help him ..... he had acid.....sorted out with a couple of rennies..... he was not getting a big "fry up" tonight.

We ended up having poached eggs on toast.

Comment

• Bolognese with onions, peppers, mushrooms and rice.
      Ae dont eat spaghetti.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Something fishy tonight. I have all kinds of odds and ends of fish in the freezer: cod, smoked haddock and sea bass. Also prawns if needed.

I am trying to pick between fish pie with the fish in a parsley sauce in the bottom and mash on the top OR a lightly spiced tomato based fish soup. I'll defrost the fish and decide later.

Comment

• Last night was chicken and salad wraps followed by cheesecake
          Tonight is lamb, broccoli, french beans and creamy pasta followed by Birthday cake ( DIL’s)

The pub food on our first night was utterly incredible. Not what I was expecting at all…more gourmet food. All home grown or locally sourced organic food. Utterly yum.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Spam, egg, mushrooms and chips.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lightly salted cod in a courgette and tomato sauce. Baked apple and custard for pud.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening Tagliatelle and bol.

Comment

• Last night ended up being the fish pie with carrots and broccoli.

Tonight beef stew and Yorkshire pudding.

Mr GF has just been muttering about coffee and candied walnut cake after watching James Martin! Maybe when we've got company.....far too much for two.

Comment

• Celeriac remoulade at lunch, tonight - chicken leek and mushroom pie with a mashed potato/celeriac top. Probably have carrots and peas with it.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Chilli con carne with rice.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• How I forgot yesterday that I'd bought lamb loin chops I do not know. My favourite cut of lamb of all. So last night we had roasted loin chops in a plum and wine sauce with baked sweet potatoes and courgettes. And a really good bottle of red.

Off out for lunch today with friends we haven't seen for years and years. Just as well the cod is in the freezer.

Comment

• Slow cooker pheasant with chorizo and butterbeans.

Comment

• I'd originally planned to have the leftover stew today (either with dumplings or in a pie) but I'm really fancying something spicy so chicken curry and naan today and the leftover stew tomorrow.

Comment

• Spiced turkey burgers and sausage and saffron risotto for the freezer.
                              Couple of loaves of buttermilk bread with a bit of rye.
                              For supper: lentils with vegetables and chorizo. Extra for the freezer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Slow cooker pheasant with chorizo and butterbeans.
                                We still have some left so it will go in a pie or be eaten with jacket potatoes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X