Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom used to put a layer of thick custard , then whipped cream scattered with loads of fruit. I used to love them

You could even splatter a favourite liquor over the sponge before piling on the toppings.

Oh dear - I can tell I’m dieting - I actually started to salivate just at the thought of that
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh…and remember to grate some chocolate over the top

Comment

• If I'd made the sponge I'd be tempted towards a baked alaska. Drizzle the sponge with booze, fruit and ice cream on top, then plastered with a decent layer of meringue and a few minutes in a hot oven or a decent blast with a strong blowtorch. I know it's very 1970s but it's still one of my favourites.

Comment

• The sponge flan has fallen by the wayside. Not literally, there just aren't enough hours in the day. But Nicos, your suggestion is absolutely perfect. Pretty well a trifle, just not in a bowl! I'm definitely making this tomorrow. The diet on Monday will have to include the leftovers, though. Not much of a diet, then, really. But never mind. There's always the week after Easter...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            The sponge flan has fallen by the wayside. Not literally, there just aren't enough hours in the day. But Nicos, your suggestion is absolutely perfect. Pretty well a trifle, just not in a bowl! I'm definitely making this tomorrow. The diet on Monday will have to include the leftovers, though. Not much of a diet, then, really. But never mind. There's always the week after Easter...
            Even more rich and calorie ridden leftovers???

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Even more rich and calorie ridden leftovers???
              Absolutely. But we can't eat a whole one in one day. Fortunately, it's only a small sponge flan mould and I suppose I could cut the sponge in half and freeze the second half for another weekend. That might work. There's still quarter of the Christmas pud left in the fridge, so we could have that tonight instead.

In any event, next week is a bit of diet disaster. On Thursday, a friend needs cheering up so he's coming round for pizza at lunchtime. And Friday, well Friday is hot cross bun day.

Comment

• Good grief!…you two are a bad influence when it comes to dieting!

you know … I’ve never made a proper baked Alaska. Not had one for years!…I’m now fancying trying to make one.

tonight we had green Thai fish curry

Comment

• Linguine for us last night - topped with kale, slivers of red onion, peppers stuffed with feta, sun dried toms and soft boiled eggs.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Same as last night for us, but with added ingredients. I was too tired to eat much, so left a decent helping.

Comment

• Nicos, I am definitely resisting the baked Alaska. And the sponge flan is on hold after all. We'll have it when our friend comes on Thursday instead. That way there will be no leftovers and someone else will help us eat it. But we are going to have it. Assuming he comes round because the weather isn't looking too promising.

Today, imam bayildi.

Comment

• Tonight is going to be prawn, mushroom and broccoli risotto.

Comment

• Toad in the Hole this evening with carrots, kale/sprouts and some peas from the freezer.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Korean style fish stew with rice noodles and stir-fried veg.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Tuna pasta bake this evening.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lentil Madras, chapattis and salad.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse