Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornish pasties, chips, peas and gravy.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tonight is going to be chicken goujons with tarragon sauce, couscous and roasted vegetables.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening Tagliatelle bol etc.

Comment

• Pork with a creamy shallot and apple sauce served with beans and maybe mashed spuds.
          Fresh fruit salad for pud
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Seeing as I've had nothing interesting to add all week, I shall even record breakfast today: toasted hot cross bun with salted butter and marmalade. Yum, yum, yum.

Late lunch: chicken dopiaza with a lemony courgette curry and rice on the side. And a mini bundt with Greek yogurt and raspberries for pud. Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah.

Can't imagine we'll want much if anything for supper. In fact, the mini bundt pud could be supper.

Comment

• Chicken stir fry with mixed peppers,onions, mushrooms and pilau rice.
              Cheese and crackers with a glass of red for afters.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sausage bean and veg casserole.

Comment

• Lentil soup. Sounds a bit boring, but a soothing favourite. Another of the lemon bundt cake, Greek yogurt and raspberry confections. But I need some kind of syrup to moisten the cakes. No limoncello or anything else lemon flavoured in the house. Maybe I can find a lemon drizzle recipe.

Comment

• Tonight will be a picnic down by the coast ( we are taking our campervan!) but our main meal today will be a comparison of two different types of tinned cassoulet - one pork based and the other duck based.
                    Oranges for pud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Tonight will be a picnic down by the coast ( we are taking our campervan!) but our main meal today will be a comparison of two different types of tinned cassoulet - one pork based and the other duck based.
                      Oranges for pud.
                      Oh....cassoulet.😋🤤🥰 Yum! Yum!

I haven't had any for years. I love it, preferably fresh but even the tinned ones were good. I have never even seen it for sale in the UK.

I have just made something that is a bit like a bolognese sauce but with lots of olives and mushrooms added. I've got a pack of dried "conchiglie 5 colori" (bought in lockdown) out of the cupboard and I've got plenty mozzarella and parmesan. Tonight therefore will be some kind of pasta dish with garlic bread and avocado (yellow sticker), rocket and tomato salad.

Must add that I finished the leftovers from last nights chicken, roast veg and couscous cold for breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edit: Just decided to change the avocado, tomato and rocket salad to: avocado, walnut, rocket and orange (lonely one on the windowsill) salad with a vinaigrette dressing.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 24-04-2022, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Just a heads up….. the duck cassoulet was the winner…but only by a narrow margin

Comment

• Back on the weekday diet. The set menu for today reads: panaché de verduras with poached egg. That'll be it for the next few days with a small piece of fish some days rather than the egg. Pear for pud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                            Sausage bean and veg casserole.
                            Having the same again this evening but maybe a smaller portion so I can have some of the rhubarb and raspberry crumble I made yesterday.

Comment

• Left overs tonight with extra veg and fresh fruit to finish

Comment

• Well the "conchiglie 5 colori" was the toughest most horrible pasta I have ever eaten. I won't be buying that again. In fact next time we have pasta, and if I go get some 00 flour, I might even get the pasta machine out from the back of the cupboard and make my own.

I have got a bag of prawns out of the freezer for tonight and given Mr GF the choice of risotto or curry. He's picked curry, so prawn and potato curry with naan this evening.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X