Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm going to make a quiche (probably bacon, mushroom, pepper, tomato and whatever else is lurking in the bottom of the fridge) for tonight and have it with salad and bread and butter for anyone who wants it.

Comment

• Change of plan: crustless quiches here (onion, red pepper, courgette and peas) with salad. With leftovers for tomorrow. Hungry already.
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 10-05-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Gone with last nights plan of cabbage and lardons.
        Pears for pud
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Changed back last night to the original plan. So late when I finished in the garden that I decided to go back to the original plan of omelettes. Yogurt and blueberries for pud.

Tonight: salmon and veg. Pears for pud.

Comment

• Spicy Thai noodles with mixed veg and turkey.

Defrosted black cherries for pud

Comment

• Veg curry, rice with sourdough naans and pickles.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Defrosted black cherries for pud
                Do they freeze well? With or without stones? I was thinking of preserving some this year, but that always uses sugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Do they freeze well? With or without stones? I was thinking of preserving some this year, but that always uses sugar.
                  I freeze Morello cherries on good years. I freeze them with the stones in, as otherwise they end up stuck together in a lump. Frozen whole I end up with what looks like a bag of red marbles. I find the best (and least likely to end up with my kitchen looking like a bloodbath) time to de-stone them is when they are half- defrosted.
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 11-05-2022, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                    I freeze Morello cherries on good years. I freeze them with the stones in, as otherwise they end up stuck together in a lump. Frozen whole I end up with what looks like a bag of red marbles. I find the best (and least likely to end up with my kitchen looking like a bloodbath) time to de-stone them is when they are half- defrosted.
                    Fantastic, thanks.

Comment

• Tonight I decided on chicken goujons, roast vegetables (onion, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, sweet potato and tomatoes with thyme, sumac and preserved lemon), couscous and a sage sauce. Mr GF is now immovable.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Snap !….I am eating my black cherries still from 3 years ago as I had a bumper crop then and nothing since.. Try to exclude as much air as possible if you think you will store them for more than a year as some of mine have oxidised. Any juice which appears when defrosted ( I often microwave them) I heat and then freeze as icecubes to add to other cooked fruits at a later date.

Comment

• Sage sauce gf?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Sage sauce gf?
                            Only all the bits left in the pan the chicken was shallow fried in, loose breadcrumbs etc, a good sprinkle af sage, salt pepper and a glug of cream brought to the boil and then drizzled over the chicken goujons or used as a dip.

Comment

• Thanks, Nicos. With all the blackbirds about, I doubt we'll ever have a surplus of our own. But there's a village nearby famed for its cherries, and with good reason. I might buy some extra and bung them in the freezer this year.

More of the same for us tonight: fish and veg. But everything tastes amazing when you're hungry! Grapes for pud.

Comment

• Tonight, ribs, salad and garlic bread.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X