Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby jacket spuds filled with tuna and sweetcorn with a lambs lettuce and tomato side salad.
    Maybe an orange for pud. For some strange reason the jam rolly polly all got eaten last night

I’m really starting to miss celery Bren. I love it but it’s very hard to find white celery here- it’s usually sold as green for cooking as it’s pretty tough and fibrous. And frustratingly it’s one veg I just can’t grow.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I can't grow celery either Nicos this year I'm growing something called 'cutting celery' instructions say it can be even grown on windowsills.

https://www.thompson-morgan.com/p/cutting-celery/864TM
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Chilli here tonight although I always feel there’s something missing when I make it and I can’t figure out what!
        sigpic

Comment

• When I feel like that about curry Jay, I tend to add a big chunk of butter
          Sounds a bit strange but when you think about it the original recipe would originally would probably have been cooked with a fair amount of ghee.
          But then again I’m a buttero’holic There…I’ve admitted it publicly
          Cant see why chilli shouldn’t be handled any differently!

Comment

• Tonight, chicken Kiev, roast vegetables and couscous.

On the subject of celery I once put hours and hours of work into growing "proper" trench celery. It ended up looking amazing, carefully wrapped in newspaper and well earthed. What a let down!!!! Every single stick on every single plant had been slugged to death. Completely inedible. Never again!!!!

By the way, another butterholic here😞

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Black eyed bean stew this evening, not tried it before but I'd got celery and a sweet potato in the fridge then beans in the cupboard.
              This recipe came up in my ingredients search.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/b...ean_stew_28824
              I make this but with added onions, carrots and butternut squash: https://www.manjulaskitchen.com/black-eyed-beans-lobia/
              Really nice. I love black-eyed beans. I'll have a look at the Beeb recipe. Thanks.

Comment

• Chicken stirfry, lots of veg and basmati rice.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Black bean burgers this evening with pasta and mushrooms.

Comment

• I'm struggling for inspiration. I think either fish pie or baked salmon.

Comment

• Think it will have to be the sneaky salad, but not sure what we'll have with it. There's a tin of spaghetti in the cupboard, I'd like to have that on toast for a change, but Himself is not keen
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I've decided. Salmon baked with lemon and capers, jacket sweet potatoes, sweetcorn and coleslaw.

Comment

• Falafels, hummus and home made pittas and a side salad.

Comment

• Off up the valley for curry. I've ordered a small portion... There's something about friend's bean stews and curries I don't quite like. I can't put my finger on it either. Perhaps they're just too sour. Or perhaps I should recommend a big dollop of butter.

Comment

• The salad has become home made fish, chips and mushy peas
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Pasties and salad this evening.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X