Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacket potatoes with chilli, salad, pickles and pitta breads.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• The chicken has been defrosting slowly overnight in the fridge and I've made bread so I'll zap some of the bread in the food processor and we'll have breaded chicken goujons with a creamy tarragon sauce, couscous and roast vegetables sprinkled with thyme and sumac.

Comment

• Do you bake or fry your chicken goujons, greenishfing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          Do you bake or fry your chicken goujons, greenishfing?
          I flour, egg and breadcrumb them and then shallow fry for about 8 minutes. I usually cut one of the bigger ones open just to make sure they are cooked to the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I flour, egg and breadcrumb them and then shallow fry for about 8 minutes. I usually cut one of the bigger ones open just to make sure they are cooked to the middle.
            Thanks. I'm going to add these to the repertoire. They sound just the job.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 17-04-2022, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I'm going to add these to the repertoire. They sound just the job.
              Mr GF is still groaning happily about being over full. I just make them with a couple of, cut into long thin strips, chicken thighs. The most expensive part of the meal, in both money and calories is the sauce...
              which is mainly cream and leftover breadcrumbs with herbs and seasoning but it really takes it to another level.....and one that Mr GF wouldn't want to miss. At age 92 I do tend to pander to his wishes (SOMETIMES).

Comment

• OK, now I need the sauce recipe, greenishfing. Or do you just eyeball it?

Comment

• Pork chops, mushrooms, onions, red peppers and roast potatoes.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

OK, now I need the sauce recipe, greenishfing. Or do you just eyeball it?
                    Yes, just by guesswork. I take the chicken out of the pan, add any leftover errant breadcrumbs and salt, pepper, herbs, then a good glug of cream and let it come to the boil.

Comment

• Brilliant. We'll have that next weekend. Thanks, greenishfing.

Comment

• Guinea fowl with roast spudand parsnips , carrots broccoli , stuffing and bread sauce.
                        Followed by a raspberry tart/cake
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Veggie burgers with a pasta salad.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• As soon Mr GF gets out of the kitchen I'm going to put some braising steak, potato and a few veg in the slow cooker and zap some shortcrust pastry in the food processor. Tonight I'll put it together and turn it into a meat and potato pie as it seems far more Wintry today. We'll have it with broccoli and beetroot.

Comment

• Duck breast and assorted veg.

Edited to add: veg to include home-grown PSB, which I thought wasn't going to do anything but is now in full production by the look of it.
                              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 18-04-2022, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• We have a pierrade and raclette machine so it’s a mixture of meats, veg and cheeses and a side salad. We need to cut back drastically after yesterdays indulgence
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X