Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheesy hot dog wraps, with roasted toms, courgette salad, mixed lettuce radishes and pickles.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I think tonight will be tagliatelle with a creamy white sauce with mushrooms, peppers, bacon, olives and parmesan with roasted baby tomatoes on the side. Garlic bread too to mop up the sauce.

Comment

• Language mashup today: panaché de verduras (French and Spanish for mixed veg - it's what they call it here in Spain to make it sound posh) with rice.

Comment

• Seared wood pigeon breast, sauerkraut, kale with red onion, and linguine with a splash of truffle oil.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Roast chicken with baked cauli and sesame seeds

pears for pud
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ooh that reminds me I bought a cauliflower the other day to make cauliflower cheese,I don’t know what to go with it…..did you hear about listeria in smoked fish on the news,food,gov website,they are saying to cook smoked fish,like smoked salmon,pregnant people & people who are immunosuppressed more at risk of it,some people can get listeria & it be sickness that’s all.
              https://www.food.gov.uk/news-alerts/...to-smoked-fish

Comment

• Potato and chicken curry with naan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                  Ooh that reminds me I bought a cauliflower the other day to make cauliflower cheese,I don’t know what to go with it…..
                  Cauliflower cheese goes with almost anything. Even just itself... (I do rather like cauliflower cheese )

Comment

• Chicken tikka and chapattis with raita, lettuce and thinly sliced red onion.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                      Ooh that reminds me I bought a cauliflower the other day to make cauliflower cheese,I don’t know what to go with it…..
                      I usually have it with salad and crusty bread.

Whoops forgot to say veggie soup for us this evening.
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 06-04-2022, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Cauliflower cheese goes with almost anything. Even just itself... (I do rather like cauliflower cheese )
                        I completely agree, I particularly like it with smoked streaky bacon though.

Comment

• Tonight, due to an unexpected delivery of pork pies will be, I think: A big salad, the pork pie which hopefully lives up to it's award winning status, assorted chutneys and pickles and if I go and set the breadmaker off next, fresh bread and butter.

Comment

• ^^^^^ drools! - I love a real pork pie!
                            We stopped off in Melton Mowbray en root to the nooorf just before the first lockdown and bought quite a few from the Old Pork Pie Shop.
                            I had tried to book in a pie making session but the times didn’t fit in with our travel plans
                            But…as a treat….we bought one of their cold crust pastry moulds to have a go here….but haven’t as yet.

Supper tonight is motivated by you lot!
                            Yum….cauliflower cheese!

I have slightly adapted it by adding different veg , lardons and used a mushroom sauce instead but sprinkled a mass of pizza cheese over the top to for a nice chewy crust.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• If I say leek and broccoli soup, it's going to sound very virtuous. But... we had Christmas pudding for breakfast. Leftovers from the weekend. It was only a very small piece today. More tomorrow...

Comment

• Faggots, mashed potatoes with mushy peas and gravy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X