Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had such a good lunch yesterday (freekeh, manouri cheese and all kinds of salady bits) that neither of us was hungry last night, so we just had sandwiches for supper. Plus a supermarket own-brand cornetto-style ice cream, which was absolutely horrible.

We've been eating healthily these last few weeks and puddings have tended to be fruit or berries with yogurt. The cornetto tasted way too sweet to me, though Mr Snoop says it seemed to him the same as the ones we were eating last summer. That would be handy, not liking really sweet food any more. Mind you, I've also not been drinking much wine recently and I did enjoy the couple of glasses of red we had...

Edited: forgot to say aubergine parmigiana for supper. Plus bread baking today.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 29-04-2023, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle and bol. Ham salad for lunch.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I'm going to roast a chicken today. I think we'll have it with roast parsnips, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli and gravy.

Comment

• Just defrosting a steak and Guinness casserole from the freezer. To be served with French beans.
          We had crumpets at lunchtime, so that’s my carbs for the day. Yes- they were delish!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• OH is making bread today so I’ll pop a quiche in the oven when he’s done, and have that with a salad.

Comment

• Slow cooker brisket with, roasties, Yorkshire puds, kale, french beans and carrots.

Comment

• Goat's cheese and calçot pizza.

Edited: lunch went awry. We had people coming round for nibbles but they couldn't stay. So our lunch was the seed crackers and cheese I'd prepared for them. Not sure what we'll have for supper, but it had better not be pizza after that.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 30-04-2023, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  Slow cooker brisket with, roasties, Yorkshire puds, kale, french beans and carrots.
                  Same again today along with mashed potatoes that I forgot to list yesterday.

Comment

• Lentil soup for supper last night in the end.
                    More of the same for supper tonight, with yogurt and berries for pud. Freekeh with manouri cheese and bits and bobs plus salad for lunch. Got to use up the cheese. Don't think Mr Snoop will be sorry, though. Wasn't sure what he'd make of the freekeh, but he liked it.

Comment

• I think tonight will be chicken and potato curry with naan and/or rice.

Comment

• Roast Lamb this time with mashed and roast potatoes, roast parsnips, steamed carrots and sprouts, YPs. I think after that it will be a raspberry magnum for me and I have dark chocolate lollies or flake ice cream lollies for Himself
                        I'll make more of an effort with pudding tomorrow
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mushroom risotto followed by pineapple. I’d forgotten we go a lot of tins a few weeks ago on special offer.

Comment

• Home cooked ham, roast potatoes, brocolli, carrots and peas.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Try again for goat's cheese and calçot pizza.

Comment

• Curry with rice and naan breads this evening.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X