X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tortellini Minestrone soup.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday's supper turned out to be breaded fish, chips and salad to compensate for a terrible day.

Lentil soup tonight to compensate...

Comment

• Tonight salmon baked with lemon and capers, roast vegetables and jacket sweet potatoes.

Comment

• Salmon, mashed potatoes and selection of veg.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I just asked Mr GF if he fancies Yorkshire pudding tonight and got a resounding YES for an answer so I think I'll turn some braising steak into stew and I'll make some pudding batter next and stick it in the fridge for a few hours.

Comment

• Amazing lentil soup last night: it transmogrified spectacularly into sausage and saffron risotto at Mr Snoop's command.

Mind you, it's definitely lentil soup tonight.

Sunny today too, so will be making some bread as there's electricity aplenty for the mixer.

Comment

• Layered veggie bake tonight, with celeriac, leek, onion, garlic, potato and perp spinach. Topped off with cheesy smoked paprika breadcrumbs
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Pasta and meatballs in a Tom sauce.
                  Onions, garlic, grated carrots, courgette, mushrooms, herbs and tomatoes.

Comment

• Diet went to pot today crumpets and peanut butter for lunch and burger and chips for supper.
                    But , it has to be said, they were yummy
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Chips for us this evening with Cornish pasties, mushy peas and gravy.

Comment

• Quail tonight. I think Middle-Easternified with honey, chilli flakes and figs (from the freezer), lemon rice and I know not what accompaniment. Anyone think salad would do?

Comment

• A variation on cauli cheese. Mixed veg with a mushroom sauce instead. Fruit salad and yog for pud.

Snoop - a finely chopped salad with pomegranate sprinkled into it jumps to mind? If not got any pomegranate then chopped orange tumbled into it instead.
                          Actually…..I’ll bring it…..your food sounds much more inviting than mine …..
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Plenty of leftover stew from yesterday so I think I'll make dumplings to put in it and have it with mashed potato and swede and broccoli.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Snoop - a finely chopped salad with pomegranate sprinkled into it jumps to mind? If not got any pomegranate then chopped orange tumbled into it instead.
                              Actually…..I’ll bring it…..your food sounds much more inviting than mine …..
                              You're welcome to join us. Just don't come hungry. They're the smallest quail I've ever seen (half price and half size). The other option was wrapped in bacon and roasted, the bacon being a way to pad them out a bit.
                              Last edited by Nicos; 11-11-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• I'm really fancying something spicy today. Much as I love traditional British "comfort food" in Winter you can get too much of a good thing. The diet of poor people in the UK up to the middle of the 20th century must have been so bland.

I think some chicken and sweet potato curry cooked in the slow cooker will invigorate my tastebuds. Naan to accompany it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X