Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toast!…..stop it you two - you’ve got me googling food!…never heard of that Melanie- bit like a croque monsieur/ madam but open and with a pineapple. What a lovely flavour combination!
    You do realise that I’m just going to have to try that now?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by MelanieSW View Post

Oh now I'm thinking Toast Hawaii - haven't had that in a long time
      Never even heard of that. I shall ask Mr Snoop if he fancies trying it, maybe as a closed sandwich. Looks a bit slippy-slidey as an open sandwich. I'd be bound to end up with 'medallions' on my jumper...

Comment

• Roast Pork, baby pots, carrots, green beans, roast parsnips and spuds with YPs.
        Now off to look at the toast
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Should have guessed, that's how I like my pizza. My GGs think it's sacrilege to put fruit anywhere near pizza! It's a Marmite thing

Comment

• Flo I’m with your GG’s I’d have cheese and ham but never pineapple.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lots of leftover stew from yesterday. I'll make some suet dumplings to go in it and we'll have it with mashed potatoes and broccoli.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Never even heard of that. I shall ask Mr Snoop if he fancies trying it, maybe as a closed sandwich. Looks a bit slippy-slidey as an open sandwich. I'd be bound to end up with 'medallions' on my jumper...
                Ah it's customarily eaten with knife and fork, not like a sandwich. It really needs to be open for the flavours to properly mingle and the cheese to do its thing with the pineapple
                Last edited by MelanieSW; 24-04-2023, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Toast!…..stop it you two - you’ve got me googling food!…never heard of that Melanie- bit like a croque monsieur/ madam but open and with a pineapple. What a lovely flavour combination!
                  You do realise that I’m just going to have to try that now?
                  Hehe, if you do, white toast, cooked ham and the wrapped processed cheese slices are the way to go. That tastes better than trying to go fancy. Glacé cherry is optional, depends how retro one wants to go .
                  (Rather surprisingly it also works well with tinned peaches or even pears, but that may upset the purists...)

Comment

• Soup with toasted cheese sandwiches this evening,.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hawaii toast is starting to sound like the pizza equivalent of spaghetti hoops on toast. And why not?

Leftover soup tonight. Maybe hummus and salad for lunch. Getting off lightly on the cooking front today. The hummus will be home-made, honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                        Getting off lightly on the cooking front today. The hummus will be home-made, honest.
                        The joys of the food processor or stick blender!

Comment

• I'm thinking of bacon and eggs, but it may remain a thought

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

The joys of the food processor or stick blender!
                            Lunch went awry - the neighbour turned up with eggs. So all of a sudden a healthy lunch morphed into cheese omelette, potato wedges and green beans. Now absolutely full.

Comment

• Chicken Kiev, jacket sweet potato, sweetcorn and coleslaw....and roasted baby tomatoes
                              Last edited by greenishfing; 25-04-2023, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Mixed veg ‘cauli cheese’
                                Pomelo for pud
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X