This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mmm ^^^ nice one Bones! Will you be plate smashing later on?

Decision time for us - cod in a sumac sauce with a side of a risotto type bulgar wheat mixed veg ‘warm salad’

fresh pears for pud
    Sumac sauce. How do you make it? I even believe that I have a jar of sumac among my spices. A taste of Lebanon.

Tonight butter chicken for us with naan.

Comment

• Gf…I just sprinkle it into the warm cream sauce I’ve deglazed the fish pan with and leave it to stand for a few minutes. It’s a lovely lemon flavour isn’t it?
      (For stronger meats like chicken or turkey I’d lightly fry finely chopped onions and peppers until soft with a large spoonful of sumac , take off heat and add yogurt to make the sauce.)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Gf…I just sprinkle it into the warm cream sauce I’ve deglazed the fish pan with and leave it to stand for a few minutes. It’s a lovely lemon flavour isn’t it?
        (For stronger meats like chicken or turkey I’d lightly fry finely chopped onions and peppers until soft with a large spoonful of sumac , take off heat and add yogurt to make the sauce.)
        You are making me so hungry......yes, wonderfully lemony.

Comment

• Tonight will be tagliatelle bolognese (sauce back out of the freezer), garlic bread, salad and a generous helping of parmesan.

Comment

• Chocolate and orange buns earlier.

Squisotto I think tonight. For pud, dried fruit winter salad done in the pressure cooker with the juice from the zested orange for the buns. Haven't made this for absolutely ages and I love it.

Comment

• Hungarian goulash with rice tonight.

Clementines for pud.
              I am however tempted to make a warm fresh fruit salad as I have bananas, pineapple, apples and clementines. Warmed with a big knob of butter and drizzled with honey and desiccated coconut.
              Very similar to yours Snoop but using rather wrinkly fresh fruit!

Comment

• Korean style fish stew with rice noodles.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Cheese on toast then rice pudding and raspberry jam for afters.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Fish, chips, mushy peas, Tatar sauce and salad.

Comment

• Fillets of sea bream, mashed potatoes, carrots, peas and parsley sauce I think.

Comment

• Salmon, french beans and mashed potato followed by mixed fruit Charlotte and cream.

Comment

• Courgette, pea and broad bean risotto seeing as the squisotto didn't happen the other day.

Baked apple stuffed with mincemeat. Custard or creme fraiche. Depends how lazy I'm feeling.

Comment

• Cajun chicken (hm seasoning mix), with brown rice, kale and salad.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Salmon and pasta in a creamy sauce with a side salad.
                              mixed fruit Charlotte again for pud.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle and Bol etc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X